Just got scammed(?) on Ebay

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Just thought I'd share my story and maybe get some advice from others who have had similar experiences. I just received a game earlier tonight from a seller who goes by 195videogames on ebay. It was a Sega Satun game, die hard arcade to be exact. Now, the auction stated that the game was in excellent condition and complete, the book had a slight bend in it, and the disk was in perfect working condition and had just been tested and game doctored. He had a lot of positive feedbacks, so I didnt bother to check his whole feedback history, I know that was my first mistake. I got the game today, and the first thing I noticed that seemed odd was the fack that the auction states he is from Washington state, but the return label was not. I open the box and the game was packed well and re-shrink wrapped. I opened it up and found the book to be nearly in pieces, but that doesnt bother me too much. I opened the case and the disk is literally destroyed. It looks like someone dropped it on a concrete floor and stamped it into the ground twisting it. I thought I might as well give it a shot anyway because he said it was tested, and of course my Saturn can't read the disk. Now, I am only out $20 bucks, so it isn't going to kill me, but I went back and checked his feedback and sure enough, the same thing appears to have happened 3 times this month to other people. The shitty thing is, those 3 people gave him negative feedbacks and then he came back and gave them negatives also for being complainers. He did not give me feedback yet, but I know once I give him negative, I am quite sure I will have a bullshit neagive feeback to deal with. I emailed him already stating I expect a full refund, but what else can I do from here?????

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
wait until late in the 89th day to leave him feedback

Did you try to contact him?

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Xavier said:

Bingo. Sucks you got taken, and by a Saturn seller, no less. Usually those sellers are all top-notch.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Xavier said:

That rocks dude. A new technique - feedback sniping. :kekeke: :kekeke:

WINNAR!!!111!1! :tickled:

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Xavier said:

Yeah, I sent an email earlier today, but no reply. I am going to give him a passfor a few days, it is a holiday and maybe he went away, but he should be keeping track of his online stuf, he has auctions going currently.

And Steve, he isn't a just a saturn dealer, he has an online store that seems to specialize in sega stuff, and some older nintendo. He appears to sell mostly NEW! SEALED! rare stuff which makes me wonder, knowing my game was very used but still re-shrink wraped, even tho it was not advertised as sealed. I have dealt with quite a few saturn people on ebay, and yes they do all seem very legit and cool, both here in the us and from japan.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Xavier said:

Ditto...

What Payment method did you use?

What I do is...

Call the Person by getting their contact info/phone number..(Using the link below)
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow

If no refund is offered..or a quick shipped replacement.(with proof)
I'll Email-contact by Ebay every other person bidding on anything this person is selling and explain my situation.(showing proof-pics etc)
If I thwart them to not bid higher or maybe retract the bid that'll cost his ass money.
I'll even email the sellers he's bidding on stuff from and tell them about this person..
I hate getting ripped off,but I've never been......Usually it's non paying bidders I'm going after.

One woman who had sold a ton of NES stuff on Ebay tried to scam me once on a game I won...She had been removed from Ebay for not sending anyone anything..(bunch of new negatives)
I called her ass..I told her,her address and the address of the local Police station near her.
I got my package...Fast...

Shame is..The time spent getting the $20.00 back sometimes is a bitch..
If worst comes to worst try getting another maybe loose disc or another copy..cheap..

syringe

Banned
No offense but that sig is fucking huge, can you resize it to maybe 25% or crop out most of the screen so it's like a banner?

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
chris1 said:
Ditto...

What Payment method did you use?

What I do is...

Call the Person by getting their contact info/phone number..(Using the link below)
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow

If no refund is offered..or a quick shipped replacement.(with proof)
I'll Email-contact by Ebay every other person bidding on anything this person is selling and explain my situation.(showing proof-pics etc)
If I thwart them to not bid higher or maybe retract the bid that'll cost his ass money.
I'll even email the sellers he's bidding on stuff from and tell them about this person..
I hate getting ripped off,but I've never been......Usually it's non paying bidders I'm going after.

One woman who had sold a ton of NES stuff on Ebay tried to scam me once on a game I won...She had been removed from Ebay for not sending anyone anything..(bunch of new negatives)
I called her ass..I told her,her address and the address of the local Police station near her.
I got my package...Fast...

Shame is..The time spent getting the $20.00 back sometimes is a bitch..
If worst comes to worst try getting another maybe loose disc or another copy..cheap..

$20 isn't much for me to go all nuts over, it is just the thought of getting fucked and so obviously lied to. I will push as much as I can to get my refund, but the more research I do on this guy, it doesn't seem like it will get anywhere. i used paypal, but that doesn't do shit if the guy cleans out his account often. I will work on it tho, but I think buying the loose disk from a reputable seller is probly the best way to go.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Scanline said:
No offense but that sig is fucking huge, can you resize it to maybe 25% or crop out most of the screen so it's like a banner?

done, thanks for the advice

They have pretty good feedback, they may refund when you contact them. Give them a chance to make it right on their own, if not file a paypal claim. They may clean their account, but paypal will bust their chops and may freeze the account. Make sure you file a paypal claim prior to 30 days, paypal claims expire 30 days from payment. Feedback should be the last thing on your mind, it will not really harm them much with such a high rating. Negs do not count against any account standing, only fraud claims and complaits do. If they dont refund file everything you can.

FYI feedback sniping in hit or miss. Ebay policy really should read at least 90 days. Often times feedback can be left beyond 90 days, it well accounted for in ebays help rooms and from personal experiance.

Do this at your own risk, if one of the people you contact talks to the seller or emails ebay that you are doing this, it is grounds for suspention from ebay.

mr_riggs

Geese's Thug
same thing happened to me with a bootleg dvd.
i checked the sellers feedback and it was 100% the dvd seemes legit so i bought it.
it was a boot and a very bad one, the packaging fell to bits and didn't play well in any of my dvd players.
i e-mailed the seller (store_asia) and told them that this dvd is a boot and a bad one at that i i want my money back.
they replied saying its not a boot and they don't know what i am talking about.
i complained to ebay and issued a chargeback, got my money back within a day.

i left a neutral since i didn't wanna risk getting a negative, to my surprise they gave me a positive!.
anyways i emailed all the recent buyers to give them the 411 and how to check for signs of bootlegs.

i think best thing to do is try to discuss it with the seller, then issue a charge back.
if all else fails contact every single one of his buyers and spread the word

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
mr_riggs said:
same thing happened to me with a bootleg dvd.
i checked the sellers feedback and it was 100% the dvd seemes legit so i bought it.
it was a boot and a very bad one, the packaging fell to bits and didn't play well in any of my dvd players.
i e-mailed the seller (store_asia) and told them that this dvd is a boot and a bad one at that i i want my money back.
they replied saying its not a boot and they don't know what i am talking about.
i complained to ebay and issued a chargeback, got my money back within a day.

i left a neutral since i didn't wanna risk getting a negative, to my surprise they gave me a positive!.
anyways i emailed all the recent buyers to give them the 411 and how to check for signs of bootlegs.

i think best thing to do is try to discuss it with the seller, then issue a charge back.
if all else fails contact every single one of his buyers and spread the word

You seem to know a lot about scams, mr Riggs hmmmmm.....

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
I have tried to contact the seller for days and still no reply. I iniated a dispute with ebay yesterday and again nothing from him, even tho he continues to list new auctions. So, today I started a chargeback with Paypal, lets see what happens there. Anyone have good experiences with stuff like this?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Paypal wont do shit. They only give you a charge back if the other person hasnt taken out the credit from their paypal acount. Its best to use paypal with a credit card.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Paypal wont do shit. They only give you a charge back if the other person hasnt taken out the credit from their paypal acount. Its best to use paypal with a credit card.

But the seller seems to have a regular ebay store, and has to have money going in almost everyday, so hopefully they have something to draw from. And honestly, its not even the money I am worried about, it is the principle of it all, the money is literally pocket change and won't be missed.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I heard of someone who had a similar problem getting even by doing things like:
Sending the scammer a nice heavy book in the post (disguised, so you couldn't tell it was a book) with no return address and no stamps on it so they got charged the postage and processing fee's to recieve it!
Thats really annoying!
Using an isp annonymiser, signed them up on the net to loads of shit as well! (You've got their name address and email if you've dealt with them?)
Got them on every mailing list in the world!

Of course I wouldn't suggest you did this as it's sort of harrasment.