LENN YANG aka HIDE of VERSUS CITY SINGAPORE ARCADE, Ang Mo Kio, Singapore is a THIEF

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah, it's only a little sum. We're all being ridiculous, most people take months to ship paid goods.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Should the thread title be changed VT? It's obvious what's going on with Hide and having the name in the title helps when checking on those Google searches.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Do all the pot stirrers here, w/ or w/out a horse in the race-do you plan on deleting all of the comments, once good is made?

Wataru, you're a good dude......but your friend Lenn is a huge cunt. You don't need to have a horse in the race to see that nor do you need one to have an opinion on the shit-stain's character. He's been given many opportunities to 'make good' and he's failed miserably every single time. Not only does he have a complete lack of respect for the people he owes stuff to but he also shows very little for you as well. You stuck your neck out for him and he's done nothing to back that up. The time to make good has come and gone. He simply doesn't care about anyone here. If he did, this thread wouldn't exist. You need to set that loyalty aside for a second and look at this from a much less biased perspective. IMO, he deserves every ounce of what he's getting....from all directions.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
There's a huge difference between someone ripping off this community for $20.00 and someone ripping off the community for an amount equal to a felony and jail time. That's where things get personal. If you are willing to steal a butt load of cash, and go to EVO, instead of keeping a good reputation, then you should assume people are going to hunt you down and expose you anyway possible. Because you are a thief, who has no respect for anyone, and as such you should not be respected, and be dealt justice.

If there are strict rules regarding not making things personal, then that gives thieves room to breed. You give them an inch, and they will take a mile. Online exposing is the only form of justice these types of communities have for overseas deals gone sour. I don't think you need to go running to someones FB page, or business page over a $20.00 loss. But a felony amount is bull shit and needs to be dealt with. This is the only reason this community is generally safe, and likely the only reason, "IF" anyone here gets they're stuff back, it will have happened.

A online thieves best tool is making you feel like shit, after robbing you They will say anything to make you feel like an asshole and forgive them. DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!! Sure it could happen, but if it does then they can send proof. A real tragedy would have some form of hard evidence. a picture of an injury, dr bill, obituary, etc...

And if it is a medical emergency, take it form me, you get treated regardless if you can pay or not. You will know when the time comes when the insurance company has cut you off, and you need to start selling your house and such. You arcade games would be gone long before then. So don't fall for that either. Because if you live in a country that has complete shit medical care you probably shouldnt be collecting neo geo and arcade supplies. Not to offend the few who may be in that situation. But generally you don't see many people in the neo scene from third world countries. I have yet to see one African residing, or Tokelau residing neo collector in my 15 years neo geo collecting.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Wataru, you're a good dude......but your friend Lenn is a huge cunt. You don't need to have a horse in the race to see that nor do you need one to have an opinion on the shit-stain's character. He's been given many opportunities to 'make good' and he's failed miserably every single time. Not only does he have a complete lack of respect for the people he owes stuff to but he also shows very little for you as well. You stuck your neck out for him and he's done nothing to back that up. The time to make good has come and gone. He simply doesn't care about anyone here. If he did, this thread wouldn't exist. You need to set that loyalty aside for a second and look at this from a much less biased perspective. IMO, he deserves every ounce of what he's getting....from all directions.

It says a lot about a person when the worst thing you can say about them is they're too good of a friend to someone when they're wrong.

He has done a lot to try and help the people who got screwed.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I believe it was over $1500, that is a good chunk of change.

Actually, if you look at his sale threads, the JAMMA CLEAROUT amounts to a little over $3k. Were those confirmed as shipped? Maybe its only $1500 on ng.com, but not sure where that figure came from.

Did he pull this same number on other forums?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
@legoslug - Lenn didn't sell on other forums he's on. He did ship some of the items in his last sale thread - including some of the pricier items and to people who paid as gift. Again, I don't think this ever was a planned scam. Things got away from Lenn and he's done a miserable job taking care of it since then. Best I can tell there are 6 people waiting on goods. We could all stop guessing if Lenn would tell us what's going on and stop deflecting. His rep is damaged, perhaps beyond repair here, but he can still do the right thing.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Lenn sold a LOT of stuff on the forums a few months ago--which is cool.

I. So far two guys have posted up in this thread that they got their items.

1. genetik: recepved two PCBs (no problems, positive feedback left) (post #119),

2. dragon_asia: receoved Slug and kof98 MVS carts (no problems, kind works in thread, no positive feedback left) (post #170),

II. But, five guys have posted up in this thread they have NOT got their items:

1. Don: $400 Gekirindan, Taito G-Net with Psyvariar, Super Puzzla Bobble, and Shikagami no Shiro, Strikers 3 PCB. (Post #1, # 346)

2. Puthextallin (Jon Ditella): Saturn XMVSSF Boxed with Ramcart. Saturn RBFFS. PS2 Capcom Classics Collection Vol 2 (Post #346),

3. HeavyMachineGun: $120 on Samurai Shodown 3 AES and Fatal Fury 2 AES (Post #55),

4. Shuri: $160~$175 on a MV1C with KOF 97, 98, and 99, (Posts #11, #53),

5. zaneiken: $74 for Last Blade MVS, Super Sidekicks 2 MVS, and Virtua Fighter 2 Saturn. (Post #54),

III. And one guy has posed up that he is still waiting for a refund:

1. GhostSeed: still waiting for a refund on the Neo Bomberman (Post #89, #204).

Now, to make things easy: Let's just say that since nobody else has posted up in this feedback thread that this is it, and that everyone else all has tracking numbers (or is taken care of, or wants to be left alone) and will leave positive feedback for Hide (like genetik) sometime in the future.

So, 5 Tracking Numbers. And one refund. Should be a a piece of cake, right.

Last edited:

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
email written to the .asia email yesterday, no reply yet.

Tacitus

Staff member
Protip:

Sign up for readnotify.com and send your emails through it. You'll know EXACTLY WHEN he gets your email, where he read it from and even how long he looked at them. ;)

(It's free for a month, no sub or CC needed.)

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Protip:

Sign up for readnotify.com and send your emails through it. You'll know EXACTLY WHEN he gets your email, where he read it from and even how long he looked at them. ;)

(It's free for a month, no sub or CC needed.)

Seems like that would only work if he had HTML emails / "Show remote content" enabled in his email client.

Tacitus

Staff member
Seems like that would only work if he had HTML emails / "Show remote content" enabled in his email client.

It tracks by more than one method (embedded GET is just one.)

Trust me on this.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
If the authorities won't lash his hide till its carved and bloody for being a thief, I hope for the next best thing where they hide the cane up his ass for being totally shit with money.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The thing that gets me with these deals gone bad is the "personal issues" part. I can imagine myself being in a personal issue situation, and in every scenario involves me selling honestly. I can kinda of understand if someone has emergency medical issues, funerals etc... but logically thinking it still does not makes sense to take peoples money and disappear for extended periods of time, feeding lies to your customers.

Being in the hobby all of us are in, (collecting video games), you go into this, or at least I do the same way I would a savings account. Hopefully I get to keep my money/games forever, but in all reality it is just money in the bank in case of emergencies. It just doesn't make sense even if someone died, to sell a bunch of stuff and not ship it. Being a collector our last resort is selling our game collection to pay for unexpected expenses. Disappearing, not shipping stuff, evading, and general shady practices are not doing anything but destroying your last lifeline to pay unexpected debts.

I would think if I had a "true" financial crisis I would be on the ball, and keep a good rep so I can move as much stuff as possible, and have the flexibility to do so in the future in case of more emergencies. If he was in a real emergency it would just make more sense to sell more stuff to lighten the blow. Not to disappear, claim internet's out, jump in and evade, etc..

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
As scammers go, he's been doing it pretty badly. A real scammer wouldn't pop in and out trying to stall people well beyond the paypal 45 day limit.

He's also terrible as a genuine seller.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So, any news today about the scammer and thief LENN YANG of VERSUS CITY SINGAPORE ARCADE, ANG MO KIO, SINGAPORE who is a member of the TEAM.DM TEAM DM TEAM DESPERATION MOVE which has participated to the EVOLUTION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 2012 and 2013 aka EVO 2012 and EVO 2013?

P.S. - this thread is the 6th result when you search for Lenn Yang on Google, let's make it #1.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
So, any news today about the scammer and thief LENN YANG of VERSUS CITY SINGAPORE ARCADE, ANG MO KIO, SINGAPORE who is a member of the TEAM.DM TEAM DM TEAM DESPERATION MOVE which has participated to the EVOLUTION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 2012 and 2013 aka EVO 2012 and EVO 2013?

P.S. - this thread is the 6th result when you search for Lenn Yang on Google, let's make it #1.

I think if we can get the scammer and thief LENN YANG of VERSUS CITY SINGAPORE ARCADE, ANG MO KIO, SINGAPORE who is a member of the TEAM.DM TEAM DM TEAM DESPERATION MOVE which has participated to the EVOLUTION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 2012 and 2013 aka EVO 2012 and EVO 2013 up to fifth in the google search that would be a good next step.

Imagine if we could get the scammer and thief LENN YANG of VERSUS CITY SINGAPORE ARCADE, ANG MO KIO, SINGAPORE who is a member of the TEAM.DM TEAM DM TEAM DESPERATION MOVE which has participated to the EVOLUTION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 2012 and 2013 aka EVO 2012 and EVO 2013 to fourth - living the dream.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

I think including the real name of him instead of his nicknmae in the thread's title would help.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Aren't all google / bing, etc searches tailored to your past history?

At any rate - if I google Lenn I don't find anything about this thread - there are quite a few other sites that pop up and all seem to be Hide / Lenn. He has quite a bit of cred in the Singapore gaming scene as witnessed by many published articles. I recall this one I read awhile ago: http://versuscitysgp.blogspot.sg/2014/04/arcade-sticks-comparisons-2007-2014.html

I just can't understand why he hasn't resolved this when it blew up.

Lenn - I know you can't post right now, but seriously, this won't resolve until the packages arrive or refunds are issued. Do what you need to do to get it done.