IC: Laser cut marquee holders

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Honestly I'm good with clear personally. I just want something to make it so my fucking cat can't get on top of my net cities :lolz:

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I would be interested in Orange and Green. Good call on using clear for the front to make the art pop!

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
One clear NAC plexi for me please!

Shout outs to ^WupWuh^ for gifting me one of these before when I first got my my Astro. They look really great!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I would like a NAC and a aero city if you can still make that one.

FrancoB

n00b
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sorry for the late update, I've been sorting a few things out.

Ok, after speaking to a few plastics companies it looks like laser cutting is not really going to be an option. This is mainly due to the fact that a lot of the parts I want cutting need to be made from extruded acrylic and I've been told that they'll struggle to achieve an acceptable finish. I hand polish the edges on all of my holders and so I was only going to get them cut if they could assure me of any excellent finish and they can't do that without adding further operations.

With all that in mind I'm going to do them all myself. I was going to be doing a few manually anyway so I guess I may as well do the whole lot. At least then I can be sure of the quality of the products.

I'm buying some more template material and CNC milling some new templates to work from for certain holders. I've also found a product to polish the faces of the marquee holders which adds extra protection to them and also takes the static charge out of them which I've found to be problematic in the past.

I've also ordered some samples of various fluorescent acrylic for those who've expressed interest in those, I'll let you know what they're like when they come through.

I've added the marquee holder prices to the OP and also some rough shipping prices to give you an idea of what to expect.

As always they'll be supplied with all the mounting hardware required.

I'm going to open orders for approx two weeks whilst I get a few bits sorted before placing the materials order. I'm going to have a fair few bits to make so it will most likely take me a few weeks to get through it all.

If you want to place an order please look at the product prices as well as the shipping costs and then post in the thread again. I'll then start collecting money for the products themselves now but I'll collect the shipping money later once they're made and ready to ship, that way I can get you a accurate shipping price.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Sorry for the late update, I've been sorting a few things out.

No need, I know your standards Franco. Sucks the laser cutting won't work out...

Still in for an E2 and Naomi Universal.

To those with Q25s, the price reflects the design and material not rarity. It is a beefy marquee compared to the others out there as well as its edge work.

P.S. Would love a JAMMA/JVS loom for my Uni, I know it was a pita and wish I was around for it. One can wish though.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Would love the largest marquee you can make for my Showcase cabinet. Was thinking i would light it with EL panels :)

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
1 x Sega Astro City

Shipping to the USA.

[payment sent]

Last edited:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just to echo what others have said, FrancoB is a great guy to deal with and does amazing work :D
I'm rocking the blingstix on my E2 and it's fantastic.
tGNlZ0z.jpg

Now I've got a NAC coming my way and I'd love to have a marquee made up for it, please!

One clear NAC plexi for me please!
Still in for a NAC marquee.

Combined shipping, gentlemen? :vik:

FrancoB

n00b
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thanks all. I've sent some payment request PMs out to those who've posted since the update and I've PM'd those who expressed interest and linked them to the pricing/shipping info.

No need, I know your standards Franco. Sucks the laser cutting won't work out...

To those with Q25s, the price reflects the design and material not rarity. It is a beefy marquee compared to the others out there as well as its edge work.

P.S. Would love a JAMMA/JVS loom for my Uni, I know it was a pita and wish I was around for it. One can wish though.

I've sent you a PM bud. I would love to be able to help out on the JAMMA/JVS looms but they take an absolute age. The last batch I did took me nearly three months and I swore I wouldn't make them again. I do know someone who is working on a PCB based version with an onboard scaler though so that could be a decent option.

Would love the largest marquee you can make for my Showcase cabinet. Was thinking i would light it with EL panels :)

If you want to shoot me a PM with some more info then I may be able to make something for you.

Double density LED light strips are good for lighting them, I can link you to the ones I used for these if you like. These are just clear acrylic believe it or not :)

5ledtestcomplete1.jpg

5ledtestcomplete2.jpg

Just to echo what others have said, FrancoB is a great guy to deal with and does amazing work :D

Now I've got a NAC coming my way and I'd love to have a marquee made up for it, please!

I'm more than happy to combine shipping for anyone if you want me to.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
tGNlZ0z.jpg

Yeah man. I assumed that I would be combining shipping with replica x...but if you guys wanna get in too, I'm sure we can work something out.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
FrancoB: put me down for 5 astro city and 1 aero city (JpN style) please.
Updated numbers

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've sent you a PM bud. I would love to be able to help out on the JAMMA/JVS looms but they take an absolute age. The last batch I did took me nearly three months and I swore I wouldn't make them again. I do know someone who is working on a PCB based version with an onboard scaler though so that could be a decent option.

This sounds like an invzim project to me. Definitely interested and yeah I know how long it took for those, why I said one can dream. :p

Yeah man. I assumed that I would be combining shipping with replica x...but if you guys wanna get in too, I'm sure we can work something out.

I'm all for combined shipping man.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I definitely need to combine shipping with someone to justify the cost. The prices themselves are totally reasonable but shipping would kill it for me only ordering 2.

Anyone else trying to get 2 net city/NAOMI universal holders so we can split the shipping for 4?

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm all for combined shipping man.

Awesome! I figured since we're getting the cabs together then we could just have all the marquees sent to one person who could just bring 'em when we pick up the cabs.

I just sent payment for my NAC marquee :D
Thanks again, Franco!

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'm still down the NAC marquee holder. Definitely would like to jump on the Mass Crew Wagon as well.

Franco your inbox is full buddy

FrancoB

n00b
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
FrancoB: put me down for 5 astro city and 1 aero city (JpN style) please.
Updated numbers

Sent you a PM buddy, thanks.

I definitely need to combine shipping with someone to justify the cost. The prices themselves are totally reasonable but shipping would kill it for me only ordering 2.

Anyone else trying to get 2 net city/NAOMI universal holders so we can split the shipping for 4?

They don't have to necessarily all be Net City holders as the other holders would also fit in the same size package :)

I just sent payment for my NAC marquee :D
Thanks again, Franco!

Many thanks!

I'm still down the NAC marquee holder. Definitely would like to jump on the Mass Crew Wagon as well.

Franco your inbox is full buddy

Sorry about that guys, I checked the capacity yesterday and I could have sworn it said there was plenty of space. I've cleared out a load now so there shouldn't be an issue. Thanks!

I'll shortly start a list on the OP of who's paid for what. I've got a spreadsheet too of requests but if you've sent payment and don't see you name up there then please feel free to shout at me :D

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey Franco,

I'm definitely interested (astrocity and neocandy29)

I have attached a few pictures of my neocandy29 empty header slot.

Do you think your other marquee would be compatible with this?

Thanks again!!

---Larry.
a.jpgb.jpgc.jpgNeoCandy29.jpg

FrancoB

n00b
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hi Larry, apologies for the late reply, I had to dig a couple of holders out and take some measurements. Unfortunetely it doesn't look like any of them will fit the Neo Candy 29.

FrancoB

n00b
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Small update:

I've ordered a few plastics including the fluro samples. They should be in tomorrow if I can catch the courier, if so then I'll get some pics up and then take final orders over another week before ordering materials. In the mean time I can get on with a few holders. E2, Naomi and Q25 holders will probably be last as I need to make new templates for them and I need to wait for an opportunity to get them CNC cut. I could use the old templates but I'm sure you would prefer to wait a little longer for fresh ones :)

I somehow forgot that I've done Domy Jr and Irem Madonna holders too, I've added them to the list now as well.

Domy Jr:

Irem Madonna: