IC: East Coast Candy Cab Group Buy!!

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Timetable is directly correlative to if/when we have all cabs accounted for.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Those last 8 are gonna be tough, I think. Is there a plan B if there aren't enough takers?

Does anyone have an account at SRK? Maybe someone can pimp this thread over there?

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
If a spot opens up, I'd be in for a NAC if it has a 2 player panel and is not yellowing.
Yes I'm a little demanding lol.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
If a spot opens up, I'd be in for a NAC if it has a 2 player panel and is not yellowing.
Yes I'm a little demanding lol.

that's the risk you take in a group buy, can't really be picky because the price is better than buying from a private seller. And on top of that, there are others looking for same things you are. cabs can be scrubbed and painted, panels are easy to replace.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I'm just here to vouche for N80G80. I took part of the Q25 group buy organized by Justin and I can attest not only for my cab but 3 other members who had a great experience dealing with Justin. Great guy, a real pleasure to deal with.

Best of luck partner!

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm just here to vouche for N80G80. I took part of the Q25 group buy organized by Justin and I can attest not only for my cab but 3 other members who had a great experience dealing with Justin. Great guy, a real pleasure to deal with.

Best of luck partner!

I so wish that candy cabs would've been on my radar back then. The Q25's are awesome, and the Capcom Impress cabs even more so. I had the opportunity to play one last year, amazing. A group buy full of Capcom and SNK candies would be my dream group buy.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Default Gen, Yes Boss, DJ Long Cat or SSTurtle can have the (2) NAC's I claimed (not sure who requested first). Won't bore anyone w/drama, but had something come up and not 100% sure i'll have the funds now when called upon. If things get squared away, i'll try to get my hat back in the ring. Apologies for wishi-washiness to OP...

Last edited:

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Man I haven't been on these forums in a while...

Go ahead and put me down for two of the New Versus City. One for me and one for my friend.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught this on KLOV and joined up to get on. I have 1 Astro and I need MORE!

Since we're out of NACs I'll take NVC ... I'll find room for it...
Quick reminder: VC/NVC the SAME image always displayed on both monitors, right? like a copy NOT like head to head racers.

Take it easy on me this my first "group buy" so I have some dumb questions. How/when do we pay/How would someone say in Florida get it home? And what's the timeline on delivery (I might be moving to pittsburgh so Baltimore would be pretty close)? I know "when they're all taken" but after that weeks? months?

I would use NAVL and ask for Michelle. Her direct email is mbianchi@precision-nal.com. I use her for pinball stuff and she has been awesome. It may be a tad pricey compared to USHIP, but there is insurance and she knows to tell the people how to wrap and transport your stuff. If anyone in the South Florida area wants to split shipment on a Candy let me know :) Its about the same price to ship 2 as it is 1.

I'm in central Florida and would be more than willing to drive the 300mi to save half but would they'd count a VC/NVC as "one" more? It is ONE cabinet.

Thanks,
DV

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Correct, versus city cabinets clone the image of one jamma board on both monitors. The idea is to have a "head to head" setup for versus fighting games. There are special wiring kits sold that can convert the cabinets to play two separate games, but I don't know much about them. I'm sure you could always rewire the cabinet yourself if you wanted to.

I would assume you would pay N80G80 once all the cabs are spoken for, and he gets ready to make the purchase.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Correct, versus city cabinets clone the image of one jamma board on both monitors. The idea is to have a "head to head" setup for versus fighting games. There are special wiring kits sold that can convert the cabinets to play two separate games, but I don't know much about them. I'm sure you could always rewire the cabinet yourself if you wanted to.

I would assume you would pay N80G80 once all the cabs are spoken for, and he gets ready to make the purchase.

If anyone has any more questions in regards to the NVC/ wants more details on things such as wiring, monitors, PSU, AMP, etc.; then feel free to contact BIGTIME or myself. We co-own one of these cabs, which is stored in his warehouse. Note these cabs are longer than two back to back cabs. But you get tons of internal storage for lots of arcade boards.

bubbahotep

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh shit. I didn't realize the NVC is one giant head-to-head cabinet (candy cab noob here) . I just assumed I was seeing two cabs back to back.

I'm going to switch my request to just the 1xNAC then, if someone wants to take the 1xNVC I requested earlier.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Seems like we have quite the waitlist for NAC, but whats the new count and member list looking like? If we have an update maybe in the original post or here we can bump the remaining on other sites.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinion Fluff:
Damn no love for the NVC (not to mention the gorgeous VC), gang? I might have to rob a bank and buy the lot.

I guess when you have 20 big wooden cabs around a couple of candies back to back doesn't sound that bad. I think they're worth the space to not elbow the guy on P2.

I actually like the looks of the standard versus better. I also prefer my Astro to the blast city but for the same price I'll take the tri-sync and be happy that Versus Cities will be around... perhaps someone will back out or want to sell theirs later.

Masamune, I'm PMing you some (Wiring) questions BUT for people looking for shippers What are the dimensions of the NVC? That's the first thing anyone is gonig to ask.

Correction: I don't seem to have permission to view profiles? this a noob thing?

Last edited: