KoF XIII Port this Winter

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Does the PS3 version work with PS2 to PS3 controller adapters that use either the analog or up + select as a home button?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I remember the patch solving some of the controllers compatibility issues, but I'm not sure if that includes the PS2 -> PS3 converters.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
An Atlus mod once mentioned in their forum that VG Charts numbers are far off from reality.

And I think half a million units for a KOF game is a great number.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
not really. Half a million isn't a whole lot. I wonder if that even covered production costs

For a niche title, it's respectable I recon. Grossing 22.5 million bucks in sales should net them a good amount...

...tbh, I'm not at all sure what it cost to develop.

A music analogy: the MadVillain LP, 'Mad Villainy' a certified underground classic, & niche success-only moved 25,000 units.

KOF XIII at least went Gold.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Not to mention the arcade version sold pretty well too.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've been waiting so long for this game to become available on demand. I sent an email asking about it, and got this back:

Hi Wes,

We can not provide you with any official word on the status of King of Fighters XIII for Games on Demand. While your interest in the game is appreciated, you will need to wait it out in this particular case. Have a nice day!

Rob Stone
QA Lead

It usually doesn't take that long for games to be released on demand, but the email implies that they're working on it, at least.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I've been waiting so long for this game to become available on demand. I sent an email asking about it, and got this back:

It usually doesn't take that long for games to be released on demand, but the email implies that they're working on it, at least.

Hey man, while you are here: got your Raptr request...but I shit canned 'em. They are being assholes about resetting my password. Not screening you, heh.

When I find/unpack my 360, we'll do it up!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Half a mil is probably already over the total of all neo KOF carts put together.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I'm surprised that the american version of the game sold 8x (eight times) more than the japanese version.
The american games are also exported to latin america, but I guess 80%-85% were sold to north americans.

I'd dare to say the japanese market is not profitable for KoF...
Americans care more about it than the japanese...

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Looks like I was right, KOF XIII is available on demand now (finally!)

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Is there a link (source) to this?
How much is it costing?
This needs to become known. Let's spread the news.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
No source, other than I just loaded up my 360, and looked at the new releases for on demand games and there it was (for $29.99). It's been a sort of ritual to check every week, so I was really surprised when I saw it today.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Here's a picture of it I just took from the website:

SGeQQ.jpg

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Do you need an active live account to play on-demand games? Let's say you have a bunch then later you cut off live, are they still playable?

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
Just stopping by to say I love this game, it's pretty much the best fighting game in years for me, and I'm glad SNK-Playmore are alive and well.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
After picking this game up at launch I just now got around to buying the Mr. Karate DLC. Wow.

I completely marked out when I started using him; all the little references and so on, and the fact that he is treated as complete fucking badass just made the SNK fanboy in me giddy. My only teeny tiny gripe was I wish they had used his AoF1 stage music instead of 2, but that's a very small gripe. Overall: Awesome.

I'm not a fan of DLC (and sure as hell not of on-disc DLC) but seeing how great this character is I'll probably buy the other two just for posterity.