KoF XIII Port this Winter

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Reading this thread is nice and refreshing. :)

I for one luv the music to death (I got the jpn CD fo the arcade release back in times, actually).

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
was gonna get this on ps3 to use my neo stick. ill hold out to see if they fix it.

could get the 360 one but i loaned out my sticks and don't have gold.

in the mean time there's always the rom.

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
I can't believe this bullshit, you mean I won't be able to use my PS2 HRAP with USB converter, or my usb saturn pad with this game. How could they fuck this up.

They better patch USB compatibility into this game. There's no way could I stomach using the ps3 controller for this game.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah, Im using a PS3 controller and it isn't pretty...A LOT of missions and modes are gonna go unfinished because of this.

Overall it's a good game. Billy Kane was cool, but plays kinda meh. Hwa Jai is fucking awesome to play, Joe is like a totally different character....almost feels limpwristed and ineffectual in comparison.

Takuma is great, love his sprites and that walking animation lol....almost wish they would make a beat'em up where I could play as him or something. Shudder to think how horrible XII must have been without guys like this, Hwa or Mai.

Move lists are refreshingly short, and it's great how deep this game can get without encyclopedic move lists like what I used to see in XI.

MAX cancels are doable depending on what side I'm on, still have no idea what a drive cancel is.
And timing is fucking crazy in this....the ground attack that follows a jumping attack in a combo almost never connects for me and leaves me mashing like a tard. Gonna have to figure this shit out sooner or later.

Story mode drags on, and the dialogue goes by faster than my eyes can read...but it endears me a bit knowing how hard these guys tried on this game.

Any fuckups in this game are forgiven and for only 50 bucks I can recommend it with a clean conscience.

A-

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, Im using a PS3 controller and it isn't pretty...A LOT of missions and modes are gonna go unfinished because of this.

Overall it's a good game. Billy Kane was cool, but plays kinda meh. Hwa Jai is fucking awesome to play, Joe is like a totally different character....almost feels limpwristed and ineffectual in comparison.

Takuma is great, love his sprites and that walking animation lol....almost wish they would make a beat'em up where I could play as him or something. Shudder to think how horrible XII must have been without guys like this, Hwa or Mai.

Move lists are refreshingly short, and it's great how deep this game can get without encyclopedic move lists like what I used to see in XI.

MAX cancels are doable depending on what side I'm on, still have no idea what a drive cancel is.
And timing is fucking crazy in this....the ground attack that follows a jumping attack in a combo almost never connects for me and leaves me mashing like a tard. Gonna have to figure this shit out sooner or later.

Story mode drags on, and the dialogue goes by faster than my eyes can read...but it endears me a bit knowing how hard these guys tried on this game.

Any fuckups in this game are forgiven and for only 50 bucks I can recommend it with a clean conscience.

A-

Hey man, want to play online right now?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hey man, want to play online right now?

PSN is GL1DEH00K. When I'm on, I'm on....gotta do some work around here atm.

Maybe tonite?
I kinda want to not suck at the game before going online though.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
I like the changes to Mature. Yuri is a blast to use.
My friend who lives just 20 miles away still has a shit connection and we are lagging. Very annoying.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
kof_xiii_mugen_hd_sp_by_enlightendshadow-d382qqo-e1321942640318.jpg

Lovely fake...

Adelheid is the only character really missing from this game gorgeous roster, given he's (officially) 'the other starring' in the Ash saga, which focus and main theme is (officially) "the struggle of overcoming one's evil heritage".

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
kof_xiii_mugen_hd_sp_by_enlightendshadow-d382qqo-e1321942640318.jpg

Lovely fake...

Adelheid is the only character really missing from this game gorgeous roster, given he's (officially) 'the other starring' int he Ash saga, which focus and main theme is (officially) "the struggle of overcoming one's evil heritage".

I am wondering why Adelheid has Heidern's cell phone number.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
For those of you who care, some of us have been doing charter change casts. We've done Japan, FF and AoF teams so far. Check them out.

Japan - http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/ulAoJYsrw2kL
Fatal Fury - http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/mU7BIpp7Oztz
Art of Fighting - http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/XwBs1ONqvrPV

Thank you for that Giby. I watched the AOF one multiple times because I'm trying to understand Takuma better and it sure helped.

I went to a release gathering last night at a friend's house and I fucking cleaned house with Takuma and Ryo. I even had one moment where I made everyone in the room stop talking and watch the screen! My friend was down to his last character which was King and I got him in the corner with Ryo and did a combo and cancelled out of his fwd A into his move where he yells "ICHIGI...ISATSU!!!" and punched the shit out of King and her shirt blew open and the screen went all colorful and shit.

I'm still a scrub in this game though because I drop combos if the pressure gets too high and often rely on just basic 2d fundamentals but I have my moments. If you guys made some more in depth strategy/breakdown videos I'd love you forever :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Maaaaaan, I need to move back to Gulfport. I can't believe there's a fucking fighting game scene down there.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Room got quiet because everyone was wondering who the non-hispanic guy was playing KoF.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Room got quiet because everyone was wondering who the non-hispanic guy was playing KoF.
Naah that stereotype doesn't exist here because large amounts of Hispanic people only got here after the Hurricane. Before that it was just Blacks, Asians and Whites.

Maaaaaan, I need to move back to Gulfport. I can't believe there's a fucking fighting game scene down there.

Yup we have a gang of top level Tekken players and 3 top level Street Fighter players(2 of them are exceptionally good). Everyone is slowly getting back on the KOF train so in a few months there'll definitely be some serious KOF play going on down here on the coast not to mention we always play our pals in New Orleans who are also some of the best in the country. As a matter of fact our pal Jacob from New Orleans completely destroyed Juicebox LOL. You need to bring yo ass back at least for a visit.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Reading this thread is nice and refreshing. :)

I for one luv the music to death (I got the jpn CD fo the arcade release back in times, actually).
There are a couple tracks on this that I dislike pretty strongly, but I think part of that is that a few themes in the past have nailed their characters so perfectly that every theme they've had since suffers in comparison. But otherwise, a worthy addition to the series.

Overall it's a good game. Billy Kane was cool, but plays kinda meh.
How is Billy here compared to 2002? I've really been hoping he's as close as possible...

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
There are a couple tracks on this that I dislike pretty strongly, but I think part of that is that a few themes in the past have nailed their characters so perfectly that every theme they've had since suffers in comparison. But otherwise, a worthy addition to the series.

I couldn't have said it better or agree with you more. Some tracks are definitely close to their older counterparts especially the Art of fighting team's music and the Yagami team's music. This game has such a throwback feel and I love it.

Speaking of the throwback feel, has everybody been looking at all of the background cameos? Some of them are well hidden like Cheng Sinzan on the elephant stage. I was watching this game like a hawk yesterday cuz I was so excited.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm loving the game offline. Online though is a different story with tons of laggy matches. I hope it was just bad luck while I played today or that SNKP will put out a patch that improves online.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm loving the game offline. Online though is a different story with tons of laggy matches. I hope it was just bad luck while I played today or that SNKP will put out a patch that improves online.

I only have that issue on the ranked matches. In non ranked you can get good fights with zero lag.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Checking the tracking, and my game hasn't moved out of Pennsylvania in 3 days. What the fuck are those yokels doing? Get it together, PA.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, non-ranked seemed to be better, at least somewhat. Problem is there's usually no one for me to play in non-ranked..

I know man, everyone is either at work or stuck in rushhour traffic...

But seriously, I can make a room in non-ranked and wait for a few seconds before someone matches me.

Otherwise, I have been playing with Saiki and holy shit his QCB+HK is DBZ awesomeness. Something amazing about being to go ground, air, ground, air on a combo. He's a very Cell character, and a combo vid of him against Piccolo Hwa Jai would be dope.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I know man, everyone is either at work or stuck in rushhour traffic...

But seriously, I can make a room in non-ranked and wait for a few seconds before someone matches me.

Ah, yeah I think I only tried making a room in ranked so far. I guess I'll try it in non-ranked too.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
How is Billy here compared to 2002? I've really been hoping he's as close as possible...

Pretty close IMO.
Save for 1 (maybe 2?) supers missing from his arsenal, the pokes, juggles, and normals are hitting in the same places at the same speeds.

One move missing, different costume, that's it AFAIK.

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though...I haven't played KOF 2002 in a long time and I was never a big billy user to begin with.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have been going through some missions, and

Seriously

These missions shit all over SSFIV in terms of ridiculousness. Do they know what kind of player I am? Leona has a combo that demands cracker jack charging on EX moves intermixed with her air DM and a super max cancel. Fuck learning that one.