How long will this amiibo craze last?

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
You may want to check your local Toys R Us locations. Lots of stores have already released the Wave 3A amiibo. Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik have been put out on shelves. And some locations have already started selling Lucario (whos official street date is Jan 30th) as well. I was able to grab the first three and I can tell you that Bowser will be very common, Toon Link may be slightly uncommon, but it appears that Sheik MAY be the rare from this initial wave. There were 16 Bowser, 5 Toon Link and 1 Sheik at my location here in eastern nc.

There are stores which have already got their full stock of wave 3 and I was told that 3B could possibly be released as soon as this Sunday. I will keep you all informed.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
You may want to check your local Toys R Us locations. Lots of stores have already released the Wave 3A amiibo. Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik have been put out on shelves. And some locations have already started selling Lucario (whos official street date is Jan 30th) as well. I was able to grab the first three and I can tell you that Bowser will be very common, Toon Link may be slightly uncommon, but it appears that Sheik MAY be the rare from this initial wave. There were 16 Bowser, 5 Toon Link and 1 Sheik at my location here in eastern nc.

There are stores which have already got their full stock of wave 3 and I was told that 3B could possibly be released as soon as this Sunday. I will keep you all informed.

Thanks for the heads up...and of course, Sheik is the only one from Wave 3 I did not pre-order! Lol, well, I won't be too upset if I can't find her.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I've only seen Bowser in TRU at this point, but I didn't get him as I already had him pre-ordered at Gamestop...but sounds like Bowser, Sheik and Toon Link are available at some places now...

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
my gamestop preorder just shipped today for the wave 3 stuff. so should have in hand in a day or so

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I have them pre-ordered at GS for local pickup. I would honestly be shocked if I got all of them with no hiccups.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I picked up Bowser, Toon Link and Sheik last week at TRU. I am waiting on the rest via preorders or basic dumb luck considering there are no official street dates and stores are selling them as they come in.

They released Lucario, Rosalina, and Shulk today (along with wave 3A) at Nintendo World in New York.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I picked up a Captain Falcon from TRU this past weekend for my cousin. It was the only one on the shelf. I spied a shit ton of Bowser but no other Wave 3 figures.

I've got the non exclusives reserved at GameStop and will pick them up when they're available to sell.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I wonder what the "rare" ones will be this go around. :annoyed:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Nothing yet. I ordered Shulk and Mega Man from GameStop.com a few months ago when they where announced. I saw somebody I follow on Instagram post a photo of her collection and she had a Shulk and didn't say how she got it early. Since she does costume work for Nintendo I can say that's why. I'm still waiting on them and whenever they open up orders for Ness. Hope some stupid shlub doesn't hate-buy boxes of them like with Rosalina

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
It is kind of weird how they seem to be "trickling" out. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the rest of this amiibo quagmire.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I thought hakurai already had all the amiibos, saw a picture of all of them.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Somebody from Street Pass Long Island was at Nintendo World NYC and took a bunch of photos of a line that reminded me of when the Wii launched. They had a line going up to the second floor wrapped around and all of the registers where full. Turns out their also selling Rosilena and Luma, but I'm not sure if Lucario and Shulk are included. I saw another photo of somebody online with a Shulk and Toon Link in the box which is bullshit because GameStop didn't even send out the one I pre-ordered.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
So does Gamestop send you an email telling that they have you order or.....? I might just call them today and check. Looking forward to the answer they give me.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I got a text message from Gamestop saying the Bowser I pre-ordered will be available on Friday afternoon - but no mention of any of the other ones I pre-ordered...hmmm

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
I got a text message from Gamestop saying the Bowser I pre-ordered will be available on Friday afternoon - but no mention of any of the other ones I pre-ordered...hmmm

my Bowser came in today, and yep - no mention of my other preorders either

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member

Same. I called them and they said it is just Bowser so far. :(

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Well my brother made it to Toys R Us and lol some people were lined up at 5 AM and the store only got 5 lucario.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I have lucario pre-ordered but haven't heard anything about it :/

ArmoredGecko

Quiz Detective
I have lucario pre-ordered but haven't heard anything about it :/

I have an email from 01/24 saying it will be available on 01/30 and will be held for 7 days. I'm picking mine up on the 1st or so since my sonic order should be in then too. Maybe your tru has a shipping issue.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Well I hope I can get a Rosalina but I doubt it.

Also fuck mariotehplumber having like 24+.

Funny how he came out saying these past five years were an act and he is not autistic. Everyone already knew that, now he is double autistic for thinking we didn't think he was autistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPJEnOE6i14

B8TUFsBCMAAetys.jpg

Last edited:

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
My wife went out for me during her lunch break at 1 to the local TRU, one of the workers told her 30 people were waiting outside for it to open.

I wonder if more will be released or thats that, I checked ebay, fuck those prices.