Mike Judge to Bring Back Beavis and Butt-Head

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I liked it --it was more of the same but in a good way.

It's funny and sad to see how the people who are on MTV now seem to be as dumb or dumber than they are. I like the mix of music videos and reality TV.

This is how I felt.

The fact that they were still wearing Metallica and AC/DC shirts, rather than changing it to something more for 'today's' audience, shows that MTV is willing to give Judge a chance to do the show the way he wants.

I'm encouraged so far.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
wow the first episode was great :) I have no complaints. I am so glad this was not like futurama where the show returned a shell of it's former self.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I think it's awesome that he was able to renegotiate 50% of the show. That dude got hosed HARD when he sold everything to MTV. I really hope the show does well.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
This is how I felt.

The fact that they were still wearing Metallica and AC/DC shirts, rather than changing it to something more for 'today's' audience, shows that MTV is willing to give Judge a chance to do the show the way he wants.

I'm encouraged so far.

I was more happy to see Stewart still sporting that Winger shirt after all these years. :D

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Damn I fucked around and fell asleep before I could watch it. Judging my these post, i'm in for a treat. Watching on the MTV website now.

Gigaton Chode

Zero's Tailor
This new shit is great so far. I even like how they recycle the same shots of them on the couch for the music video segments.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
One wonders if Daria will have a guest appearance as so far everyone is back( can't wait to see Mr. Anderson )

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Wow this episode was fucking hilarious. I'm not the least bit disappointed. B&B clowning the Jersey Shore guidos was funny as fuck.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This episode was hilarious and just a wave of nostalgia.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Great episode. The movie theater part cracked me up. Wonder when Cornholio is gonna make an appearance.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Trying to download it on a bittorrent right now, but it's not working. huh huh huh huh huh

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
this was a lot better than i was expecting

looking forward to more episodes

Fett

Camel Slug
I'm really hoping this sparks some interest in other old MTV cartoons, like Aeon Flux/liquid television.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
One wonders if Daria will have a guest appearance as so far everyone is back( can't wait to see Mr. Anderson )

My local paper had an interview with Mike Judge and they asked him the same question because the interviewer was a fan of the spin off. It sounded like they did Daria behind his back, because he said they did "a lot of sneaky and underhanded things..." but said since so many people love the character he's considering bringing him back. Hopefully he will do Mr. Anderson since it's pretty much just a more dopey version of Hank Hill.

I also liked how they got Toby Huss (Artie The Strongest Man in The World, Dale from King of the Hill) as the bum that bites them in the first episode. Hopefully he'll get some of the old crew that worked on Goode Family and King of The Hill to do some voices for the other characters in B&B.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's streaming on MTV's website now as well, if you don't want to wait for the download.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
My local paper had an interview with Mike Judge and they asked him the same question because the interviewer was a fan of the spin off. It sounded like they did Daria behind his back, because he said they did "a lot of sneaky and underhanded things..." but said since so many people love the character he's considering bringing him back. Hopefully he will do Mr. Anderson since it's pretty much just a more dopey version of Hank Hill.

I also liked how they got Toby Huss (Artie The Strongest Man in The World, Dale from King of the Hill) as the bum that bites them in the first episode. Hopefully he'll get some of the old crew that worked on Goode Family and King of The Hill to do some voices for the other characters in B&B.

I knew I recognized that voice

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
it's actually up on the canadian MTV site today :) I went to check even though I torrented it the other night. I'm glad we have a legit way to watch it streaming free, I wasn't about to pay for that terrible MTV canada shit.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
A cool Mike Judge interview with Stern:

Thanks for posting that. Didn't know he was ripped off by MTV on the original B&B. That's fucked up. It's no wonder he walked away from that bullshit and went to Fox.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Did anybody catch the reference to the 90s where Beavis and Butt-head were banned from saying "fire" because some stupid kid? So the first music video they show, Beavis is saying "fire" like 30 times. I guess that word is back on the table for them, haha