Is "Do the Evoution" the greatest music video ever made?

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's

I can only think Thriller and Beat It coming really close.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wow, it's been 17 years. doesn't feel like it. now the video is just about as old as the girl in the video.

i always, until today, thought bruce timm worked on it. nope. turns out another batman tas guy did it. well i'll be damned. so thanks troy for bringing this shit up out of nowhere.

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
HO
LY
FUCK

That really is the best music video ever made, haven't seen that in years. :eek:

EDIT: Definitely going to throw "Yield" on my phone for work today, I don't think I've listened to that album since I was a kid. Thanks for posting this!!

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Wow forgot about this video. I remember seeing it on MTV a handful of times and then I even requested it once from a local radio station. The song didn't really have legs, but the video is truly great

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't believe I saw that before. dunno how i missed it.
The tool stop motion vids are still creepy.

And still one of my favorite music videos. Hard to find a good quality now.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
do the evolution, art direction by Todd McFarland(Creator of Spawn). As a HUGE spawn fan in my youth, I've seen this no less than 100 times.

http://www.spawn.com/entertainment/pearljamvideo/

he also Drew the Cover for Korn's "Follow the Leader" album,

follow_the_leader.png

Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists" album,

disturbed-heavy_00424730.jpg

and also directed the music video for "LAND OF CONFUSION" from the same album.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^^

Terrible artwork, for terrible bands.

*removed tasteless video*

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
do the evolution, art direction by Todd McFarland(Creator of Spawn). As a HUGE spawn fan in my youth, I've seen this no less than 100 times.

http://www.spawn.com/entertainment/pearljamvideo/

he also Drew the Cover for Korn's "Follow the Leader" album, Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists" album, and the music video for "LAND OF CONFUSION" from the same album.

Awesome Lem. Growing up in Atlanta I was close to a comic convention called dragon con that i frequented in the 80s up till about 93 would see him almost every year and would get him to sign my Amazing spider-Man comics and of course Spawn when it came out. He was such a nice guy and took the time to draw stuff on the comic backers for me as well.

Really enjoyed the pearl jam video and the Korn video he directed freak on a leash.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
oh yeah man, I'm Very familiar with DragonCon :)

^^

*removed tasteless video*

Regardless of taste, The Artwork and Video was Point on topic for this thread.

don't you have a noob's dreams to smother elsewhere?

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
beastie boys sabotage was cooler

Spoiler:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Wow forgot about this video. I remember seeing it on MTV a handful of times and then I even requested it once from a local radio station. The song didn't really have legs, but the video is truly great

Exactly, it's a great music video but that is probably my least favorite Pearl Jam song.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Damn, 17 years?! Jebus! Feel so old now. :(
I agree with most, the song is not PJ's best, but the video is awesome.
For the record, I was really wasted and thought about making this a topic. To my surprise the next day, I see that I actually went through with it. Lol!

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
In 1998, "Total Request" became "Total Request Live." I remember, or seem to remember, "Do the Evolution" lasting a total of two episodes and peaking at, I think, number six.

I think that was when I really came to understand democracy.

EDIT: Did some quick research and it turns out that my memory was optimistic.

TRL.png

TRL's eighth episode, so the show hadn't really been defined yet. I was fifteen (so shit *mattered,* man). This astonishing video debuted at number nine. I remember tuning in the next time just to see it again, certain that it would be number one, and it had vanished. You couldn't just pull this stuff up on the internet whenever you wanted. I don't think we even had a DVD player.

I should have just left this with the original pithy post but, wow, I'm really not kidding. This actually was a formative experience for me.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I love Pearl Jam, even though their last album was pretty terrible.

Do the Evolution has a great video and I think it is one of their best post-Vitalogy songs.
And yes, Vitalogy is their best album.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
In 1998, "Total Request" became "Total Request Live." I remember, or seem to remember, "Do the Evolution" lasting a total of two episodes and peaking at, I think, number six.

Perhaps you can tell us a 3rd time, for the ones that didn't get to read it the first two.

Seconded.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Great video and definitely belongs on any list of the best ever made.

I prefer U.N.K.L.E.'s "Rabbit in your Headlights" personally as well as Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" as well as a couple of Rammstein's vids ("Keine Lust").

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
it's fucking great. Blew my mind when I saw it the first time (when I was 13?).
I can't get behind the "message" anymore though...

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Perhaps you can tell us a 3rd time, for the ones that didn't get to read it the first two.

I'm not fifteen anymore. Dementia has set in. My session timed out so I copy/pasted what was in the field. I'll fix that now.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
As far as animated videos go, I think Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend is my favorite.

Great song too, better than DTE.

(I don't even want to know how old this song is now.)