KOF 98 is so damn good

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
You know what I love about this game, is everyone's got SOMETHING that seems an unfair advantage. But, not everyone can be unfairly badass. This guy has auto guard, that guy has too many projectiles, this guy's too strong, that guy's throws are too good.... not everyone can be too good. All the characters have awesome cards up their sleeves. Name me a character, and I can tell you whey they're so badass in this game.

Lucky is "weak", but he's got just too damn many ball throwing moves. From above, from differnt angles... Also, his standard moves have absurd range. Think auto guard is cheap? I've auto guarder Kyo's auto guard uppercut with Takuma's QCB P and won. It was almost as if the game went in slow motion to decide who's auto guard was going to outlast the other. Awesome game. Easily one of the best fighters ever made.

actually auto guard fights with in 99 are ace.
kyo v kyo, maxima. fun stuff.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Spike Spiegel said:
The question is, why don't you guys come here... where it's FREE? I've got enough fighters to satisfy about 6 or so people at one time. CvsSNK2, Super Turbo, MOTW, KOF98....

it's only 3 dollars and it's from like 7-8pm til about 3-4 in the morning

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
it's only 3 dollars and it's from like 7-8pm til about 3-4 in the morning

Mine's free and open 24 hours a day... and conveniently located. ;)

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
DAMMIT SYXX GO TO HIS FUCKIN HOUSE AND BRING YOUR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL while you're waiting your turn you could play some MOTW or ST until its your turn again....PHOR PHREE!!!

To stay on topic, 98 is the game i'll never forget. Honestly most of the other KOF's after 98 are just filler IMO. Yes i'm a fan of 2001 but if I have another competent KOF player with me i'll throw that game in the trash and pull out 98.

I remember back in the day here when people would make "whats your fav KOF" topics and somebody would have to be that asshole and say "hey lets jump on the bandwagon and say 98" Knowing damn well 98 is KOF perfection. You can't deny it 98 is the king.

98 is one of those essential games, essential meaning if something bad was happening and you had to grab some shit to go, KOF 98 is one of the games you'd throw in your bag.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
98 is one of those essential games, essential meaning if something bad was happening and you had to grab some shit to go, KOF 98 is one of the games you'd throw in your bag.

lol you crack me up man ;)

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
lol you crack me up man ;)
glad to make your day.

p.s. if the terrorists attacked my house I'd grab KOF 98 and ST and then run, really.