If you had to become a citizen of another country which country would you choose?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
monaco. assuming you are including principalities.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Probably a Scandinavian country.

Better educational philosophy, cool penal systems, nice people.

yeah, Scandinavian.

What about you, Lagduf? Go back in time and live in America circa 1776?

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Dominican Republic. Family (through marriage) has land there, I could learn Spanish if I was immersed, and the climate is nice. Wouldn't mind doing that actually.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Probably a Scandinavian country.

Better educational philosophy, cool penal systems, nice people.

yeah, Scandinavian.

Same here. Probably Finland for me though (don't think it's actually part of Scandinavia).

As a self loathing southern european I guess I envision nordic countries to be full of quiet, thoughtful and hardworking people or something.
I should travel through there just to see how wrong I really am lol.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Germany.

I would have said one of the Scandinavian countries but Germany seems like it might be a little more interesting. Plus I don't like pickled herring.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Japan. Not out of any sort of weird Japanese fetish, it just seems the most different while being somewhat normal.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Same here. Probably Finland for me though (don't think it's actually part of Scandinavia).

As a self loathing southern european I guess I envision nordic countries to be full of quiet, thoughtful and hardworking people or something.
I should travel through there just to see how wrong I really am lol.

Dude, the best way to ruin a nice perception of somewhere is to actually go there.

Norway is in the Arctic circle, right? I could get into having my circadian rhythm messed with.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've really wanted to live in a Communist country, like China or North Korea, just to see what it's like.

Just for a few months.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
I have a friend who worked in China for a year. He said it was a dump.

Sorry, people from China.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Even though I detest cold weather I'd say Canada. I've lived in Europe for nearly 10 years of my life, I'm done living in that place. I need something a little closer to home literally and figuratively and Canada is the only country like that.

Shit I'd miss that warm weather :(

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'd like to live in my ancestral home, Scotland, or maybe somewhere exotic like Morocco... beautiful place, beautiful women.

SIXPACK

Armored Scrum Object
China for me. I've been in China,Macau for nearly 6 months now and loving it! I think its not an easy place to like for most people, but its a huge country and it would take years to make a proper judgement of this land but so far so good.I happen to stay in Macau where you dont feel much the communist party as it is a special region of China just like Hong Kong(love it). For the full CCP experience go to the north of China.

chrischun

n00b
I'd say Australia or Japan, so I wouldn't have to pay out of my ass just to go to school.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Texas with Norway a close 2nd.

Last edited:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Spain. I can immerse myself in the language and be closer to my brother and his family. Canada is a VERY close second.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The Romulus Empire. Everyone got their cloaking device active on their house - total privacy without the inconvenience of rural living.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Japan, just out of convenience. My wife is from there and my father-in-law has already given us a plot of land in Okinawa.