HOLY GEEZZ WORLD BACON SHORTAGE INCOMING

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :(

Might want to get your fill of ham this year, because "a world shortage of pork and bacon next year is now unavoidable," according to an industry trade group.

Blame the drought conditions that blazed through the corn and soybean crop this year. Less feed led to herds declining across the European Union “at a significant rate,” according to the National Pig Assn. in Britain.

And the trend “is being mirrored around the world,” according to a release (hat tip to the Financial Times).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Bacon is good and all but I reckon Chicken is better. I make some serious chicken schitzel sandwiches on the weekends. Tomato, egg, cheese, chicken mmmmmm!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Why can't we feed the pigs leftover kitchen garbage like every other country does? There's plenty of that going around.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Better for me since I can't eat much pork.

What kind of Filipino are you? LOL!

I'm gonna load my freezer with bacon and other pork cuts. This is truly marking the end of the world. :hammer:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
smart-bacon-front.jpg
morningstar-bacon-strips.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What kind of Filipino are you? LOL!

I'm gonna load my freezer with bacon and other pork cuts. This is truly marking the end of the world. :hammer:

The kind with gout!!! I can eat it but I prefer not to especially if I get it on the knee and then I can't walk for 3-4weeks. Trust me though it isn't easy passing it up.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I guess I’m gonna have to cut down on the bacon ice cream :(

UYHeF.jpg

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The kind with gout!!! I can eat it but I prefer not to especially if I get it on the knee and then I can't walk for 3-4weeks. Trust me though it isn't easy passing it up.

Yep, I got gout for the first time 1 1/2 years ago and thought it was something else since I did injure my toes a little. It wasn't until a few months ago when I got hit hard by it. My left index and middle toes had pain and my whole damn foot swelled up. I couldn't do walk or even hobble for a full month. So, I've been staying away from red meat, fish, cranberry juice and I really don't eat bacon much to begin with.

Also, try a little bit of baking soda mix with water (1/4 tsp of soda and 12 oz of water twice a day) when you feel another attack is coming on. The shit does more for it than any other remedies, like cherries for example. When it comes down to it, I really just need to loose a good 20 lbs. Also, try to drink mostly NATURAL alkaline water with minerals. The ionized artificial alkaline water doesn't work and is unhealthy to begin with.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
If pork prices are going up because of corn and soybean crops being so low, wouldn't this affect other food as well? Obviously corn and soybeans, but don't other livestock feed on corn and soy as well?

Also turkey bacon isn't bacon. The shit's better than it used to be, but still tastes strange.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I only eat center-cut bacon. Tastes exactly the same as bacon (it is bacon, after all), but MUCH lower in all of the things that makes bacon bad for you. It's completely worth paying a little more for.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Should seen it coming w/those Epic Meal Time guys and The Deep South's love of bacon.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The League of Bacon is most displeased at this news.

There will be... reprisals... :mad:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
There has been and will always be Bacon. :D

---------------------

And on the 9th day, God said man shall not live on Bread and Water alone ...
... so he created other things that start with "B" ...
... like Burgers, Bacon, Brats, Beer, Butts, and Boobs ...
... and man praised God--forever. :mr_t:

Last edited: