Is SNKP finished after KOF XIII?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
is it really a debate that capcom has been putting out better fighting games? I personally don't think capcom would buy snk's IP's anyway but that's just me.

I guess capcom could stand to make a few bucks with doing proper ports with playable netcode.... I would actually be in favor of that, But if they actually wanted to use the characters I really don't think any new CVS games or even a capcom developed snk IP franchise would sell better than just making another street fighter game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
In their heyday, one of the big things that made Capcom and SNK fighting games so great is the competition between the two companies that pushed them to constantly improve. That's what the braindead morons who want Capcom to control everything don't get. As proof, what kind of fighting game was Capcom making during the period SNKP was languishing? Capcom Fighting Jam. It wasn't like Capcom was hurting financially or struggling just to survive the way SNKP was. But Capcom still put out a game that barely approached mediocrity, because fuck it. Giving the SNK IPs to Capcom isn't going to make better SNK games; it's going to make worse Capcom games.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
I think the only thing Capcom could do with KoF at this point is take a beautiful game and turn it into a pseudo 3D cashcow. As if I needed to qualify that statement, I only ask that you look at SFIV; it plays like a sped up Street Fighter EX, and the character modeling was done by out of work He-Man character designers.

On the topic of KoF XIII being bashed by ‘tournament’ players, I couldn’t give two shits. These are the same kinds of people who make a fun game into work, and preach about Capcom’s “balance”, all the while having been on their knees putting a gleam on the nuts of Sagat, Guile, and Balrog since the early 90s.