How to switch slots when 161 multi cart installed?

Ultra7350

n00b
Received my 161 in 1 multi cart today. Installed the cart in the first slot of my MVS 4 slot board. The multi cart comes up and plays fine but I can not switch to another slot using switch game button? I tried to switch slots when the multi cart is in the game list menu. Has anyone else have this problem?

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
Yes, you are limited to only using one slot when the 161 (or other multi-carts) is installed.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Incorrect, you can put other cartridges into a multislot board. I have three additional games that aren't on my 161 and they work fine.

You can only switch games after you've selected a game from the 161-1 menu. You can't while you're in the menu itself.

Ultra7350

n00b
Incorrect, you can put other cartridges into a multislot board. I have three additional games that aren't on my 161 and they work fine.

You can only switch games after you've selected a game from the 161-1 menu. You can't while you're in the menu itself.

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. If it works that I can still switch slots with the multi cart that will get me a reason to change out my EL panels in my marquee.

Ultra7350

n00b
I have another question about switching slots. I have the dip switch number seven down for free play and all the other dip switches are up. It won't let me switch slots until I add credits on the coin mech switches. Is their a way around it so I don't have to add credits to switch slots?

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I have another question about switching slots. I have the dip switch number seven down for free play and all the other dip switches are up. It won't let me switch slots until I add credits on the coin mech switches. Is their a way around it so I don't have to add credits to switch slots?
If you have a Unibios installed, there is a menu setting to allow switching games before adding credit.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
it is dip 7-

isn't the thing to change (game select:anytime or after credit-you want anytime)in the soft dips. just hold all of or is it just three of them buttons at startup to gain access?
_someone with a better memory-I remember just asking this myself, and wish I could lighten the load but:p

Last edited: