HEY HEY HEY! Spike.com is putting this years best fighting game to a vote

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Don't worry about the game not being released. If you look from recent years they've had games nominated that had only been out a few days prior to the show being aired. It's all a crock, so don't even bother.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
What they should have done is entered each version of MvC3 that Capcom has tricked people into buying as a separate game, which would split the MvC3 vote. Sadly, one version would probably still win, but at least it wouldn't be as much of a landslide.

so split it in half?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The poll isn't closed until Dec 11. There's still plenty of time for KOF to get those votes.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Quit wasting your time.

This awards show is a farce. Even if KOF XIII got the most votes, don't fool yourselves into thinking spike would actually give it the honor.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Quit wasting your time.

This awards show is a farce. Even if KOF XIII got the most votes, don't fool yourselves into thinking spike would actually give it the honor.

Honestly, I'm amazed they even put it in contention with all that other mainstream shit. That in itself is a victory.

Of course it isn't gonna win though....but the votes and feedback in the comments section will guage how relevant KOF truly is (or isn't) to the fite gamez scene.

So again, we aren't "picking the best game" or trying to "win" so much as we are trying to unite and rally behind an underrated franchise from a company that is pretty much on the ropes. SNKP actually tried on this one....so the least we can do is TRY to let them know we appreciate their efforts.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Haven't played XIII but after seeing all the BS in the game (Raiden dropkick for example) it's far from worthy of the title "best fighting game". It was all Elizabeth, K', Kula and Raiden whorefests with a few other characters thrown here and there. This game needs balance and lots of it. Sure MvC3 does as well, but the character matchups are more diverse.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I completely endorse this thread's sentiment.

Solidarity.

As for whether or not it's the best fighting game of the year, it's the best fighter *I'VE* played this year so far, and the console build only looks to make it better.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
It's also fucked as hell that they set up the vote while ONLY ONE OF THE GAMES is still unreleased. What kind of bullshit is that? KOF deserves votes just for the purpose of protesting this fucking unfair bullshit.

Agreed. Voted KoF!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I voted for KOF because of this thread. Yeah, it's better than MVC3, but not by much. Older versions of KOF and MVC are better than both of those games by far. I've never seen a KOF 13 machine that isn't next to a CVS2. I've never gotten into it.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You don't belong on this site if you didn't vote for KOF XIII. I think that's a given.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's a terrible screen shot they're using for KOF XIII. All you can see is a headless K'. I'm surprised KOF is on there at all really.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My comment was deleted, wtf? Guess I'll troll this MKRayden guy.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Marvel vs capcom 3 might look good but the game play is not my thing. I like a kick button to be a kick button and not split into kick and punch depending where you are plus its just all about specials and super moves.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I love UMVC3, and will probably play it more than KOF XIII in all honesty.... but I voted for KOF as it deserves some support.

I don't care if UMVC3 wins anything, it's already a popular game and I already have friends to play it with, KOF has it's hands full for sure. I don't see too many casual players jumping in with uncharted,bf3 and MW3 still so fresh.

Marek

Banned
The Defense opened the door, Your Honor! It's admissible.

I'll allow it

12076288173061.gif

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I don't give two fucks about Spike TV. It's for chavenistic bros who only play Madden, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Skyrim.

Bros who watch football that tells them what to play.

*Evil Laugh*

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Only time I have ever watched Spike TV is when they had Super Dave on.