LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Fran:
<strong>

music in 2001 was utter shit

but the voices were TOPS

high improved quality and all</strong><hr></blockquote>

Igniz was the main thing for me in 2K1, he was a snob and a real bad ass. I hated the loudness level of some characters, and since im a Kyo user I was real dissapointed, but F no more strikers!!!!!!! Thats fab imo. I think strikers shitted the series

Kof 2001 rox

Hardened Shock Trooper
The artist is Nona, right? If it is, i think the art is better than kof 01
kof2002SceneJapan.html
this is my sig pic.... it looks like he's gonna raise her skirt

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Kof 2001 rox ]</p>

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
<strong>

but F no more strikers!!!!!!! Thats fab imo. I think strikers shitted the series</strong><hr></blockquote>

true

"intruders" were pretty useless in 99

too damn powerful in 2000

and eolith was finally getting it right in 2001

but it was too little,too late

kof is a 3 vs 3 game

thats what i want

as i always say:
if you want a circus,go to a circus

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Fran ]</p>

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
<strong>

music in 2001 was utter shit

but the voices were TOPS

high improved quality and all</strong><hr></blockquote>

you never noticed ioris double laugh when he wins?
;)
really i couldnt stand yuri.
she yelled everytime she did anything.
anything
EY! EY! EY!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
<strong>

true

"intruders" were pretty useless in 99

too damn powerful in 2000

and eolith was finally getting it right in 2001

but it was too little,too late

kof is a 3 vs 3 game

thats what i want

as i always say:
if you want a circus,go to a circus

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Fran ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thinking of MVSC when you say circus?
;)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Damn..This new style of pre-rendered backgrounds is really nice..The backgrounds actually look like they belong to the area in which the fighters are competing in...I never really got that feeling in past games..but just looking @ the pisc I do..This installment may be worth gettting for the appearance of a COMPLETE SETTING as opposed to it looking like two planes(seperate areas attached together)
I think if folks give these new developers time..they will take things to another level in the KOF saga..
-BB

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Originally posted by BIG BEAR:
<strong>Damn..This new style of pre-rendered backgrounds is really nice..The backgrounds actually look like they belong to the area in which the fighters are competing in...I never really got that feeling in past games..but just looking @ the pisc I do..This installment may be worth gettting for the appearance of a COMPLETE SETTING as opposed to it looking like two planes(seperate areas attached together)
I think if folks give these new developers time..they will take things to another level in the KOF saga..
-BB</strong><hr></blockquote>

You must be referring to the sheep holding the "02" logo in his mouth :)

peace,
ray

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics02/kof2002-set1-53-dh-02.jpg" target="_blank">yamazaki???</a>

Smaller nose and less chin...What the hell was the artist smoking?!? Hehehe...Although Blue Mary looks really nice this time around...
-BB

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Upon looking at the screen shots of KoF2002, I can say that this game is going to be more like KoF98 than any other KoF. That said, I didn't really see any backgrounds that JUMPED out at me. That was a letdown. But, I did see something that COULD make even the most uninspired background come to life, and that is the changing of the weather\conditions\sprites between rounds.

Out of all of them, I would have to say that the background that I like the most already would have to be the one where the fighters brawl on the mountain top. You can see the tops of buildings and if my eyes didn't decieve me, the powerlines has electric currents running through them that were visible...SWEET. I hope it starts to rain in that stage...that would be a major plus.

Over all, I'm satisfied with the character roster. But, the backgrounds could be better.

That is my take on KoF2k2.

Bryan

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
im surprised that not one person, at all is pissed off because bao isnt in it.

well i guess i'll be that first person.

but other than that, i think the game looks awesome, cant wait to play it, altho i'll probably never find it anywhere :(

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Wow, I can't believe I just saw someone write that they hated Bao being cut! I thought every KoF fan hated Bao with a passion...

You get some Kudos for that...even if just for doing something different.

I salute you.

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
That's a new one on me...someone actuially likes Bao...oh well...

Well, he has a cameo in the China stgae, so don't bang your head on a wall.

NeoZ24

Galford's Armourer
The backgrounds look much improved over 2001. I think the overall game will be better too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i mean come on. who else bounces around the fuckin screen? thats just some crazy shit.

bao is crazy.

and since everyone thinks he sucks, you can easily kick anyones ass with him, because they wont see it coming.

bao for life :cool:

You know, two things would drive me to the brink of insanity:

1) A Benimaru x Kula hentai doujinshi
2) The day I declare that the character portraits in a video game look better than the actual illustrations.

Guess which one happened?

Surely there's gotta be more backgrounds than those. And where are the screenshots of Rugal and Shingo? Other than that, it seems to have quite a bit of potential. I'll wait to see some more screenshots before I make a preliminary judgement.

K

K9999

The backgrounds, character art, and line up all look nice.

Game is looking good, now I just need to play it for a final judgement.

Samurai Hamster

Edo Express Delivery Guy
KOF 2002 looks TIGHT!!!!!! I love no more strikers and Big Bear is right , the backrounds look good .

I want 2002 more than any other KOF right now , mainly because no more strikers , YIPPE!!!

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Overall I'm pretty impressed with the artwork this year. The character drawings especially seem quite good with just a few exceptions (Yamazaki, Yashiro...).

The backgrounds seem nice as well. While I'll have to wait to see them in person to really judge, I do get the feeling that these were designed to be more like the backgrounds of '94-'96 than any of the more recent titles, which is a good thing IMO.

I'll still have to reserve final judgement until I start seeing some videos of the game in action (the animation could still be crap), but so far it seems pretty promising.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by HarryBogard:
<strong>the beta cart has been emulated........thanks to manson.....=)</strong><hr></blockquote>

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Let the war begin!

!!HAJIME!!

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Hi all!

a luker turned member here. i'll just start posting (don't wanna make a n00b thread ). Hi again!

so far kof2k2 looks perfectly to my liking, the only disappointment is Eiji... love the cast, love the backround and love the art.

Originally posted by HarryBogard:
<strong>the beta cart has been emulated........thanks to manson.....=)</strong><hr></blockquote>

can this be true? i mean how can it,weren't the beta carts only released in the arcades (in Japan), so how in the world could he get one in the first place?