Is there anything worse than buying a game and beating it in a day or 2?

stormS

Crazed MVS Addict
Buying a game based on nostalgia. Playing it once and thinking "what f#cking drugs was I on when I used to play this?". And then promptly sticking it back on the same forum you bought it from all the while hoping that there is someone else out there crazier than you who will buy it :)

with gamers nowadays, 10 hours is too short.
bump it up to 20 hours and some will say it's unnecessarily long.
people don't know what they want.

It takes me more than a month to beat a 10 hours game, with little gaming time I have weekly.

If it´s a 30 hours game I just don´t even try.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I spend less time "beating" games and more time "mastering" and enjoying them. Problem solved. A lot of the games I play I can win at within hours much less days. That doesn't mean I have any competant skills.

I'd rather have a great game I can complete in a short time and replay it hundreds of times than a mediocre game I play once for weeks.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 hours is a great length, for a game. Honestly, I'm short on time, and I like variety. Is it so much to ask to feel like I've actually gotten something out of a game, with a few hours of play?

Enhance the length with great multiplayer, sure. I have invested hundreds of hours in online multiplayer with Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Burnout Paradise. I've tried a lot of online games, but these are the ones that really held my attention. Having the full 1000 on Rainbow Six Vegas, without glitching up to elite... Takes a LONG time.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
buying a new fighting game, going online and then getting manhandled so badly that you don't even wanna play it anymore

Groo_D_Wanderer

New Challenger
Lots of games on the NES can be beaten in less than an hour, and they weren't any less expensive than today's games.

How did we ever manage back then?

What you mean "we" white man? You weren't even alive when the NES came out in Japan!

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
pull your head out of your ass.
Hope you have a car large enough to accommodate all the one-of-a-kind hoodies you'd save in the event of a fire.

:oh_no:

Back OT: Yes, there's plenty of worse things in the universe. This is exactly why I've tried to be more discerning with game purchases.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
driz what game(s) are you referring to anyway

is it...the firefighters wii game

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Y'know it's one thing to beat the game but it's another to complete it. Think about that. Batman: Arkham Asylum may take a short amount to beat but how long would it take to get all of the secrets and achievements? When I buy a game, I make sure to make the most out of it. If it's a game with multiple endings, I make sure to get the best possible ending or the weirdest (ala Silent Hill 2 with the dog ending).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lots of games on the NES can be beaten in less than an hour, and they weren't any less expensive than today's games.

How did we ever manage back then?

A lot of those one hour games took weeks and months to be able to beat the first time.

I can beat Marble Madness in like 12 minutes....
But it took me 6 years to be able to beat it at all.

I probably spent a few weeks figuring out the final casle stage of SMB.

Zelda was even crazier... I had to map the last dungeon out on Graph Paper.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Big deal, Metal Slug games can be beaten in 30min to 1hr. It's all about replayability.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Even aside from arcade-style games, some of my favourites can be beaten really quickly. Portal is easily beaten in 3 hours or less, and it's as good as gaming gets. Rez HD is one of my all time favourites and it's an hour game, maybe an hour and fifteen minutes, tops. I've probably beaten it 50 times though (probably more, and a lot more at that).

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
driz what game(s) are you referring to anyway

is it...the firefighters wii game

No, it was the new professor layton (not so much this one because I enjoyed the story and theres still unlockables I can get), but more Emergency! Disaster Rescue Squad or something for DS. It was a really cool little game, but too easy and way too short. I'm trying to convince myself it was worth the $20 I just wish there was more to it.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I dunno. My friend and I tore through Gears of War 2 in a week doing online co-op about 2 hours a night. The story was great, but after we beat it, we never touched it again.

Took me a week to beat Fable 2 with an evil character, and then just a few days with a good character. Once again, I loved the game to death and had fun with the story, but after I beat it, I didn't touch it again until the new DLC came out.

I guess I don't mind a game being short if it's fun and has replayibility.