I get whored playing on-line DS!!!

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Damn! Now I know why I don't play on-line -- I get trashed by these kids. I suck. I need to learn about this blue spark crap in Mario Kart....

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
I haven't played DS yet, I'm picking it up tonight. Is the blue spark thing the same as in Mario Kart for the GC?

Galford Forever

billd420 said:
I haven't played DS yet, I'm picking it up tonight. Is the blue spark thing the same as in Mario Kart for the GC?

Don't know -- never spent much time the GCN one.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
billd420 said:
Yep :glee: its a lot quicker to work than the GC one though, and the colors are different, (Clear->Blue->Orange) you'll be fine ;)

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, people abuse the hell out of this online. Half the time they're horrible at the game itself, but good at the technique - which is what gets them the wins. Pisses me off. :very_ang:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I get wasted all the time too, and I can do the power slide most of the time. It seems like using it doesn't make any difference at all - power slide gives you speed, but holding the R or L button just before doing it slows you down so using the power slide afterwards keeps you going at the same speed (or slower) than people not using it.

Galford Forever

At least it's not just me. The kid I played against beat me so solidly it was like I was a gaming noob. And yeah, he used that "snaking" technique all the time. I'll give him props for that -- he could pull that off real good.

This and the original SOCOM are my only real forays into on-line gaming (not counting Everquest and Ultima On-Line, which were AWESOME). SOCOM was pretty much the same way and got old real fast because of it. These kids are so good at this stuff -- I guess it's because they grew up with these kind of games.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
I get wasted all the time too, and I can do the power slide most of the time. It seems like using it doesn't make any difference at all - power slide gives you speed, but holding the R or L button just before doing it slows you down so using the power slide afterwards keeps you going at the same speed (or slower) than people not using it.

I dont agree. I keep winning for a reason and I use them all the time. Also if you do time trial and look at the path you take you can clearly see a speed increase. Try and use somebody with alot of acceleration as they have the longest boosts.