Indiana Jones 4: un-official thread

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

oh well, I really wished the title was "The fate of Atlantis", but that was just me and a couple others :p

call me childish but that's the movie I've been looking forward to for the past 10 years, even more than a new Rambo or Terminator

too bad:
-no Sean Connery
-Cate Blanchett as a main character (probably one of the most irritating human being ever)
-Indy has a son (bah)

minor spoiler from IESB:

The crystal skulls turn out to be alien skulls, underneath a Mayan or Aztec pyramid that takes off and thus reveals itself to be a mothership of sorts.

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The crystal skulls turn out to be alien skulls, underneath a Mayan or Aztec pyramid that takes off and thus reveals itself to be a mothership of sorts.

That has to be some sort of joke right?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
House II was a cool movie.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That title has everything.

A kingdom! Crystals! SKULLS!

It's genius.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
That title has everything.

A kingdom! Crystals! SKULLS!

It's genius.

Why don't you wait till it comes out before making a decision about it jackass.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
DangerousK said:
Why don't you wait till it comes out before making a decision about it jackass.

You gotta admit...something like this that has been conjectured about for, oh, almost 20 years is gonna draw a lot of opinions before its ever actually seen.

I honestly don't know what to say. George Lucas fucked up the SW prequels, but then again he isn't actually writing this, and Spielberg will actually serve as a counter-weight as well. Limited Lucas influence over this project (compared to his 100% influence over Episodes I-III) gives me slight hope. They are actually taking Ford's age into account as well.

In short, despite every reason to be skeptical, I'm trying to remain open minded.

Raiders > Temple Of Doom >>>>>>King Solomon's Mines >>>Dreamscape>>Last Crusade

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Last Crusade > Temple of Doom

Loopz said:

Wrong. So fucking wrong.

PopeCuervoLime

Avid Neo-Expert
15 Year Member
Let's hope they avoid digging up the Nazi's to fill in as the villains this time; to me that's a tired plot device.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
They announced it 2 days ago on the Mtv Music awards. the kid from transformers and im guessing the new Indian jones Announced it before he read out the Nommines.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
PopeCuervoLime said:
Let's hope they avoid digging up the Nazi's to fill in as the villains this time; to me that's a tired plot device.

no Nazis this time, but Russians (movie is set in 1957)

To be honest I'm not too worried about the plot

I mean hell, IJ has never been about "archeology", right?

I'm sure they came up with a good/enjoyable plot, after all they've been dealing with this for the past what, 15 years?
It's just too early to shit on it

I only hope the rest of the cast will fit well in it
I dunno why did they even think of using that Australian dumb bitch
...and that Shia LaBeouf kid? meh. He's gathering lots of attention lately. His role in the movie still doesn't make any sense to me

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The title sounds like it came straight from George Lucas.

The reason I have faith in this movie isn't Spielberg's influence, but Harrison Ford's. Harrison Ford actively tries to avoid being in bad movies, and he supposedly shot down Indiana Jones 4 a couple of times himself back when the script wasn't up to par.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
At least I'm not the only one that figured Atlantis was really the last crazy mythological object/place that Indiana Jones could tackle.

Oh well.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
At least I'm not the only one that figured Atlantis was really the last crazy mythological object/place that Indiana Jones could tackle.
Lost continent of Mu>Atlantis

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
The title sounds like it came straight from George Lucas.

The reason I have faith in this movie isn't Spielberg's influence, but Harrison Ford's. Harrison Ford actively tries to avoid being in bad movies, and he supposedly shot down Indiana Jones 4 a couple of times himself back when the script wasn't up to par.

Good. But it takes place in the late fifties? When was the first? 30s?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I have zero expectation for this movie.

Spielberg is losing it fast, and Harrison Ford, while once my hero (Han Solo), hasn't made a decent film for years. I doubt he can actually add much to this production.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
If that alien spoiler has any truth to it, here's how I predict the movie will go down...

Indy is now the dean of Barnett College. He returns home to find his son watching the TV, featuring a program about the Roswell crash. Indy, who is disturbed that his son is more interested by things like TV and science fiction than learning history, says "You don't believe that nonsense, do you?" Indy Jr., who is relatively in the dark about his dad's adventurous past, says "Dad, this is way more interesting than teaching at some stuffy college!" Brief father/son banter ensues.

The next day at the college, a package arrives from South America. Enclosed is a bizarre skull with a note that claims a discovery has been made at some temple. Indy considers himself too old to be running around the globe, but sees that the note is from Marion Ravenwood, so he figures he might pay her a visit.

Indy Jr. hears about the trip, and insists on going. Indy protests, claiming that it's college business and that he needs to stay home and study. But, after Indy Jr. says that they never get to do anything together, Indy thinks back to his own childhood when his father often ignored him in favor of work-related pursuits. So, Indy agrees to let his son tag along.

Along the way, Indy Jr. will see the skull, and mention that it bears some similarity to some alien related sci-fi stories he's heard, and Indy will just brush it off and tell him to not get too absorbed in such fantasy.

At the dig site, Marion will appear and briefly reminisce with Indy, and then mention that they've found some strange carvings in a newly excavated room. Indy Jr. will get bored and walk around the dig site. Indy says "Just don't touch anything!", to which Indy Jr. gives a sarcastic "Yeah, yeah". After awhile, Indy Jr. comes running back and yells "Dad, come look at this!" and brings him to one of the excavation rooms. There are some engravings that Indy Jr. recognizes from some book he's read, and as he leans in closer to examine them, he accidentally knocks something over that slams into wall, collapsing it. As the dust settles, a hidden door is revealed that leads to a few new chambers.

Somehow, as they search deeper into the site, Indy becomes impressed that his son is actually a lot more knowledgeable than he thought. As the plot advances and various dangers pop up, Indy Jr. is impressed that his dad is a lot more resourceful and strong than he imagined.

At the end, Indy Jr. will give his dad an awkward glance as he kisses Marion, and shortly afterward some younger girl will kiss Indy Jr., evoking the same response from Indy.

Last edited:

n00bz0r

Armored Scrum Object
Loopz said:

the only part you got right was the raiders part. the rest of it is just funny because it almost seems like your serious. temple of doom was a joke.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Good. But it takes place in the late fifties? When was the first? 30s?
Raiders was set in 1936, IIRC... This new premise smells like a story arc straight out of the manga "Spriggan."