Katamari Damacy?

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
Anyone else picking this little game up?

The reviews are positive and the game looks simple and fun.

Plus, you can't beat 20 bucks. :buttrock:

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
it's out already?

i'll definitely pick it up. It looks like it's driven by pure gameplay and a crazy concept, and this is the type of weird japanese game that gets overlooked by the mainstream and becomes much sought-after down the road.

edit - wow, this would be the third ps2 game i buy in the last couple of weeks after going a year without a new one.

Last edited:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I've been looking into this game since it came out in Japan. Glad to see an obscure title like this released in the US. I'll grab the Japanese copy, now that it went down in price! ;)

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The game has one of the coolest covers I've ever seen.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I went to go pick it 2 days ago, Gamestop didn't have it. They told me it would be there yesterday, I went and they hadn't received it yet. So they said to come back today and they should have some...going back and it better be there! :blow_top:

Incase somebody doesn't know what Katamari Damacy is :oh_no:

a_med_1.jpg

a_med_2.jpg

a_med_3.jpg

a_med_4.jpg

a_med_5.jpg

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I just bought the only 2 copies that EB got in.

Gonna check it out on my lunch break at work( we have a PS2 and an Xbox at work).

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
lemonflav said:
I just bought the only 2 copies that EB got in.

Gonna check it out on my lunch break at work( we have a PS2 and an Xbox at work).

Give me one.

Or are you gonna keep it for the OMFG RARE factor

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
Give me one.

Or are you gonna keep it for the OMFG RARE factor
Yeah, it's very lame ass to buy two copies at a store when they are the only two. Not saying you can't, but now if somebody like me was trying to find the game in your area it'd be little harder for me to find especially if there are more out there who pick up all the copies at the store.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, it's very lame ass to buy two copies at a store when they are the only two. Not saying you can't, but now if somebody like me was trying to find the game in your area it'd be little harder for me to find especially if there are more out there who pick up all the copies at the store.

I agree, and i rarely if ever by more than one copy of a game. I was just doing someone a favor by getting them a copy since they don't have money till Friday.

I'm such a giver.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
I just ordered this game, looking forward to playing it. It got a fair but of press coverage over here (it was one of the choices for an Edge award) considering its such a random game. Its a bargain too. I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for the Jap version.

kiun

Zero's Tailor
just a heads up.
I got mine @ bestbuy today. They have tons of copies in store (about 10)

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
My friend picked this up today after work and I had the chance to check it out.

One word: addictive.

I just want to keep playing it and see that ball get bigger and bigger. It's a pretty tough little game too. But damn, it's fun. The story is a bit... odd. And the translation is poor, but that just adds to fun(ness) of the game. Might actually go pick this up tomorrow (Best Buy you say?) as it's not likely to be too common down the line. Plus, it's only $20.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I picked this up today from all the Hype I'd seen on the boards--Snagged EBGames-Dalton's last copy.

Most
Psychadelic
Game
Ever
!

I love it so far. So bizarre and fun.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I didn't even hear about this game till two weeks ago when I saw it on Pulse on G4. They were making fun of "Gamers" who baught shit like Britney's Dance Beat and pretty much all other crap and they then went onto say if you want an orignal game, that's fun and inovative play Katamari Damacy.

Right after seeing the small preview I was hooked and I went right online and preordered a copy. I showed the game to my friend and he was hooked and last night he baught a copy at EB. He told me he didn't sleep last night because he was up all night playing it and he loved it.

Who ever told the people at Namco to bring this game over to America deserves a pat on the back. You just see games like this anymore. Everybody should check out Katamari Damacy. For just twenty bucks you can beat it! :cool:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
what exactly do you do?

and its for ps2 right? (i gotta get one of them small ones, i dont have one yet, i wish they would come out sooner)

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
lemonflav said:
only for the right person..butterbuns.. :drool:

You guys are fucken creepy. I am reconsidering whether or not I should go to the nordicon. I don't want teh buttr4p3

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
ya'll can actually take a break from that game to post on this board? it keeps me up at night!

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
i don't usually like to advocate or advertise drug use, but if you like to get stoned and play videogames, get stoned and play this videogame.

I could just watch the opening movie over and over again and be entertained (spinning green leaves, mushrooms, and singing ducks LOL), but the gameplay is pretty damn fun too. Running over people with a trashball is very satisfying (take that Japanese schoolgirl!). My only complaint is that sometimes the camera is a little funky and i get discombobulated, but that's inherent problem in most 3d games. As much as i love two dimensions, a game like this really shows the immersive power of a 3d environment.

And the music!!! I would buy a soundtrack in a heartbeat. The intro song and the mellow one playing when you're on your home planet are my favorites right now. I don't really remember the level tracks (i'm only on Make a Star 6), but i enjoyed all of them so far.

I think this game has a deeper message as well, concerning the cluttered and overly-materialistic nature of twenty-first century life. Or it could just be a game about picking shit up; i've been known to read too much into things in the past. LOL.

Anyways, the gameplay is simple and fun, the visuals are stylized and trippy, your father's quotes are strange and funny and deep (or just poorly-translated), and the music is catchy and funky fresh. I got the last copy at the third place i went to, so if you see one on the shelf, grab it up and go play.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I've had the game for about a week now and its fucking awesome.
Its fun, its addictive and its totally insane. I am very suprised it made to the US thats for sure.