Members' collection.

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Shawn,

Just wondering when the members' collection page will start.

NSX-T

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
only moi and other two cunts sent those pics in,so until more people get off their lazy arses and do the same,it wont happen

innit,shawn?

------------------
29246632.jpg

I'll send some pics in. I wasn't aware that Shawn was planning on devoting a section of his page to that.

J

j.pusczek

I didnt know about a collectors page, ill send in pics, although my collection isnt that big.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Please send your collection pics to shawn@neo-geo.com and be sure to include your user name on the forums with the email.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Your collection pics can consist of MVS, AES, CD, keychain, figurine, poster, or anything else that is neo related.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Just one more question then. I imagine that, should the idea really take off, you may ask people not to send in a new photograph every time they add one new CD, game, pack of trading cards or whatever to their collection. So, would you have say monthly updates on the first of the month, at which point replacement pictures could be sent in?

Shawn

snkusa.com
That’s not really a big issue at this point in time. Considering the only submissions have been from Chris and Dion, no one is sending in their collection pics. When people do want to update their collection pics that are hosted here, they can do so anytime they like. It’s no trouble, I just replace the outdated pic with the new one.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
you keep forgetting mine,shawn

------------------
29246632.jpg

Shawn

snkusa.com
Fran, you sent me your collection pics sometime last year. This is well before the public collection page idea. I have reformatted my computer at least twice since then, so all ICQ messages and received files have been deleted. If you would like, please email or icq your most recent collection pics and I will create a page for you.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i should have the all new all improved pic pretty soon...so aye,i will mail it or simply send it when i see you online...

but if i'm the only one....

i am goin to feel pretty lonely,
and thats not good

how come people are not gettin it?

Come on !
get off your lazy arses,
and send those pics in

------------------
29246632.jpg

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I will; just wondered how long I should wait before taking them, thus my last inquiry.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
One final suggestion. Just upload the page(s) and let people get interested in the idea, let them get envious and jealous of what someone else has got: give them a reason to want to show off what they have that someone else may not. People need some kind of inspiration for particular ideas to take off, and I believe this is one such idea.

I'll try to upload my contributions a week from tomorrow, so no one can say I'm doing nothing myself.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Ill send mine shawn i only have about 62 total games though which come in all formats except pocket
smile.gif

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
People need some kind of inspiration for particular ideas to take off, and I believe this is one such idea.

IMO, all you are doing is just showing what you can afford...blah blah blah...what kind of inspiration is that?

Thank god not eveyone on this list is a materialist!

Personally, I would be inspired by seeing other members game/room setups with other systems. I think in this instance we can see how original and creative people are with their game playing experience rather than purely what they own.

just my .02

Carlson

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">IMO, all you are doing is just showing what you can afford...blah blah blah...what kind of inspiration is that?

How perfectly wrong you are, though granted you said it was but an opinion. I can afford 10x the number of games I have, and still be happy with as much leftover cash as I would have, but I choose not to. I could afford Kizuna Encounter but I don't feel like paying for it, so it's not part of my collection. I have almost no scarce games, but the point you seem to have missed is that this is about EVERYTHING in the collection, not just the cartridges. Look up a bit at Shawn's post. I took photographs of my cartridges, soundtracks, system, sticks & cards, MVS artwork bundles, laserdiscs & videos... only thing I didn't photograph was my collection of artbooks & magazines, which I'll do at some point in the future.

So, at least where I'm coming from, it's got nothing to do with how many rare games make up the collection, but rather all sorts of stuff in general.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
My collection is too embarassing to show. It consists of only TWO games. don't ever say you have ONLY 62 games, because if i put all my games together from Neo, PS, PS2, and PC, i STILL wouldn't have 62. I don't know why, but i just DON'T BUY sucky games.

My games are:
Fatal Fury Special [j]
King of Fighters 2000 [j]

------------------
-=NeoGML=-

Lawrence Blood

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well everyone, since you are all talking about Neo-Geo collections, I might as well talk about mine. The only thing Ill say about it is that its the most discraceful collection, despite my noble position.

-Lawrence Blood

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
I have a good idea Shawn why not put the member's collection in the member's Profile ?
And they could update them themselves good idea huh ?

------------------
garou_freemanstand.gif

"Back in Black....."

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
As soon as I can Upload the pics of my stuff I will it is just that my home Pc died a couple of days ago and Im am stuck only being able to go online at work but I havent forgotten!!!!

------------------
--Shaper MC
goods-adult5.jpg

--WHAT NEO GEO'S ALL ABOUT--
--BUY MVS ONLY--

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
How perfectly wrong you are, though granted you said it was but an opinion. I can afford 10x the number of games I have, and still be happy with as much leftover cash as I would have, but I choose not to. I could afford Kizuna Encounter but I don't feel like paying for it, so it's not part of my collection. I have almost no scarce games, but the point you seem to have missed is that this is about EVERYTHING in the collection, not just the cartridges. Look up a bit at Shawn's post. I took photographs of my cartridges, soundtracks, system, sticks & cards, MVS artwork bundles, laserdiscs & videos... only thing I didn't photograph was my collection of artbooks & magazines, which I'll do at some point in the future.

So, at least where I'm coming from, it's got nothing to do with how many rare games make up the collection, but rather all sorts of stuff in general.

My point was not about rare games but about the nature of acquiring a collection. All it takes is money purhase these items (maybe an odd trip or two to a japanese bookstore or two). These are my own values here, but I am not insprired by showing off what my money purchases - especially over the internet! Moreover, I am not inspired by seeing what anyone else has purchased - neo geo related or not.

One final suggestion. Just upload the page(s) and let people get interested in the idea, let them get envious and jealous of what someone else has got: give them a reason to want to show off what they have that someone else may not. People need some kind of inspiration for particular ideas to take off, and I believe this is one such idea.

Again these are just my values, but 99.9% of the reason that I own the things I do is for my own pleasure. I question the motive of showing off material items to let others get jealous or envious of what I have regardless of whether ones collection consists of ultra rare snk paraphenalia or not. Still, if that gives you inspiration, then I give you my best wishes...

Carlson

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Again these are just my values, but 99.9% of the reason that I own the things I do is for my own pleasure. I question the motive of showing off material items to let others get jealous or envious of what I have regardless of whether ones collection consists of ultra rare snk paraphenalia or not. Still, if that gives you inspiration, then I give you my best wishes...
------------------------------------

LOL, each to his own my friend, each to his own. I love seeing collection pics on the net. Seeing all those pics shawn & other collectors had was really cool IMO. Not because of some lame jealous/envy/money crap.

I enjoy seeing the pics of Carts that I do not own. Just like I love seeing screenshots.
Hell, I even love seeing the pics the ebay sellers use.

The difference here, is that if I own it then I go look & play my copy. Cause thats what I enjoy most. When I started getting a few of the so called rare titles I put up pics of my games. Not so someone would be jealous, thats crazy. Anyone can own a complete neo collection, psx, saturn, whatever. All it takes is spending $$.
The reason I put up my pics was to help people who think like me.

The type of person that is happy when someone else gets something that they enjoy. & enjoys the seeing pics.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Okay, maybe I should use little smiley faces since I don't always come across indicating the intended tone of voice in writing, but I said let people get jealous, envious, blah blah just because I was looking for any reason that might seem worthwhile to get the idea off the ground. Besides, it's human nature to want to compete, in showing off collections or anything, so what's most important is simply to get things going. If only 2 people uploaded collection photos I wouldn't care; it's just nice to see what other people have felt like investing into the system & the endless secondary products surrounding it. Maybe some of use have loads of keychains, or Terry's, Rock's, Kyo's or Billy's jacket; or some of those resin statues, a complete collection of Gamest telephone cards, all sorts of strategy guide books, art books.... whatever. I quite frankly enjoy taking a gander at what others have to share, and I certainly don't expect or really care if anyone becomes envious of anything I have. Most people have more than me in any case. If you don't get inspired by what other people have, then don't participate and let others go about their own business. I'm not going to rush out and buy $1000 worth of Neo stuff just because someone else on the net has it and then I too will be able to show them off. I purchase only what I want, and for the reason that I really do want it for personal pleasure of whatever sort.

You yourself even said that you would love to see people's gaming setups. Now, I could easily apply your mentality and unjust reproach right back at you. "Hey look everyone I have a $10000 entertainment centre and almost every system known to man w/hundreds of games, all connected to a HUB or two and neatly arranged in a cabinet. What do YOU have, hmmmmm?? No I'm not a materialist." Get the idea? I know you do.