japangamesnow.com is finally expanding?....

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
I got this in my box this morning...

Finally, JGN is looking to expand beyond just the Neo Geo and we would
like your feedback! What new system should JGN begin offering next?

- Sega Saturn (Japanese)

- Super Famicom

-Mega Drive

-PC Engine

-Famicom

-Other (Please tell us what system)

Please reply to this e-mail with your choice of system. Please pick
only ONE.

I know its been in the newsletter for months, but is Ryan finally deciding to expand? WOW!.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'd like to see him get into selling import games for consoles like the Saturn or PC Engine.

It's a pain 90% of the time for me anytime I deal with a company in Japan. Slow and expensive shipping.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I would definately like to see him sell Saturn and PC Engine stuff. Having a reliable source here in the states would be great.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I agree. However, he has been talking about doing this for at least a year now. If he hasn't decided which systems he is going to carry it is still going to be a while.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
This is great news.:buttrock: This has me wondering if the Neo Store will also expand in a similar manner???

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Gameoz said:
I agree. However, he has been talking about doing this for at least a year now. If he hasn't decided which systems he is going to carry it is still going to be a while.

I agree. I already asked him for Saturn stuff. I like Saturns "Retroness". I hope he gets another system up and running within the next 2 months. If he does that would be great.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I know he has alot of Saturn stock just waiting to list. I think he has been waiting for the right time. I know for a fact he has some nice Satrun goodness lying around. So hopefully it won't take him long to list this stuff. I really hope he carries PC Engine stuff also. :)

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Kinda funny how nobody asks for PS stuff.. even though they won the war. I love the saturn. I pretty much have every game i want except for maybe a couple. Who knows, if his prices are good and he has the games i still need i will pick them up.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
wizkid007 said:
Kinda funny how nobody asks for PS stuff.. even though they won the war. I love the saturn. I pretty much have every game i want except for maybe a couple. Who knows, if his prices are good and he has the games i still need i will pick them up.

Its funny you mention PS...I think the games are too common. Its like getting a NES. They conquered the 80's. 90% of the games can be bought today if you wanted them. PSx is the same way. They overflooded the market with their wares and now they have high play value, but low demand. Saturn was a better market because its smaller and more in demand. Its funny how things play themselves out huh?

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Mystic_flame said:
Its funny you mention PS...I think the games are too common. Its like getting a NES. They conquered the 80's. 90% of the games can be bought today if you wanted them. PSx is the same way. They overflooded the market with their wares and now they have high play value, but low demand. Saturn was a better market because its smaller and more in demand. Its funny how things play themselves out huh?

Yeah i agree with this, but there has to be games that were released only in japan that are at least some what sought after for the playstation. Maybe there werent any, or they were few and far between. I really concentrated on the saturn stuff and didnt play anything playstation.. hell i didnt even own a playstation untill the mini came out. Maybe the saturn just had better games. I know they did better over in japan then they did here. And with so many great titles i can see why.. Ether way saturn is here to stay as one of the best systems ever released.

Last edited:

ST-V

wizkid007 said:
Yeah i agree with this, but there has to be games that were released only in japan that are at least some what sought after for the playstation. Maybe there werent any, or they were few and far between. I really concentrated on the saturn stuff and didnt play anything playstation.. hell i didnt even own a playstation untill the mini came out. Maybe the saturn just had better games. I know they did better over in japan then they did here. And with so many great titles i can see why.. Ether way saturn is here to stay as one of the best systems ever released.

There's some "tough to find" stuff for the PSX, but in reality, it's not that hard to find, you might have to be patient (or spend the $). For import gaming, Saturn always had the bigger draw.

neogeocollector

Zero's Secretary
PLECO said:
JAMMA PCB's :)

Word that! Ryan if you are reading you need to listen to this!! Jamma stuff is where its at! Naomi, Atomiswave, CPS2/3 and rare shooters! :buttrock: There is only one palce to get the stuff and thats ebay if you live in the US and dont want to import. I have spent thosands and plan on spending thosands more :drool: Make the right move :D

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
SEGA SATURN was always the better of the two systems (PSX/SATURN) anyhow. I hope he starts stocking Saturn games as well... though it be nice to find rare hard to find Uprights of classic arcade games too, providing the S&H didn't kill a dude. I do find it strange how so many ppl seem to be collecting Sega Saturn at about the same time though.

GK

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
If he does stock PCE games i'll be in heaven :D

Saturn i have enough games for that for now :loco:

Go for it Mark ;)

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
I'd agree that JAMMA is the only future-proof option. Prices for console formats are going down as it becomes easier to buy from Japan. A new arcadeshock with stock would be nice. No offence to Trieu ;)

neogeocollector

Zero's Secretary
SuperPang said:
I'd agree that JAMMA is the only future-proof option. Prices for console formats are going down as it becomes easier to buy from Japan. A new arcadeshock with stock would be nice. No offence to Trieu ;)

Agreed! The home market has a lot of people selling. The Jamma market has Arcadegod :oh_no: I see alot of things he has I want but I am scared to send him my cash.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
If everybody interested in arcade gaming blocked Japhei from buying and refused to buy from him he wouldn't be a problem and everyone would save a lot of money.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'd like to see him put those homecarts on a set of scales so we can divine if they're truly 'mint' or not.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Cool!

If they expand, we can look forward to more item descriptions kind of like this:

Games bought from by ANYONE ELSE will NOT have play quality close to as good as the games JGN offers.

:rolleyes:

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
I'm in if he carries Saturn or PCE, that seems to be the consensus so I think it will be hard for him to go with the other options... :D I'm tired of paying out the ass in shipping for imports of these games and not always being so sure about the seller to I'll more than likely be all over his crap when it gets it up. :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've wanted to buy from him, but I doubt he'd let me receive the item, decide if it is truly mint and if not up to my expectations send the item back without payment.

I don't think he would allow his double-standard to stand.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
omnedon said:
Cool!

If they expand, we can look forward to more item descriptions kind of like this:

:rolleyes:
:lol: That was a good one! But I do want to see some Saturn or PC Engine games. Lets just hope he doesn't super-inflate the prices like he does with the AES carts.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I fail to see how this thread is Neo Geo news.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Well, whatever consoles he is expandign too, I'm sure they will be overpriced too.