Jaleco Pony table - Restoration

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Great update, looking forward to some action shots of that monitor :D Glad to hear the fault was repaired ;)

Frenetic

New Challenger
I love seeing this restoration threads. Best of luck to you OP in your journey and please keep the pics/descriptions of the process coming. Thanks!

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Work done yesterday:

I started by removing the side protections (the ones that say "pony table") that hold the glass in place, and then removed the monitor bezel

VZ4LP8pl.jpg

Next, i started to remove all the cable holders to take all the cabling out

dZOg0wfl.jpg

NM6Pjxbl.jpg

Now was time to flip the top part over, also remove cable holders and the "shock absorbers" that help to close the top part of the table

uYR0EwCl.jpg

cTOevyQl.jpg

uWEGlxQl.jpg

Next step: Remove the soft material that is used under the flyer/instructions area, luckily it came off from the glue without damaging the material, i will be able to use the original ones again.

CxQcYOXl.jpg

Long story short, the major area that needs intervention is ready for the paint job. I still need to prepare the rest of the cabinet parts and cover an adittional hole that the OP did to introduce credits :annoyed:

Last edited:

MonkeyD

n00b
Lovely little machine. Subscribed to the thread. I didn't know they made these in green. I can't wait to see it restored. Good luck!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Someone liked Type O Negative green.

Nice work so far.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I dig the look of it as-is. Would've loved to see a good inside out cleaning first but either way, nice get!

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
can't wait to see this painted, either gray or green

Last edited:

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I think that actually was its original color Cranky-poo

Edit. They did make them in Red and Green... heres a shittastic pic: Flyer2.jpg(with no provenance)

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Green looks so good. I'd leave it as is, the grey looks rad as well but it somehow losses personality. I guess it depends where it's gonna be sitting, stools, hardware, etc.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Ya.. I bet the grey ones looked boss back in the day when you would see a row of 30 of them. I would like a white or red home use model. Fucking good luck that ever happening.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been wanting to get a cocktail cab for a while but every time the opportunity presents itself I back out in favor of spending the money on other cabs or whatever. I just, I dunno, I'm crazy for not taking up on it, same thing with Red Tents, I've had chances of getting one so minty and yet I dodged it even though I love them.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I think that actually was its original color Cranky-poo

Edit. They did make them in Red and Green... heres a shittastic pic: View attachment 23621(with no provenance)

cranky-poo was the color ? or is that a term of endearment ?

:lolz:

yeah I noticed the pic in the flyer afterwards.

I'd leave it green then. even more retro :D

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Since it was born green, i will definitely keep the original green. Everytime i restore something i'm all about keeping the original looks and parts as long as possible.

I'm trying to source the original "1 player start button", anyone have a clue? The buttons have no info on them besides a number.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude, I'm pretty sure Jameco has some that may come close to the originals. I remember going through their catalog and thinking hey this buttons could replace the Mrs. Pacman cocktail start buttons.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Dude, I'm pretty sure Jameco has some that may come close to the originals. I remember going through their catalog and thinking hey this buttons could replace the Mrs. Pacman cocktail start buttons.

This is the only one i found that has some similarities:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2160737_-1

The button looks the same but the housing is totally different.

This is the original button (ignore the one out of the CP):

PZDG6Rrl.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
that's really close, I'm surprised they don't have them with a round outter ring. I've seen them with a round ring but the plunger is not made of the same translucent red, more like a solid plastic red.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Necro Bump Time!!! lolz

Basically, i've finished the restoration in around 1 month time, but as always i'm too lazy to take pictures :awe:

Done:
-Burnt
-Sandblasted
-Powdercoated
-Chromed (the feet)

There are still some thing to do, like getting some key locks; a dust washer, and remove the joystick to clean because they are a bit rusty. But al least it's working 8-)

A few pics:

0zpCrugl.jpg

STN6ZaOl.jpg

JHk1GuKl.jpg

rDE4QWjl.jpg

JZHhrLzl.jpg

mEbV2Ldl.jpg

P75U2APl.jpg

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Fuck me, that turned out amazing. Nicely done dude.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
*hates Neo Geo's*
Posts a Pony with Sidekicks 2 :D

Nice job tho ;)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
it looks like a gundam zaku kind of. freakin amazing job!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
That turned out incredible, nice work!! I especially like the choice of color on it.