I finished today...

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
apparently nobody at my house but me likes to hear repetitive monkey ball sound FX so....

I wanted to use my fancy gaming headset , but it's USB powered ... so something had to be built !

19898405282_574dc36549_c.jpg

the naomi is so damn picky about the 5v, I was not gonna take the chance to draw to much juice out of the 5v header on it ( the bass on that headset is boss :lolz: ) Instead I opted to tap pin1 from CN6 on the JAMMA io
By using the pass-through RCA cables that came with it, I can now independently control the headset and speaker volume. :D

19717909670_8915874b55_c.jpg

and I now have a nice spot to hang my headset, at least till I swap panels.

19719231359_49a0773d58_c.jpg

Cheers !

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Just finished putting together a Saturn to Neo-Geo/Supergun adapter powered by a FGW widget from Toodles. Enjoying using my Hori Fighting Stick SS on the Neo and CPS2.

CI2aDZP.jpg

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Decided to share something i made just for fun:
An Arcade stick to plug on my supergun.

The structure is all wood but has a metal plate for the snap on buttons and joystick.

ybLfWrZl.jpg

vC19Cw8l.jpg

6CVosT5l.jpg

NhdE0LRl.jpg

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
sweet !!

what kind of paint did you use ?
how is the stick mounted ?

so... you have access to a laser cutter ?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
sweet !!

what kind of paint did you use ?
how is the stick mounted ?

so... you have access to a laser cutter ?

- Painted in a car painting boot (it's my dad's job)
- It has the screws directly attached to the metal sheet, like a usual control panel, we have a "special gun" for that at my work, don't have a clue about the name of it... Will take a picture in a couple of minutes
- Yup, laser cut and CNC machines with a drill, but i allways have to ask for a favor.

I've done my Naomi control panels myself, laser cut and with the same screws. 100% identical ;)

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Here are the screws, sorry for the quality...

M3 or M4, these are M3.

KuiFmGLl.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Finished a Custom Hori RAP v3 stick mod with a Fighting Commander 4 pad and a Remora RGB LED controller.

11960114_750285468413514_4644177718836406370_n.jpg

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I had to make a little upgrade. NOW it's done, and i'm happy!

bikSjVdl.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Nice!!!:multi_co: What do you think about the Remora vs Kaimana in terms of overall functionality? Have a project Im doing for a friend of mine who would like LEDs in his seimitsus and Id love to hear your opinion!

Haven't used the kaimana, but there are some differences.

Kaimana: Ultra customizable (but custom maps can be a pain to install, PAS is working on an interface), install isn't as clean as the remora and can be messy if you don't plan it out and manage wires.
Remora: Lots of preset functions, not as customizable. Install is stupid easy, and the wire management is really easy since the RGB harnesses and the button signals are over the same pre-made harness.

There's other, more in depth stuff, but I can't hop into it.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well I didn't make anything really but I finished fitting and wiring my MS-2930 tri-sync into a Super Neo 29 candy. Old hitachi wasn't cutting it, I need my 31k fix damnit. I swear the Nanao is a sharper display.

This means I've got a Blast City cabinet without a monitor and I will be parting the whole cabinet out over the next couple months. Keep an eye on the selling forums, I'll have everything from speakers to screws.

monitor1.jpgmonitor2.jpgmonitorclean.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
This means I've got a Blast City cabinet without a monitor and I will be parting the whole cabinet out over the next couple months.

Interesting choice considering the Blast is arguably the superior shell, has multiple sound amps, parts aren’t impossible to find, etc.
Are you just an SNK fanboy, or prefer the smaller chintzy feel of the super neo? :scratch:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Interesting choice considering the Blast is arguably the superior shell, has multiple sound amps, parts aren’t impossible to find, etc.
Are you just an SNK fanboy, or prefer the smaller chintzy feel of the super neo? :scratch:

I really do love this cabinet, it's smaller and isn't as proprietary in its approach to wiring. I think it's a more practical cabinet and now with a tri-sync it's even better. Plus its an SNK cab, I don't see many of them here and the ones you do see are the lowboy oceania woodies.

Superior shell? Perhaps options wise but durability? strength? I'm not so sure as the super neo is mostly steel. My shell has cracks under the control panel and it tends to be too flexible for my liking. Also being able to move the super neo room to room without having to remove the entire control panel is a plus for me.
Look I don't disagree with you here, the Blast city is a superior cabinet in terms of capability, flexibility and parts aren't scarce. You could easily build a sound amp into the cabinet though? If I actually need it, so far the sound seems fine.

Now parts... well you have definitely got me there. The situation is terrible I know and it's unlikely to get any better. Control panels are nigh impossible to find, maybe I can get someone to reproduce one at a metalwork shop?

Hokuto No Ken!
hnk1.jpghnk2.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
isn't as proprietary in its approach to wiring

Ahh I see what you are saying. I suppose if I knew my way around wiring a bit better that壇 certainly be a big plus.

the super neo is mostly steel.

Indeed, the metal is nice but the white plastic around the speakers, monitor, and control panels topper is brittle. I do see what you mean about the CP feeling more firm than the Blasts? Like all cabs, both have strengths and weaknesses.

It is awesome you got a Toshiba working in there so easily, bravo! I do like how the monitor frame just sorta rests in the Super Neo shell, as where the blasts you have those 4 bolts you need to align. I am pretty green when it comes to wiring, If I were to do this swap down the road it I would need a tutorial :emb:

Btw, Jambitboom needs a blast plexi marquee cover, give him a PM when you are ready to part out your cab.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Pros and Cons man, that's all it is. ;)

Yeah the monitor frame sits perfectly but I did have to slightly loosen the bolts holding the monitor to the Sega frame. That way I could drop the frame down by maybe 2-3mm and get it past the mounts. That didn't seem to affect its ability to mount properly or viewing space which seems spot on with the bezel.
Another issue is the Hitachi monitor frame held the CRT about 8-10mm closer to the bezel so it was flush. I will need to install some washers perhaps to bridge that gap.

Swapping a monitor at least wiring wise is quite easy. Remember its only RGBS-GND with 2 wires for Degauss and 2 for 100V AC. As long as you hack the wiring loom used for that particular monitor it's not overly complicated. Fitting a monitor is the hard part lol.

The sega model 3 is really a big monster to me to pull it out from my blast city, so I set a handle on the case=)
DSC08862.JPG

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
the model3 is a beast in deed ! is bass fishing game the new craze sweeping through Taiwan ? ;)

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Decided to update my arcade sticks (Qanba Q3's).

e7kthG4.jpg

The shmup stick is now fully complete. I replaced the buttons with Sanwa OBSF's w/ clear plungers, converted it to a 6-button layout, and added a new flame ball-top!

I returned my fighting game stick to the stock overlay, and ended up cutting a new port panel (by hand) out of Black Acrylic. This was done using only a Scoring Tool for cutting the Acrylic, a Rotary Tool for rough-cutting the holes, and a set of Shaping Files to get the clean edges and rounded corners.
Made for a much cleaner outcome this time, and used a smaller more square-sized RJ45 port (squares a lot easier to cut out evenly than ellipses):
VM6WvzC.jpg

Here's a comparison of the old Port Panel, to the new one. Definitely an improvement:
zNqol5l.jpg

Cleaned up the wiring, added silent switches to the Sanwa JLF Joystick and Silent Pads to the buttons. Still deciding what to do with the side buttons, if I'm going to use them or not. Also, I still need to do the wiring update for Sega Saturn (makes the Guide button non-functional, which is fine since Start+Select is the Home button shortcut).
YImcMmf.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
With the help of a sander, dremel and some paint thinner I was able to bring my rusty old Super Neo control panel back to it's bare glory. Just in time for a new overlay coming in the post!

beforetop.jpgaftertop.jpgbeforebottom.jpgafterbottom.jpg

Last edited: