IC: Sega Aero City SF Bay Area

NOAH

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
SOLD

About the cab
It was placed in a bulk buy order from Ken last fall to fill the order out to 10 units. I originally planned to use it for yoko shooters and older 2P games like Final Fight, Golden Axe, Bubble Bobble. My arcade plans have changed though and I don't think an Aero City is part of them. I haven't actually done anything to the cabinet at all other than adjust the power supply and swap pcb's and change picture size/position now and then, so it could still use a thorough cleaning I suppose (though it's not that dirty). I did give it a quick wipe down with citrus cleaner to get loose stuff off. The brown inside the panel on the left appears to be the same stuff that wiped away pretty easily with cleaner, can't really get in there with a paper towel though. It's the standard blue color in pretty nice shape, though the outer CPO could use a change and the bottom coin door needs repainting.

Functionality 100% working.
The power supply values are all solid. The geometry's perfect as far as I can tell with solid convergence. Light burn is rarely noticeable (2 out of 15-20 boards have exposed it lightly). In addition to being light it is also undefined and is hidden very well by the smoked bezel, only noticeable on the very lightest of backgrounds. Progear exposes it the best of all my boards so I will use it to demo. Pictures can't show the burn at all, but it does appear light in person on the Cave title screen. Seimitsui sticks and buttons all work, but you'll probably put your own in.

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59825508@N04/sets/72157630471125002/

SOLD

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Haven't taken any pics yet, but it's looking like I may let this one go. Just checking to see if there are any interested parties nearby.

Teal?
tate or yoko?
Not trading the Windy2 for it, but my curiosity is piqued.

NOAH

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Teal?
tate or yoko?
Not trading the Windy2 for it, but my curiosity is piqued.

Way to rub in my relinquishing of Windy II dibs. It's blue in yoko orientation.

Oh yeah, I took pics of the monitor. Only natural light in the area of my apartment so I'll have to wait for better lighting in the daytime to take cab pics.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Way to rub in my relinquishing of Windy II dibs. It's blue in yoko orientation.

Oh yeah, I took pics of the monitor. Only natural light in the area of my apartment so I'll have to wait for better lighting in the daytime to take cab pics.

Wasn't trying to rub it in, sorry if it came off that way. Common knowledge from a couple of other threads, is that Teal Aero is a grail of mine (other being the Windy) and that I only had room for one cab...

I just didn't want to get any hopes up that I was trading it...there is a list 4 deep & counting of people that want it.

We got a slightly bigger apt than originally offered, so now I have room for a second cab.

All the best in your efforts to move this one; I apologize for offending you.

NOAH

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Wasn't trying to rub it in, sorry if it came off that way. Common knowledge from a couple of other threads, is that Teal Aero is a grail of mine (other being the Windy) and that I only had room for one cab...

All the best in your efforts to move this one; I apologize for offending you.

I was joking, guess I shoulda put an LOL at the end of my comment. No offense was taken.

NOAH

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Finally got some cab pics. Gave it a quick wipe down with citrus cleaner to get some loose stuff off.