HD-DVD/BLU-RAY combo player questions (help!!!)

Timorous Scott

Raiden's Valet
is there a combo player out there with analog 5.1? if so, hows the picture and sound?

i have the first hd-dvd player with analog 5.1 and i love it, but i need to make a bit of an upgrade now. i've got a bunch of hd-dvds too so i don't want to ditch the player, but my receiver only has one input for 5.1. so i need a combo player with that!

help!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Good lord, why in the world would anyone buy a combo player at this point? I saw a dude buying one at Best Buy about 2 weeks before Toshiba pulled the plug, knew they were going to do it, and I was so tempted to say NO!!! Don't do it!

They're still way to expensive, and there's seriously no point, since everything's going to come to BD now anyway...

Dandy-J

Crazed MVS Addict
jro said:
Good lord, why in the world would anyone buy a combo player at this point? I saw a dude buying one at Best Buy about 2 weeks before Toshiba pulled the plug, knew they were going to do it, and I was so tempted to say NO!!! Don't do it!

They're still way to expensive, and there's seriously no point, since everything's going to come to BD now anyway...

They are, around $550??! I mean, WTF. get a BD player for under 300 and save yourself like 200 bones.