Help remembering an 80's movie.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
I can't remember the name of a movie, and I don't think I've seen it.. That's the bad news.

The good news is it has a really odd title. I'd guess something like X-189 or something ridiculous, yet I can't find anything about it. I remember the cover of the VHS tape as a kid in the movie store (remember those)... I am 99% sure the movie came out around the same time as Mad Max 2 but maybe up until 1985 or so.

I remember a robot looking guy on the cover but that's it. I have scoured the inter webs for any leads, but have come up empty.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
A robot on the cover really narrows it down for an 80s flick.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Because you said the title was something like X-189 i immediately thought of the george lucas film THX 1138, only problem, it's older than the 80's about 1971-72 if memory serves me right, i remember a silver faced robot cop on the cover as well.

th.jpg

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Cat, I thought the same thing but that's not it.

I think there was a crouching robot/cyborg on the cover holding a weapon.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Not Eliminators.

This has a similar cover to the one I remember. And this could be it, but I don't think it is. I remember the cover being darker, more menacing than this...

rotor-1269201947.jpg

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Off the top of my head, a few that come to mind are:
Chopping Mall
Hardware
Death Machine

None of those have the title you're talking about though. I'm just thinking of robot sci-fi/horror flicks from my childhood.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Never mind...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Not Eliminators.

This has a similar cover to the one I remember. And this could be it, but I don't think it is. I remember the cover being darker, more menacing than this...

rotor-1269201947.jpg

Well, memories can be deceiving... here's your darker version, arguably, with an "x" in the title.

M-0016_Mad_Max_one_sheet_movie_poster_l.jpg

Or maybe, against all odds, this...?

Spoiler:
cyborg-justice.jpg

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Well, memories can be deceiving... here's your darker version, arguably, with an "x" in the title.

M-0016_Mad_Max_one_sheet_movie_poster_l.jpg

Or maybe, against all odds, this...?

Spoiler:
cyborg-justice.jpg

I came across the comparison pic for Mad Max. Interesting... I do remember that movie.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Are you sure it's not Hardware also known as Mark 13?

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
I am fairly sure it's Rotor. The only thing that is holding me back from a 100% confidence level is it doesn't have an odd movie title. It meets the other requirements, so unless I happen across it by chance I'll be ok with it being Rotor.

I appreciate the input here! Really got my memory rolling in the right direction. Thank you.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
this reminds me of couple of years ago when i helped some one trying to remember the movie starman with jeff bridges. as a huge jeff bridges fan, i automatically knew which movie she was referring to when she said that the movie was about a man from space and had silver marbles and a scene with resurrecting a dear.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
this reminds me of couple of years ago when i helped some one trying to remember the movie starman with jeff bridges. as a huge jeff bridges fan, i automatically knew which movie she was referring to when she said that the movie was about a man from space and had silver marbles and a scene with resurrecting a dear.

Totally forgot about starman haha, I'll have to watch that again soon been on a 80s movie kick lately. I remember liking it but not caring much for the starman tv series that came out after even though I can't remember a single episode or even plot from it...

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Totally forgot about starman haha, I'll have to watch that again soon been on a 80s movie kick lately. I remember liking it but not caring much for the starman tv series that came out after even though I can't remember a single episode or even plot from it...

there was a starman tv series?. wow, did not know that. might check it out. but yeah, the movie is awesome and it is kind of forgotten, although it's better than a lot of sci fi movies of the time.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Are you sure it's not Hardware also known as Mark 13?

This is a seriously good film and so is the directors other flic dust devil.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is a seriously good film and so is the directors other flic dust devil.

Hardware is indeed great! Good cameo from Lemmy as the cabbie and Iggy too.

I actually prefer Hardware to Dust Devil but both are superb!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I feel like watching Deadly Friend or Short Circuit now.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I am fairly sure it's Rotor. The only thing that is holding me back from a 100% confidence level is it doesn't have an odd movie title. It meets the other requirements, so unless I happen across it by chance I'll be ok with it being Rotor.

I appreciate the input here! Really got my memory rolling in the right direction. Thank you.