iPhone 3G - Who's Taking the Plunge This Friday?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm heading out in an hour and a half.

QQ: If I have all my contacts in Outlook at work, can I sync them to the iPhone with iTunes in Winblows and then sync them from the iPhone onto my personal MacBook?

Steve jobs must have his throbbing penis shoved directly into your ear.

Have fun waiting in line to buy a phone that you'll be paying for for years to come.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Steve jobs must have his throbbing penis shoved directly into your ear.

and it's saying

BUY FROM THE APPLE STORE
BUY FROM THE APPLE STORE

mole-rat.jpg

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Ive been enjoying the App Store, lots of cool stuff on there. If the GPS rumor comes true, I might just have to pick up the new phone though

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Hi, this is my phone:
nokia-6131nfc-1.jpg

I can call people and write short messages with it. It also has a calculator!

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
I'm installing the 2.0 update right now on my first gen iPhone. I wanted to give it a spin before upgrading to the newer hardware.

I'd really like GPS and faster networking though.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
I stop posting as soon as anything that can get me in trouble is posted, and I frankly don't feel like getting fired over speculation. Whatever assumptions you're making about Apple's confidentiality policy, double it and add a three-inch layer of paperwork and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As much as the haters hate, the truth is that we will make money and sell phones no matter what. I, unlike 90% of this website, love what I do and who I work for. Only here is it a nerd-crime to start an iPhone or Mac thread, they all end up being hijacked by disgruntled linux nerds anyway.

And as for the plans, I really don't understand where all of this vitriol is coming from over the rates. They aren't the best out there, but the US rates are better than every single other major smartphone plan out there. My roommate has a Curve and she pays $10 more a month than I will with my 3G for essentially the exact same plan.

Anyway, I'm taking a break from the utter chaos that is the 3G launch, everything that could have gone wrong did...I think iTunes blew up...

I actually met an NG.com member briefly today, I think it was paik4life. Nice guy.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I stop posting as soon as anything that can get me in trouble is posted, and I frankly don't feel like getting fired over speculation. Whatever assumptions you're making about Apple's confidentiality policy, double it and add a three-inch layer of paperwork and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As much as the haters hate, the truth is that we will make money and sell phones no matter what. I, unlike 90% of this website, love what I do and who I work for. Only here is it a nerd-crime to start an iPhone or Mac thread, they all end up being hijacked by disgruntled linux nerds anyway.

And as for the plans, I really don't understand where all of this vitriol is coming from over the rates. They aren't the best out there, but the US rates are better than every single other major smartphone plan out there. My roommate has a Curve and she pays $10 more a month than I will with my 3G for essentially the exact same plan.

Anyway, I'm taking a break from the utter chaos that is the 3G launch, everything that could have gone wrong did...I think iTunes blew up...

I actually met an NG.com member briefly today, I think it was paik4life. Nice guy.

I hope its not to late to get you out of the Collective.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I, unlike 90% of this website, love what I do and who I work for.

I actually love my job; you know, minus the conservative Republican bullshit I'm forced to put up with on a daily basis.

Other than that though...hey.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i have a "smart phone," with no data plan.:buttrock:

maybe if youre afraid of being fired you could just no post here at all.

everybody wins.

aria

Former Moderator

BoriquaSNK, the selection of people in this thread doesn't match the real world popularity of the device. Besides, this is about hating that which you don't have because you're invested in something already --its old school IBM/Apple, Nintendo/Sega, Coke/Pepsi stuff.

I think people who don't find the iPhone interesting (separate from whatever cost issues) to be rather comically jaded.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
I think people who don't find the iPhone interesting (separate from whatever cost issues) to be rather comically jaded.

:spock:

the iphone does nothing new aside from repackage things that already existed. hell all this hype over a new version of something that already existed. the only difference adding a feature that other devices HAD already.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
As a person that works for a major cellular provider, I must say that the iPhone is a very innovative idea. However, I'm still a Pocket PC user and I couldn't see myself buying this phone on the launch date. To be honest, I don't know how this phone got past quality assurance within their own test labs. Most handsets need to pass a 5 foot drop test in order to get the ok from most cellular providers so I wonder if AT&T let this one slide.

It also doesn't help that I can't stand iTunes.

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone does look great. However, you can get very similar custom features on my VX6800. Coming from a network engineering point of view I'm hoping to see what LTE (Long Term Evolution) brings to the table with regards to new handsets being launched.

The whole idea about camping out for an iPhone with a Starbucks coffee in hand does sound funny. It also gives me douche-chills. The best was passing by the AT&T store this morning and seeing all the out of work college grads waste their time and money on this thing.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
went to rogers today at a rarely-used outlet, there was like.. 9 or 10 of us? in line, and, yep, activation servers were down, nobody left with an activated phone.

so what they've done at that location is basically just taken down people's info, put it with their phone, and now they're just waiting until the activation servers are up again.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
My company made me wait in line at the AT&T store this morning, next to where I was standing when I got there was a pile of at least 15-30 empty Starbucks cups on a lamp post.

Vomito1.gif

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
BoriquaSNK, the selection of people in this thread doesn't match the real world popularity of the device. Besides, this is about hating that which you don't have because you're invested in something already --its old school IBM/Apple, Nintendo/Sega, Coke/Pepsi stuff.

I don't take it personally, Fanboyism goes every which way.

Back into the fray.

marsteam

, Typey McTypes-a-Lot,
Last night I went out for drinks and there's a Rogers beside the club. We notice 4 or 5 guys camping out in front of the store. I scan my memory furiously trying to remember if a great game is being released, and study the campers closely. As soon as I realize they are geeks and/or douches, I remember the 3G iPhone is coming out...
Every one standing outside the club having a smoke or getting fresh air were murmuring "What's with the idiots".

The best part was getting a slice of pizza after the club closed at 2AM and HOBOS were mocking the zealots... It's bad that when THE HOMELESS are laughing at you!

Don't get me wrong, it's great to be enthusiastic about something you like, but really: Is this phone going to be so rare that you have to camp out? You couldn't get one at 10AM today, you had to sleep outside? Esp here in Canada, where you are locked in for a 3 YEAR contract and thrown-to-the-ground-with-no-lube data plan...

Full Apple Experience, indeed.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
wow, Eric. we haven't even met before. Have I ever gone to any of your "parties," period?

But yeah, keep trying to use the site as a marketing tool, marketing tool. I'll be here to keep shitting on your advertisements.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Posting from my iPhone now.

Hate on, haters! :mad: