Inside the intel I-Mac

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
What a mess. I'd still hate to work on one of those things.
Everythings so crammed into that monitor....
Seems like a waste to have torn it apart like that though.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Its insides don't look too different from the current iMac G5's. iMacs were never designed to be used-upgradable anyway (aside from ram and maybe a few extras). Interesting thing to note is the fact that the CPU is socketed...

Was reading some independantly conducted benchmarks from the MacBook Pros and the Intel iMacs. Looks very good to me so far. Makes me even more impatient for the Intel Mac Mini.

Benchmark Linky

WoW Benchmarks

Ayrton Senna

Quiz Detective
Hentai Sama said:
Its insides don't look too different from the current iMac G5's. iMacs were never designed to be used-upgradable anyway (aside from ram and maybe a few extras). Interesting thing to note is the fact that the CPU is socketed...

Was reading some independantly conducted benchmarks from the MacBook Pros and the Intel iMacs. Looks very good to me so far. Makes me even more impatient for the Intel Mac Mini.

Benchmark Linky

WoW Benchmarks

any prediction for when the intel mac mini will be released?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I am wondering if we will be able to install mac OS on existing PCs.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Ayrton Senna said:
any prediction for when the intel mac mini will be released?

My guess is sometime in the spring (March or April), probably to celebrate Apple's 30th anniversary. I'm pretty sure that Apple wants to get all their consumer-level Macs out the door ASAP.

Rumor has it that both the Intel iBook and Mini were ready to be announced at the Expo, but were eliminated from the keynote due to CPU supply issues with Intel. Rather ironic, if true...

HellioN said:
I am wondering if we will be able to install mac OS on existing PCs.

Running Windows on a Mac will come much sooner than the ability to run OSX on a PC. I think its going to be a long wait.

Last edited:

Ayrton Senna

Quiz Detective
Hentai Sama said:
My guess is sometime in the spring (march or april), probably to celebrate Apple's 30th anniversary. I'm pretty sure that Apple wants to get al their consumer-level Macs out the door ASAP.

Rumor has it that both the Intel iBook and Mini were ready to be announced at the Expo, but were eliminated from the keynote due to CPU supply issues with Intel. Rather ironic, if true...
i'm definitely going to wait for the new intel mac mini then, it will be so well worth it