I finished today...

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
For shits and giggles, plus I was really bored... I decided to put one of my MS9 tube and chassis combination inside my New Net City cab. It took a bit of work since the New Net City are JVS cab. Thank god for FrancoB and his JVS to JAMMA loom! Then there's the matter of the bezel. Luckily, there are 3 different bezel that are available for the NU/NC/NNC. And lastly I had to make a couple of adapters for the degauss, power and RGB. But overall, it was fun to do and now I basically have a NAC on steroids. Sun PSU, stereo amp, JVS power leads!

NNC-MS9.jpg

Last edited:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Restored an original Astro City panel w/ NOS CPO:

wHwipqZ.jpg

oi5bSMh.jpg

A9laCzQ.jpg

2NDuOFE.jpg

Hey!!, nice panel, where did you get the NOS overlay?? can I have one?? an original "Sega/not licensed by" overlay with Seimitsu stick mounts is like a dream come true:drool:.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I got it off eBay a little while ago, a few years. Haven't seen another pop up since!

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
For shits and giggles, plus I was really bored... I decided to put one of my MS9 tube and chassis combination inside my New Net City cab. It took a bit of work since the New Net City are JVS cab. Thank god for FrancoB and his JVS to JAMMA loom! Then there's the matter of the bezel. Luckily, there are 3 different bezel that are available for the NU/NC/NNC. And lastly I had to make a couple of adapters for the degauss, power and RGB. But overall, it was fun to do and now I basically have a NAC on steroids. Sun PSU, stereo amp, JVS power leads! Pictures to come when I am not lazy.

Sweet! Looking forward to the pics.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
For shits and giggles, plus I was really bored... I decided to put one of my MS9 tube and chassis combination inside my New Net City cab. It took a bit of work since the New Net City are JVS cab. Thank god for FrancoB and his JVS to JAMMA loom! Then there's the matter of the bezel. Luckily, there are 3 different bezel that are available for the NU/NC/NNC. And lastly I had to make a couple of adapters for the degauss, power and RGB. But overall, it was fun to do and now I basically have a NAC on steroids. Sun PSU, stereo amp, JVS power leads!

NNC-MS9.jpg

But you lost the tri-sync feature:(... I wish Nanao had released a Tri sync chassis with the same quality and sturdiness of the MS9, those damned MS2931 flybacks...

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member

NNC-MS9.jpg

I'm guessing Naomi Universal bezel? NNC too flat, original Net City is nearly flat (MS2931/33), I'd imagine Naomi Uni was just right for fitting.

Looking good bruhhhhhhh. :buttrock:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
But you lost the tri-sync feature:(... I wish Nanao had released a Tri sync chassis with the same quality and sturdiness of the MS9, those damned MS2931 flybacks...

I'm not too worried about losing tri-sync capabilities. I mainly play 15khz games anyway. Plus, I have several other cabs that are tri-sync if I really wanted to play 31khz games.
Actually, the most sturdy Nanao tri-sync chassis is a MS-2933. They are basically an updated version of the MS-2931 with the black goop problem.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I'm guessing Naomi Universal bezel? NNC too flat, original Net City is nearly flat (MS2931/33), I'd imagine Naomi Uni was just right for fitting.

Looking good bruhhhhhhh. :buttrock:

Bingo. Though I actually bought the bezel from Giz10p (when they had them for sale). It is item number NOA-1502-01. In fact, I bought a couple of the 01, 02 and 03 bezel. I am glad I did at the time because they are no longer being sold.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Bingo. Though I actually bought the bezel from Giz10p (when they had them for sale). It is item number NOA-1502-01. In fact, I bought a couple of the 01, 02 and 03 bezel. I am glad I did at the time because they are no longer being sold.

The cab and monitor look excellent! Nice work.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So the monitor in my big red had been getting dim and causing me some problems. Found a machine local that was beat all to hell, paid 50 bucks for it, took the monitor out and gave the empty can to a buddy. The monitor is a Sharp Image dual resolution monitor and to be frank....it has a damn good picture. Stole the plastic black bezel too. Ill take some pics later... Now my cab is bright enough to give me a sunburn ;)

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Oh, that CPS3 setup is badass! Is the 'Capcom' and CPS3 logo laser etched?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just be careful with plexi as it holds static charge, you can wash it with bleach or use anti-static solution.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Does the SCSI2SD run without the 4-pin power molex attached? Or do you just not have it plugged in in this picture? I wasn't sure if those 50pin internal SCSI cables were powered like the later 68 pin ones.

Yeah it runs without molex power. It gets all the power it needs over the SCSI cable.

jhonny d

Kula's Candy
What kind of material would you reccomend to prevent static charge? (aside from wood)

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
I use denaturated alcohol(ethanol/methanol) to clean the plexi sheets, thus it discharges the static electricity.

jhonny d

Kula's Candy
and once they're cleaned they're discharged? I assume that with time they may build up static electricity again

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,