I finished today...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
y5aby6yp.jpg

I've been spending a lot of time down in the basement this week, and I don't know if it's the air down here, or what...

But I was inspired to make the above.

I call it, the 1p XL panel. Basically, I wanted a 1p panel for STGs, and I'm dead broke. By connecting the (formerly) 2p side buttons to the 1p loom, & making sure all the holes in the CP were filled:

Violá-
menu5avu.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thx, gise. Missed y'all mucho.

*runs off to break in XL CP*

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
^This.
Nice to see you, Jim! :D

Diggin' those colours on the CP.
Whatcha playing? Bee Storm?

You too, mang. The shirts have been nicely done! Really thought that cave one was clever.

The Fruit Stripe Gum motif of the cp started as a joke...it's really grown on me tho. Bee Storm is indeed in the AC @ the moment. Maintained a combo into the high triple digits last night; 8xx.

Dumb fun.

To all the well wishers-thanks. To all the haters (wether I was an integral part of you getting your 1st cab or not)...thanks as well.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
To all the haters (wether I was an integral part of you getting your 1st cab or not)...thanks as well.

Because you made a list, I am supposed to like your control panel? :P I give you an "A" for effort! However I can tell from the look on your face playing with your hands so far apart looks awkward at best. I do like the far button on the left because it reminds me of an egg, was this intentional?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Because you made a list, I am supposed to like your control panel? :P I give you an "A" for effort! However I can tell from the look on your face playing with your hands so far apart looks awkward at best. I do like the far button on the left because it reminds me of an egg, was this intentional?

Of course not. *I* barely like this CP layout. I thought you didn't have anything nice to say about me being back, lol. After all that list typing, >sniffle< it's easy to catch feelings. ;^)

Eggy button wasn't intentional...but breakfast is my favorite power up of the day.

As far as awkward hand spacing: 1) yup, it is. Still trying to get used to it. 6 button daioh would be like making Rick Wakenan-esqe keyboard solo runs. 2) I think the AC/Cute cp is the upper size limit of 1pXL panels being playable. A neo 19 might be right on tho.
zupytasa.jpg

yvera3yr.jpg

@ DocD: good eye, good buddy. ^_^

Last edited:

Chempop

To continue with the cp trend, I am trying to restore one that came with my astro. This is sorta an experiment, but it's no real loss if I destroy it seeing as how it's going unused at the moment.

TONS OF RUST (mostly) REMOVED:
10233601324_64892720f1_c.jpg

REALLY BAD PEELING: I went at it for a while with a utility knife, once I started damaging the actual overlay, I stopped ;)
10233602614_f51d5b5ba4_c.jpg

AND I WAIT: I spent a while looking for a piece of wood, figured I live above a flooring place so it shouldn't be too difficult.. even went lurking in a very dark basement where I couldn't exactly find enough light switches... eventually this piece outside the hair salon seemed to work.

10233603994_69897abaed_c.jpg

Results will be posted later. :scratch:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Started work on the 2nd net city I grabbed. Cleaned out behind the monitor, and rotated it by myself against my better judgement (didn't have any issues thankfully). I cleaned out a lot of filth, but I still have a lot left to polish up. Lots of tape residue to remove too. The monitor in this one is even sharper than the first one I grabbed, I'm really glad I went back to get another before they were all gone.

20131012_235807.jpg.jpg

"the twins" next to each other. I'm going to put a 2l12b in the yoko cab (thanks chempop for the panel that's on the way).

20131012_235820.jpg.jpg

Chempop

Nice skate! Twins for the win as I say, will be even nicer with a NNC panel on the hori. Seeing your cabs, I think you should go with some combination of Orange, Yellow, blue, and red (or vermillion if you don't mind snap-ins). White buttons might kinda make the yellowing on the body even more an eye-sore.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I thought about that, but I'm going to try white buttons anyway. The yellowing looks a bit worse in the photos than in person. If it looks bad I can always try something else.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
I thought about that, but I'm going to try white buttons anyway. The yellowing looks a bit worse in the photos than in person. If it looks bad I can always try something else.

You can always vinyl dye the yellow parts as arcadegame has done successfully on many of his cabs.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
You can always vinyl dye the yellow parts as arcadegame has done successfully on many of his cabs.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. The only yellowed part is the whole front plate that holds the monitor bezel. It's all one piece and I really want to keep any stickers that are on it intact. I would think I'd have to cover the stickers with a non-porous tape before applying the vinyl dye, anyone have any exp with that?

Got the PSU fan done today, the only quiet 80mm 12v fan I could find locally had blue LED's in it. LEET HAX BRO :lolz:

I also did the 100v vent fan at the back of the cab since that was dead too, but I replaced it with a 3 inch AC fan since that's what I could source locally.

20131014_154334.jpg.jpg

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Pimp my PSU :lolz:

Great work with those beauties, now you just need to do something about that "yellow" and they will be perfect!

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. The only yellowed part is the whole front plate that holds the monitor bezel. It's all one piece and I really want to keep any stickers that are on it intact. I would think I'd have to cover the stickers with a non-porous tape before applying the vinyl dye, anyone have any exp with that?

Got the PSU fan done today, the only quiet 80mm 12v fan I could find locally had blue LED's in it. LEET HAX BRO :lolz:

I also did the 100v vent fan at the back of the cab since that was dead too, but I replaced it with a 3 inch AC fan since that's what I could source locally.

20131014_154334.jpg.jpg

Paint the rest of the cabs "Nicotine Creme". Problem solved!

Really pumped you took (extra) advantage of that local honey hole. Have fun with twins.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
qytyju8y.jpg

Thx to 300nguyens for the late night tech supportdesk call! Green means goooooooo!

yguraqa2.jpg

Net Boot rig back from the dead, and marquees finally installed. Thx to FrancoB & NOAH for the Aero love!

4e8a8ure.jpg

Gamer_Base(ment) starting to take shape...