LIght Gun games

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
i feel like Vampire Night and Ninja Assault are like that

Cool will check them out next. Played Guncom 2 today and that was a shared screen, Time Crisis 2 & 3 are both split screen. In TC2 you can 'dual wield' though and do two players in 1p mode that way.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I forgot about Virtua Cop Rebirth. That also shares a screen

I finally got around to playing it yesterday. The funny thing about that game is I never realized it had both games on it. I always though it was just the DC port of VC2 for some reason

Also it actually looks better then Dreamcast version

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I forgot about Virtua Cop Rebirth. That also shares a screen

I finally got around to playing it yesterday. The funny thing about that game is I never realized it had both games on it. I always though it was just the DC port of VC2 for some reason

Also it actually looks better then Dreamcast version

Nice, I'll definitely give that one a go.

Just picked up a second PS2 for linked play on Time Crisis 2/3 and Vampire Night, it's a blast!

Kz1qJj7.jpg

Man what a mess of wires this whole setup requires tho...

ZBjYmoc.jpg

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Probably one of the coolest collectors edition released.

elemental-gearbolt-assassin-case.jpg

They have one of these at the National Video Game Museum, in Frisco TX. Its very friggin cool.

I forgot TC2 and 3 would do link play on ps2....totally time to pick up a 2nd one, and get that going. Thanks!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Nice, I'll definitely give that one a go.

Just picked up a second PS2 for linked play on Time Crisis 2/3 and Vampire Night, it's a blast!

Kz1qJj7.jpg

Man what a mess of wires this whole setup requires tho...

ZBjYmoc.jpg

yeah thats bad ass. i want to try that eventually. i have a fire cable and the right ps2 phats for it.

just need to coordinate the coop :)

speaking of Time Crisis 2 / Guncon 2, here is the quick and dirty mod ive been doing to most of my Lightguns lately

00U0U_fHUuTJeKVjh_1200x900.jpg

basically just a thin layer of hot glue.

sometimes you got to shave a little off the top. its not perfect but its very easy to adjust.

it works surprisingly well to decrease the engage distance on the switch. I took a couple of old and creaky triggers (1 a Japanese Stunner and 1 a Japanese Guncon 2 coincidentally) to snappy hair triggers in a couple of minutes.

Obviously the better / more permanent way to do this mod is to throw an arcade switch in there like a cherry switch but eh...im too lazy right now and this works well.

Im not sure if im gonna do this for my Guncon 1s or my Dreamblaster guns. Last time i used my Guncon 1s they were fine and my Dreamblasters I havent used in like 5 years so i have no clue on the quality. Plus im probably gonna sell those and get the official ones pretty soon anyways.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Cool mod! It would be really awesome if someone made a solid metal guncon2 shell that you could transplant the innards from a regular guncon2 into to provide it some more weight and make it feel more realistic. Swapping out the switch/trigger would also probably go a long way.

neomeo

New Challenger
How does Time Crisis on the PS2 compare to the arcade. Are there any differences in loading times, and graphics?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
My first time going to Round 1 & man they have quite a bit of shooting games. Im going to go back for my son's birthday in a couple of weeks.

Cant wait to pick this up one day!

sw4NCWg.jpg

Zj9QaQp.jpg

DrNOVQt.jpg

rKQKzLG.jpg

lEXRq1Z.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Oh man that's sweet. How is Time Crisis 5?

Edit:
How does Time Crisis on the PS2 compare to the arcade. Are there any differences in loading times, and graphics?
Not sure about TC2 because it runs on different hardware, but Time Crisis 3 runs on the Namco 246 platform (PS2 based) so the arcade version is very close to the PS2 version.

Last edited:

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I've never even heard of a bunch of those games. I'm guessing those are from the mid-2000's when arcades were barely around anymore (at least in the US)?

I wonder if any of them work on MAME, with an Aimtrak (still trying to get up and running a basic MAME light gun setup for like House of the Dead and Time Crisis 1...but each lightgun is like $180 with power supply and recoil kit - so that's been on the back burner).

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man thanks for posting those pics.

I've never even heard of a bunch of those games. I'm guessing those are from the mid-2000's when arcades were barely around anymore (at least in the US)?

I wonder if any of them work on MAME, with an Aimtrak (still trying to get up and running a basic MAME light gun setup for like House of the Dead and Time Crisis 1...but each lightgun is like $180 with power supply and recoil kit - so that's been on the back burner).

I dont recognize a couple of them and I havent actually SEEN any of them in person but I do know just about every game he posted pics of are from like the last 5 years.

For example Time Crisis 5 came out I think last year

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
oh man, im a huge light gun fan! this is a great thread to see!

I recently picked up the Silent Scope Pelican rifle for xbox with the silent scope collection. It works horribly right now, but i think ill need to play around a bit more and tweak it a bit. Seen some guys on YT have success with it, so theres hope!

Its a cool piece anyways and welcome to my collection.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I dont recognize a couple of them and I havent actually SEEN any of them in person but I do know just about every game he posted pics of are from like the last 5 years.

For example Time Crisis 5 came out I think last year

I haven't even seen a real live arcade (i.e. like not a BarCade type place like we have by me) in maybe 10+ years...that's craziness they're still making games. Japan I assume?

I recently picked up the Silent Scope Pelican rifle for xbox with the silent scope collection. It works horribly right now, but i think ill need to play around a bit more and tweak it a bit. Seen some guys on YT have success with it, so theres hope!

Please let me know if you can get it to work without having the brightness turned up super high (which makes it look so bad and washed out it's just not worth playing it). I've tried numerous TV's (and BVM/PVM's), different lightguns, different Xbox's even...can't get mine to work either.

Last edited:

Bagheera369

New Challenger
HDR!!!! Thanks for the Gunbullet X pic! I have two Round1's in my town...time to go find a cabinet and get some games in. I love that game.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Still trying to nab a Russian Roulette.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Most of these are brand new games that came out within the past 2 years or so. i doubt any of these are in Mame right now.

I went back to Round 1 last Sunday...i bought one of those 1hr game passes so i can play as much as i want on certain games. I played Silent Hill w/ 2 guns, Time Crisis 5, and Silent Scope Bone Eater...Bone Eater was really fun. I didn't get chance to play Point Blank as we had to do the bowling thing & someone always seem to be on it.