How long will this amiibo craze last?

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Never mind, I see it's only on certain titles: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/0...unts-10-off-batmanarkham-knight-for-instance/

It's no GCU, but I'll check their price from time to time. Still, can't beat 20% off all new games at Best Buy. Average discount is $12.

Yeah, it'll say on the Amazon product page if there is a prime discount and its not for every game. There was one for Amiibo Festival earlier but maybe the promotion ended? I really remember seeing it because I was really debating if I would be swayed by a $10 discount on that bundle. I donno. Maybe I was mistaken. I got the discount on my Halo 5 recently too.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Never mind, I see it's only on certain titles: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/0...unts-10-off-batmanarkham-knight-for-instance/

It's no GCU, but I'll check their price from time to time. Still, can't beat 20% off all new games at Best Buy. Average discount is $12.

Yeah I have GCU at Best Buy too and it is pretty sweet - plus you get the $10 credit to use when you preorder certain games.

The 20% off is especially awesome on limited editions like Fallout 4 and MGS5.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
And already gone, why am I never surprised anymore since half this market seems like flippers or speculators.

Twilight Pricess HD looks still up for me. Even Mega Man Legacy Collection is still up. But I don't think these bundled amiibos go quite as fast as solo ones.

Man, I hope they make a shit-ton of Cloud Strife Amiibos....the demand will be off the charts.

Last edited:

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just got back from a little early morning amiibo trip. TRU is having a buy one get one 40% off for today and Saturday. I picked up Mewtwo and one of the new print Villagers. They had a rather loaded setup, the only ones missing were Kirby, Samus, and Shulk.

I also tried to pick up that Target exclusive Lottie AC amiibo, but apparently the store had not received stock yet. Anyone have better luck finding one?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Just got back from a little early morning amiibo trip. TRU is having a buy one get one 40% off for today and Saturday. I picked up Mewtwo and one of the new print Villagers. They had a rather loaded setup, the only ones missing were Kirby, Samus, and Shulk.

I also tried to pick up that Target exclusive Lottie AC amiibo, but apparently the store had not received stock yet. Anyone have better luck finding one?

Lottie is next Friday. One week delay for her for some reason.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
So is the wooly Yoshi actually made of fabric/yarn or just plastic that looks like it is?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm going to be honest with you guys...I pop in this thread from time to time just to feel better about myself. Sorry...

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I like amiibos, and usually if I wait long enough I can get them from amazon, usually a japanese one for around $30 incl shipping.

Should I post my opened unboxed amiibos in the collection gallery? I don't have all of them since I generally get them when the mood strikes me.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Just FYI. Tried Isabelle and Mabel amiibos with HHD and they don't work :(

Looks like only the cards work with HHD. That sucks.

Edit: Scratch that. The figures work fine with Happy Home Designer. My NFC reader wasn't lined up correctly last night when I was messing around with these. Tested with the Isabelle figure again this morning and she came up fine in HHD.

Last edited:

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Just FYI. Tried Isabelle and Mabel amiibos with HHD and they don't work :(

Looks like only the cards work with HHD. That sucks.

Well that blows. These Animal Crossing games are so rushed to market they didn't even bother to get their amiibo support sorted out?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well that blows. These Animal Crossing games are so rushed to market they didn't even bother to get their amiibo support sorted out?

Thing that pisses me off more, and to be fair I'm enjoying Amiibo Festival, Villager can't be used with the game. What the fuck? Was playing tonight with some friends, so I grabbed my Villager and was met with, no can do.

Friends had a blast with the game, though. We played two rounds and everyone was digging it. It's a straight up boardgame, so won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it is fun.

No Villager support, though... WTF?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thanks for the update RabbitTroop - that's such BS. I can't see any logical reason why they would not make HHD designer compatible with the figures - I mean surely that would not have hindered the sale of the cards.

An no Villager compatibility is also stupid. Disappointing. I'll still pick up Tom Nook. The only other Animal Crossing amibos I really wanted were Isabelle (which I have to buy AF to get), KK (which I have to buy the 3 pack) - curse you Nintendo you crafty sneaks!!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the update RabbitTroop - that's such BS. I can't see any logical reason why they would not make HHD designer compatible with the figures - I mean surely that would not have hindered the sale of the cards.

An no Villager compatibility is also stupid. Disappointing. I'll still pick up Tom Nook. The only other Animal Crossing amibos I really wanted were Isabelle (which I have to buy AF to get), KK (which I have to buy the 3 pack) - curse you Nintendo you crafty sneaks!!!

Holy shit, guys. Sorry about that. I just tried again this morning and the Isabelle Amiibo worked with HHD. I'm using an old 3DS with the NFC reader, so maybe I didn't have it lined up right last night when I was messing around with this stuff.

I can confirm, the Amiibos do actually work with HHD. Villager, sadly, still does not work with Amiibo Festival.