KoF XIII Port this Winter

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm running mine (360) via HDMI, w/ the 360 hardware settings to 1080p.

Not sure what a 'blur filter' is. I am sure what the other SNK(P) 360 revs look like w/ 'soften' on, & off.

This looks unfiltered to me; not softened. Not as chunky as XII- still dots tho. Refined, perhaps? Maybe because XII-like scaling/zoom during counters was removed? Dunno.

Looks swell to me on 360.

Haven't seen it in the Arcade, or on PS3 to compare.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I really love all this stuff, too. It reminds me a little of 2000 and how they tried to call out to everything that came before. But that's part of what has me wondering if this is maybe the final KOF. It's the deja vu of celebrating their history right before they bow out. Or maybe it was a 'just in case' thing. Like if this game did as poorly as XII, they wouldn't have been able to continue and this would have been it.

I think it was a just in case as well. As far as I can tell it seems like everyone both online and offline is pleased with this game. I'm sure that because it got a good review at a site like Shoryuken.com which is full of trend following idiot fanboys that it would definitely boost their sales so I would think that they wouldn't bow out.

A lot of people at SRK ar shouting out "EVO 2k12" for this game so SNK better be paying attention because if this game makes it to EVO as one of the main games then It's a wrap. SNK will be back in the limelight if they play their cards right.

They need to do what Spoon suggested and make somebody in the SNK community a liason between the company and the fanbase like Capcom did with Seth Killian.

And the 'cap car' sign on the garage cracked me up. Watching Mr. Big pacing a few layers deep in the BG, making some underworld deal...

I just wanted them to try. To make more of an effort than XII. And they did. My expectations have been surpassed.
I thought it said something like "CAR KOF". it looks like there is something covering the leg of the R.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Thanks for the matches Wasabi....glad I'm not getting totaled online.

I was gonna tell you I gotta get ready for work tomorrow, but it's quicker to just do it on here.

Lag actually didn't seem too bad...felt a little crunchy at times but for the most part you were punishing a lot of my fuckups on time.

Only thing that's missing is my skillz....got a lot of rust to shake off.

Last edited:

Fett

Camel Slug
I'm glad to see all you guys are really liking XIII. Just got mine from amazon today and I'm having a blast.

One thing that kinda urks me though is that everyone shits all over KOF12 and creams their jeans for this game. 13 is really just a finished version of 12 IMO. I was pretty disappointed about the lack of modes and stages in 12 too, but I still thought it was a great system and the characters look awesome. Even before the port of 12 came out I knew it was still being developed further to make 13. That's pretty much game industry standard 101. Oh well.
I'm thinking this will be the last good SNKP game ever, the team that made 12&13 was canned about a year ago, Atlus actually made the port from the arcade version, not SNKP. And they did a far better job than SNKP/Ignition did with 12.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm glad to see all you guys are really liking XIII. Just got mine from amazon today and I'm having a blast.

One thing that kinda urks me though is that everyone shits all over KOF12 and creams their jeans for this game. 13 is really just a finished version of 12 IMO. I was pretty disappointed about the lack of modes and stages in 12 too, but I still thought it was a great system and the characters look awesome. Even before the port of 12 came out I knew it was still being developed further to make 13. That's pretty much game industry standard 101. Oh well.
I'm thinking this will be the last good SNKP game ever, the team that made 12&13 was canned about a year ago, Atlus actually made the port from the arcade version, not SNKP. And they did a far better job than SNKP/Ignition did with 12.

People didn't like 12 because it was sold as a finished game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thanks for the matches Wasabi....glad I'm not getting totaled online.

I was gonna tell you I gotta get ready for work tomorrow, but it's quicker to just do it on here.

Lag actually didn't seem too bad...felt a little crunchy at times but for the most part you were punishing a lot of my fuckups on time.

Only thing that's missing is my skillz....got a lot of rust to shake off.

It's cool. I figured you were training. I'm glad we had green bars for the connection.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
One thing that kinda urks me though is that everyone shits all over KOF12 and creams their jeans for this game. 13 is really just a finished version of 12 IMO.
Well, that's why they shit on it. It's perfectly understandable, imo. In fact, I never bothered to play XII even once. I decided early on that I'd wait for the finished game. Just like I wouldn't want to watch a work print for a new movie I was really interested in. There wouldn't be any point to it except to sabotage my enjoyment of the finished movie when released.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer

Any info on why they got canned?

Also if Atlus did the actual port, then we know who to bitch to about stick support on PS3. I'll probably just end up returning the PS3 version.

I've been playing on 360 now and the game is pretty damn awesome. If this is going to be the last KoF game, or the last good one, then at least they made it a damn good one. Too bad though, they could do so much more. But whatever, I'm sick of SNKP at this point.

Also I'm pretty convinced that the sprites on 360 are less blurry than they are on PS3. The blurring only really bothers me when the camera zooms in for win poses on 360, whereas on PS3 it's always annoying me.

I'd definitely go with the 360 version if possible.

Edit: Oh yeah what's up with the stupid text in the background telling you what to do in arcade mode? I get it's for points or whatever, but I don't care and it's annoying. Any way to turn that off?

Last edited:

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Any info on why they got canned?

Also if Atlus did the actual port, then we know who to bitch to about stick support on PS3. I'll probably just end up returning the PS3 version.

I've been playing on 360 now and the game is pretty damn awesome. If this is going to be the last KoF game, or the last good one, then at least they made it a damn good one. Too bad though, they could do so much more. But whatever, I'm sick of SNKP at this point.

Also I'm pretty convinced that the sprites on 360 are less blurry than they are on PS3. The blurring only really bothers me when the camera zooms in for win poses on 360, whereas on PS3 it's always annoying me.

I'd definitely go with the 360 version if possible.

Edit: Oh yeah what's up with the stupid text in the background telling you what to do in arcade mode? I get it's for points or whatever, but I don't care and it's annoying. Any way to turn that off?

Thanks for the info. I would have got the 360 rev if not for system cooking my games.It just sucks the PS3 sprites have that soft filter. I just need to pick up a new 360 on black friday.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
lol @ amazon

my fucking gamefly rental got here already

Amazon delivered the goods as promised. Cheap asses that don't dish out the .99 for release date delivery really shouldn't bitch.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I have a question: I'm in the tutorial for power gauges, and I guess I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to do with canceling into Kyo's Neo Max from his regular super move. I press LK+HP to go into drive mode, then do the super, but the Neo max NEVER comes out. I've tried 8 different ways to time it and it's not happening. I even exited the tutorial and re-entered it to see if I somehow misunderstood the explanation, but it doesn't clear anything up. Any help?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Wow, I got it RIGHT after I posted that. What kind of fucked up timing is that?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I cant get the timing right for the max cancel in tutorial. Wtf!
:down::downb::back::downb::down::downf::forw:Lp to :down::downf::forw:x2 +lphp

Can't connect them

Do the LK+HP first, then try to do the DM and Max.

Also, I'm happy with the exploding clothes on the female team members.

I have a question: I'm in the tutorial for power gauges, and I guess I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to do with canceling into Kyo's Neo Max from his regular super move. I press LK+HP to go into drive mode, then do the super, but the Neo max NEVER comes out. I've tried 8 different ways to time it and it's not happening. I even exited the tutorial and re-entered it to see if I somehow misunderstood the explanation, but it doesn't clear anything up. Any help?

Doh

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Thanks for the info. I would have got the 360 rev if not for system cooking my games.It just sucks the PS3 sprites have that soft filter. I just need to pick up a new 360 on black friday.

No problem, but keep in mind the 360 version definitely has the filter too, it just doesn't seem as prevalent. At least not to me. Again it could be my monitor or maybe just the fact that the colors seem better. I don't really know.

Either way, I'd still get the 360 version if possible, but I wouldn't buy a whole system for it unless you plan on playing other stuff too.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Agent Sands: I tried your suggestion about unranked online mode right now and it worked MUCH better than before. :D There were a couple matches with some lag, but overall it was much better. Thanks!

Playing KoF with the PS3 default pad is getting to me cause hops are so hard to do at will. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better controller for PS3 which makes hops/hyperhops more natural/easier to do?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Agent Sands: I tried your suggestion about unranked online mode right now and it worked MUCH better than before. :D There were a couple matches with some lag, but overall it was much better. Thanks!

Playing KoF with the PS3 default pad is getting to me cause hops are so hard to do at will. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better controller for PS3 which makes hops/hyperhops more natural/easier to do?

I am using the MvC madcatz tournament stick, but I can't fully recommend it. It's the only stick I have tried. I hate using the pad with this game. Tried it for some missions and it was shit. Complete shit.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I am using the MvC madcatz tournament stick, but I can't fully recommend it. It's the only stick I have tried. I hate using the pad with this game. Tried it for some missions and it was shit. Complete shit.

Yeah, I had a feeling that playing with stick would be a lot better.. I guess I better invest in one.

According to someone earlier in this thread, TE stick and HRAP V3 stick worked well for this game on PS3. Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other, or are they pretty much equal and down to personal preference?

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster

Try the Sega Virtua stick high grade thats what Im useing right now and moves combos are like creamcorn. (smooth)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Amazon delivered the goods as promised. Cheap asses that don't dish out the .99 for release date delivery really shouldn't bitch.

WELL THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT GOOD SIR BECAUSE....I...I...did not know about the additional 99 cent for release day shipping.