Members' collection.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
Okay, maybe I should use little smiley faces since I don't always come across indicating the intended tone of voice in writing, but I said let people get jealous, envious, blah blah just because I was looking for any reason that might seem worthwhile to get the idea off the ground. Besides, it's human nature to want to compete, in showing off collections or anything, so what's most important is simply to get things going. If only 2 people uploaded collection photos I wouldn't care; it's just nice to see what other people have felt like investing into the system & the endless secondary products surrounding it. Maybe some of use have loads of keychains, or Terry's, Rock's, Kyo's or Billy's jacket; or some of those resin statues, a complete collection of Gamest telephone cards, all sorts of strategy guide books, art books.... whatever. I quite frankly enjoy taking a gander at what others have to share, and I certainly don't expect or really care if anyone becomes envious of anything I have. Most people have more than me in any case. If you don't get inspired by what other people have, then don't participate and let others go about their own business. I'm not going to rush out and buy $1000 worth of Neo stuff just because someone else on the net has it and then I too will be able to show them off. I purchase only what I want, and for the reason that I really do want it for personal pleasure of whatever sort.
Hey...go for it! I was just stating my values. I am not/was not indoctrinating, and I wish you and others the best on the collection page.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:

You yourself even said that you would love to see people's gaming setups. Now, I could easily apply your mentality and unjust reproach right back at you. "Hey look everyone I have a $10000 entertainment centre and almost every system known to man w/hundreds of games, all connected to a HUB or two and neatly arranged in a cabinet. What do YOU have, hmmmmm?? No I'm not a materialist." Get the idea? I know you do.

Gameset up pics would interest me in that many collectors and gamers are faced with a challenge of furniture designed for mass appeal. In many cases the "hardcore" are left out. How many cd/record cases to you see that are designed for 1000+ cds? How many video game centers do you see that are designed for 5 + systems? They don't exist, or are very difficult to find. I am interested in seeing how some have overcome this setback, and how creative some are with their gaming experience. It is this creative individualistic element that interests me above all of the materials that lie in its space.

Carlson

[This message has been edited by 16-bit (edited April 07, 2001).]

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Aye, I get you. But I suppose this is one not for me. Living at home doesn't necessarily allow for overcoming such obstacles, and certainly doesn't for me.