Metal Slug 3 AES problems

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I just picked up a Metal Slug 3 AES cart and noticed it does not fit well in the console. The cart has not been opened but I noticed that the seller must of peeked into the cart to see the boards without cracking it open. I believe it did not snap back completely and is preventing a solid fit. Also during the gameplay I am getting some black flashing blotches/lines. I think that could be because of it not fitting well. Does anyone have any advice since I do not want to squeeze the top and bottom plastic and damage the cart.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 and its fellow 1999 AES releases tend to have this problem. The exact issue is one or both of the support posts in the middle of the cartridge aren't seating correctly. There isn't really anything you can do about this, other than perhaps opening the cartridge and shaving the support post or holes so they fit better.

As for the black flashing blotches, that could be a dirty cartridge/slot or an inadequate power adapter. You can clean the Slug 3 cart and slot together by using alcohol + cotton swabs to wet the cartridge, then scrub the cart slot, then use more cotton swabs to clean the gunk off the cartridge connectors. Rinse and repeat.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm assuming you paid a hefty sum for it so all you really should do is return it if you're not completely satisfied.
BB

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I cleaned it and it plays perfect. I just want to verify if other people that own the Metal Slug 3 cart also have issues with not having a snug fit in the console. Thank you HeavyMachineGun for your comments.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
My copy of Slug 3 is the same way, the cart shell looks like it didn't seat properly. So it rubs the system a bit, i wouldn't worry about it. Like HMG said it was very common for this. Don't know about the glitch though, more than likely dirty contacts imo.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Like mentioned, you would need to open it up and shave the posts a little. iirc, they used a glue and I guess it set too fast.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Oh my, the cart rubs the sides? Hello insertion marks!