KoF XIII Port this Winter

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
Do you know if proper usb support has been patched in ?

I wouldn't mind been able to use my usb saturn pad.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
To be honest after I saw the patch mentioned I just turn on the PS3 and the game and the version update was there, didnt really mention what the update did though.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
US patch is released on PS3. Not sure about the 360 version.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Just turned on 360 rev: as of 2:50 EST, no patch.

Perhaps tomorrow w/ the xbla release(s)?

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
This patch does nothing to improve the netcode. It's all about filtering players, which should have been included in the first place. Improve the god damn netcode which is nothing but a modified version of kof 12's one. Bleh...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
This patch does nothing to improve the netcode. It's all about filtering players, which should have been included in the first place. Improve the god damn netcode which is nothing but a modified version of kof 12's one. Bleh...

ppl seem to have much better matches with previously tested players. Some reported lag / frame skipping when certain players play with each others. Also, wired connection is reported to have a big improvement on the performance.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
That's cool! See if you can post some feedback. Most of the feedback I read so far was from non-US players.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Got to some matches, as my daughter napped early today.

My comments are specific to Ranked 360 matches.

I had a message pop up today when trying to enter a Ranked QuickMatch that I had not seen before: "you do not meet requirements for room".

Ok. Thx game, for filtering out bobo connections.

Luckily, there is more to the patch than this. Wireless Ranked Matches now feel as smooth as Wired; Wired matches feel like the person is under the same roof w/me.

Jumping into a 3 bar Quick Match played as if *I* was hosting (!) just, smooth as can be.

None of my combos whiffed, & I didn't feel any lag. Countering someone out of a DM (on purpose ;^p) is something I couldn't do consistently in Ranked Matches until today.

I need to get some games in w/ Wes (OK), neoalec (KR), and my CA friends to see if this patch is the business...so far, so good w/ matches against other Mid-Atlantic players.

Well done, SNKP!

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
My connection got worse. I play a friend who lives 20 miles away. Would my connection be better if I wired the PS3 instead of Wi-Fi?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
a million times yes, wire that shit, still I don't think the netcode is ggpo level or anything, I imagine the connection is still pretty sensitive. Before the patch me and a buddy's experience would fluctuate around bad and terrible... after the patch it was actually pretty good, but I imagine sometimes we will still just get a bad connection.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
New arcade version based on the Home port:

The King of Fighters XIII CLIMAX

p_mainvisual.jpg

"While we are still waiting on a proper translation, it appears SNK-Playmore is rolling out The King of Fighters XIII: Climax -- an arcade revison of that game that brings it up to date with everything that the console version contains, such as extra characters and balance changes. According to Famitsu, a few location tests are planned to take place in Japan come February 11th and 12th.

They also opened up an official page for the game on their site but details seem sparse at the moment. Keep an eye on this post and the front page of IPW for more updates as they come through!"

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/2/...es-the-king-of-fighters-xiii-climax-loca.html

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Nice. I was wondering if/when this was gonna happen. It's crazy how the console and arcade roles have reversed nowadays.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/climax/

Not expecting much unless they seriously add 4+ actual new characters than alternate versions of existing characters.

It would be better if Climax takes the UMVC3 route with its expanded roster, instead of the SSF4AE route, which only added 2 new characters (that are very similiar to each other, character design wise), and just 2 new versions (another Ryu and Akuma....seriously? That's it?)

The arcade version will obviously get the console character additions, but Climax could bring much more than that. I think if Climax gets a console port, that would be the time to add 6-8 more new characters to the selection on disk.
Capcom gets away with selling fighting game revisions, SNKP could benefit from good updated KOFXIII revisions until they're ready for a KOFXIV DM.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Come on now, by the poster it's OBVIOUSLY the console version. They might do balance tweaks, but seriously, don't expect anymore than that. I recently read an interview that said KOF XIII's appeal had dropped off in arcades because the console version was superior. The smartest, easiest and most logical move would be SNKP releasing the console version as an arcade update under the name CLIMAX, which is what they're doing. If they add more characters, I'll eat my dirty, sweaty socks.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I am very excited about Climax hitting the arcades but at the same time very sad cus I will not be able to play it, at least not within a 200 miles radius:crying:

On other news, I am expecting my Hori VX fightstick tomorrow so I can't wait to get some propper gaming time. I have spent no more than 30 mins with my copy on the 360, just couldn't deal with the crappy controls. But finally will give the game a good test drive:mr_t:
and then maybe just maybe try out online play and get my a$$ handed to me:vik:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
If they bring this game out in the arcade then that means Billy Kane in the game is no longer a console exclusive.....

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I got the Xbox version a few weeks ago. It's pretty fun. I wish there was a proper single fighter mode, but at least the survival mode is fun. I like how the movesets are good old KOF movesets, and they're none of that watered down stuff from XII.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Sorry to bump this without actual news, I just wanted to share this awesome pic you get from beating the last boss in Arcade mode with Mr. Karate:

Also, I may have mentioned this before, but beating Arcade mode with Billy, Raiden and Hwa unlocks this awesome art too:

Finally, I found 2 more cameos that I didn't notice before:

Dojo Stage: Akari peeking from a drawer behind the decoration swords in the middle
Isaka Stage: Shingo (or a cosplayer perhaps?) cheering from the building in the back of the right side of the stage. I think he's possibly a cosplayer because there seems to be a Kyo-look-alike cheering next to him, so they could be just fans, and they both look younger than the actual characters.

Edit: Ending arts were taken from this link:

http://www.game-art-hq.com/king-of-fighters-xiii-kof13-official-artworks-from-the-console-versions/

Last edited:

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Sorry to bump this without actual news, I just wanted to share this awesome pic you get from beating the last boss in Arcade mode with Mr. Karate:

Also, I may have mentioned this before, but beating Arcade mode with Billy, Raiden and Hwa unlocks this awesome art too:

Finally, I found 2 more cameos that I didn't notice before:

Dojo Stage: Akari peeking from a drawer behind the decoration swords in the middle
Isaka Stage: Shingo (or a cosplayer perhaps?) cheering from the building in the back of the right side of the stage. I think he's possibly a cosplayer because there seems to be a Kyo-look-alike cheering next to him, so they could be just fans, and they both look younger than the actual characters.

Edit: Ending arts were taken from this link:

http://www.game-art-hq.com/king-of-fighters-xiii-kof13-official-artworks-from-the-console-versions/

I know there are a lot of folks who think gathering the art for the gallery is tedious, but I actually really enjoyed getting them all.

In terms of character cameos, I’ve noticed a ton of them here and there. The first time I really busted out a grin was when I noticed Hanzo (from SamSho) standing beside one of the columns in the stadium roof stage.