Inverted Camera Controls: Do you?

Preferred camera controls?

• Total voters

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
After stumbling through Ghostbusters and now the Mini Ninjas demo, I'm frustrated that not all 3D games allow you to fully invert the (X & Y axis) camera controls.

Vertical inversion is usually included, but not horizontal.

How do you guys play?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
For a while (back before mouse control was the default setup) I played inverted-Y. Now, completely normal. Except when I'm flying something.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
I never invert the camera, feels very unnatural for me.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
If there's no option to invert the X axis I'm fucked. This will probably be the reason I won't get in to Fable II; I just can't get used to turning the right stick the way I want to point the character I'm playing, instead of turning the camera, as I see it. I can't for the life of me remember what I do with the Y axis; there wasn't much of that in Persona 4 I guess.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
after some time for adjustment i can play with any given controls.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I think there was a study that found that people who don't invert their camera controls have homosexual tendencies.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
N-G forum needs math help

EpicFail.jpg

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I always invert the Y axis. Just feels natural to me.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
If I'm not "flying a plane" I seriously won't even bother playing any modern video games. I have to push down to look up and up to look down. It doesn't feel natural to press up to look up, I dunno why but it doesn't.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
depends if its first person or third person.

Good point. Therefore....

1st Person yes, 3rd person no. Unless it's something like Max Payne where you have a cross hairs slightly in front of you, then I need to again be inverted.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If you don't invert the Y axis you're not a real gamer. I don't know why, but it feels right to me after my years of gaming.

Third person or first person should be the same. It's just when all I'm doing is controlling the camera once in a while in a platformer like Sonic or Prince of Persia that I don't really care how it's setup.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i normally can switch between them well.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I can't play shooters without inverting the Y axis. So used to that now that I can't go back.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Vertical Inverted is the only way to play. Horizontal I can change depending on the gametype. But for shooters, flight games, etc... inverted is the only way.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Always Veritical Inverted.

Though I can play both as I'm used to my friends passing around controllers and none of them use it.

I usually try to change it if i can though. Some games don't let you to change it when your in a match which just sucks ass.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Inverted is too weird for me. My friend was playing inverted and she lent me the controller and I was like "What the hell!?" it wasn't weird how down is up and up is down, but it was hard to move all around. If you wanna trick you're friends to losing, just mess with the inverted stuff.