How much are MVS to AES convertors going for these days?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
super converter 2 goes for $200 - $250 pretty sure the neo store has them

phantom 1 $100-$150

daedalus $400

those are the 3 I know of

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
super converter 2 goes for $200 - $250 pretty sure the neo store has them

phantom 1 $100-$150

daedalus $400

those are the 3 I know of

Why thank you hyper.

Why is the Daedalus so much higher in price?

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
np, the daedalus is the highest quality converter, from what I've read it functions flawlessly, NG : DEV, msx and the multicarts all work perfectly on all NGH system revisions.

the phantom 1 can be modded to fix scaling issues and msx compatibility for later NGH systems, only SNK original titles will work perfectly on a modded phantom 1

SMVS2 I think there may be some scaling issues there not sure.

DavidG created the daedalus and phantom 1 upgrade board, I'm not sure what his status is here with the AF3 debacle and all..

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
There are also some older converters like the Pranslation and maybe others? Not sure about compatibility/price on the older converters, but you might find one cheaper than the newer products.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
np, the daedalus is the highest quality converter, from what I've read it functions flawlessly, NG : DEV, msx and the multicarts all work perfectly on all NGH system revisions.

the phantom 1 can be modded to fix scaling issues and msx compatibility for later NGH systems, only SNK original titles will work perfectly on a modded phantom 1

SMVS2 I think there may be some scaling issues there not sure.

DavidG created the daedalus and phantom 1 upgrade board, I'm not sure what his status is here with the AF3 debacle and all..

The Daedalus sounds interesting. I suppose those who have them now are lucky given that we don't quite know what his situation is.

I still think he is in with Ray Young.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Where have Phantom-1s been selling? I never see them for sale...

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I think the best compromise is the super converter sold by the neo store. If the scaling issue is not a big concern for you, it is the way to go. The Daedalus converter has no scaling issues, but I don't like the way the cart slot is positioned and how hard, IMO, it is to take the carts out. I've never seen a phantom converter, so I can't comment on that.

David G said he had some Daedalus ready, but considering his current situation, I don't know if you could or would want to buy one from him right now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think the best compromise is the super converter sold by the neo store. If the scaling issue is not a big concern for you, it is the way to go. The Daedalus converter has no scaling issues, but I don't like the way the cart slot is positioned and how hard, IMO, it is to take the carts out. I've never seen a phantom converter, so I can't comment on that.

David G said he had some Daedalus ready, but considering his current situation, I don't know if you could or would want to buy one from him right now.

The Super MVS Converter 2 also has compatibility issues with other games besides the scaling issue.

If you can find a P1 for sale then grab it and upgrade it. The Daedalus is nice but of course pricey. Furrtek is designing a converter as well using the ZMC2 which supposedly takes care of all the problems the SMVSC2 had and is supposed to be priced reasonably cheaper than DavidGs converter.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Furrtek is designing a converter as well using the ZMC2 which supposedly takes care of all the problems the SMVSC2 had and is supposed to be priced reasonably cheaper than DavidGs converter.

Is there a time-frame for when it will be available?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
The Daedalus converter has no scaling issues, but I don't like the way the cart slot is positioned and how hard, IMO, it is to take the carts out. I've never seen a phantom converter, so I can't comment on that.
The nice thing about the side connectors though; your cart titles face forward & you don't have a converter towering above the console, demanding extra shelf height.
Connectors initially grip the carts super tight & require some extra care, but relax with use & become trivial to work with. Pending resolution of the AF3 drama, hopefully the remaining will be available again.

DavidG

The Daedalus conveter will be in the neostore next week for those looking for one.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
About the "open hardware converter", the prototype boards are ordered, first tests should happen at the end of the month.
Testing will take a while unfortunately, as long as it takes to test most of the MVS games, especially those known to be special like MSX or the NG:DT ones.

Will post a thread about it when we'll be ready. For now, we have this.

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
The Daedalus sounds interesting. I suppose those who have them now are lucky given that we don't quite know what his situation is.

I still think he is in with Ray Young.

I ordered and received one about two weeks ago directly from David.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
As far as I'm concerned, if Raz isn't getting a royalty on those they can go fuck themselves.

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Does anyone know if Prehistoric Isle 2 is compatible with any of the above converters without any issues?