Metal Slug 3 is on sale for $2.39 on Steam right now...

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
...and it's still not worth it. Totally offensive port. Somehow, even though MAME's done it for several years, they didn't emulate the raster effects, so the cool red screen distortion effect on the last boss is missing. I usually criticize these terrible cash grabs for stealing MAME code, but in this case, it would have been a huge improvement. I hate Playmore so very deeply.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
Is the steam version as awful as the XBLA port on the 360? The audio bug on stage 5 is pretty severe.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Never played it on XBLA, but it's possible that it's based on the same code as the XBLA version (that seems to happen pretty often).

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
So a quick response to this would be just Playmore quickly grabbing any cash for any port they can. Does this mean that there really isn't too much put into these? I know Playmore isn't banking huge these days, but wouldn't it seem more fitting to just release good quality/equal ports of this game as it came out in 2000

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Crap, I saw the sale last night and bought three copies of this game (albeit for less than $10). I thought it might make for some good cross-country MP with my brother and some friends.

loganm187

n00b
My favorite Neo Geo game. Also, I have a very important question about an AES carrying bag I have, but it won't let me post...I joined in September. How many posts do I have to make before I can start a thread? Thanks.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
My favorite Neo Geo game. Also, I have a very important question about an AES carrying bag I have, but it won't let me post...I joined in September. How many posts do I have to make before I can start a thread? Thanks.

Not very many at all, but 7 posts in 5 months is quite obviously going to be below even the lamest couldn't-give-a-shit thresholds.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Crap, I saw the sale last night and bought three copies of this game (albeit for less than $10). I thought it might make for some good cross-country MP with my brother and some friends.

RIP your 1/5 of a real copy.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
So I just finally got around to playing the game (stopping at level five) and I think I got my two dollars out of it.