Megaman 9 announced.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
old_man.jpg

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Wow! I'm pretty excited about the whole direction Capcom is taking with this project. Exciting news, I'm definitely eager to see how this shapes up.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I read about this last week. It's very exciting to see Capcom embrace the old school look for a new game.

Hopefully this does well and we see a release of an old school Castlevania. I'm looking at you Konami:mad:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Check out the Next-Gen forum. There's an e3 video in there which proves the game is going to rock face.

SSS

neo retired
this is either a sincere effort, or the quickest way to make a game with littlest overhead. dust off some ancient code and call it fresh.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We've had a thread on this for like what, weeks? This belongs in next-gen anyway.

/forum police

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
this is either a sincere effort, or the quickest way to make a game with littlest overhead. dust off some ancient code and call it fresh.

If that's the case, maybe someone can dump the game and have it run on an NES emulator or something.

It would be extremely amazing if they actually developed the game on actual NES hardware.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
At least they're going old-school the right way....

I can't help but think it's probably a bunch of interns at Capcom on a recoding project, but it's still pretty fucking cool.

Does anyone find irony in it being Mega Man 9 when there's like 39 fucking Megaman related games or some shit?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I can't help but think it's probably a bunch of interns at Capcom on a recoding project, but it's still pretty fucking cool.

The developer is actually Inti Creates, the fine folks behind the Mega Man Zero series. And Keiji Inafune (INAFKING), the father of Mega Man, is going to work closer in this than most other recent MM games.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
They can keep megaman 2d but not street fighter......

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
looks amazing...

100% certifiably retro...

None of this Pseudo Retro Cliche BS.

In 1990, I thought all games were gonna be like this.

Now we need a Ducktales III.

Last edited:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
At last, a reason for me to download a Wiiware title.

And I'm a pretty big fan of Inti Creates. The Zero series has been solid, although nothing revolutionary.

For me, this news is on par with finding out there were new Dreamcast games coming out years after the system's demise.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Well, as "lazy" as it seems for Capcom to make such a game, at least it shows they care about their "old school" audience. From what I've seen of the game, it oozes classic. I almost lost my sex when I saw the trailer for it, as I've always been a huge fan of the old games.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Some of the most exciting news of the year.
I still can't believe i' m seeing the screens in front of me.