Missing Neo postal advice *help*

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
dude, why the hell are you going through the process of filing claims etc if it hasnt even been 7 working days since you shipped? 2-3 day priority here in the states will often times take 7 days to arrive so wtf.

you need to settle the fuck down and tell that asshole to shut the fuck up until it has been at least 10 working days since shipment. if he expects you to just send him money out of your pocket as a "refund" based on his word that it hasnt arrived tell him to suck a dick and leave it at that. there is no "law" that says a seller has to give back money if a parcel has been lost in the mail. remind him thats what insurance is for and that if he doesnt want to wait a month for the check to arrive he can stfu and have a nice day.

lol @ bitching about a missing package the day after payment.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
FeelGood said:
dude, why the hell are you going through the process of filing claims etc if it hasnt even been 7 working days since you shipped? 2-3 day priority here in the states will often times take 7 days to arrive so wtf.

you need to settle the fuck down and tell that asshole to shut the fuck up until it has been at least 10 working days since shipment. if he expects you to just send him money out of your pocket as a "refund" based on his word that it hasnt arrived tell him to suck a dick and leave it at that. there is no "law" that says a seller has to give back money if a parcel has been lost in the mail. remind him thats what insurance is for and that if he doesnt want to wait a month for the check to arrive he can stfu and have a nice day.

lol @ bitching about a missing package the day after payment.

thanks mate. Its got worse now, hes threatening me with trading standards and the police - ive never been in this situation before so its abit unsettling.
We have officially fallen out - basically he needs to comply with me and parcel force for a missing parcel investogation to start and he's refusing to help and just demaning his money back..
Ive shown hes emails to friends and work colleagues who have described his emails as bullying and threatening - so I am now of the opinion this guys trying to scam me - why else would he not co-operate with me :annoyed:

its a sad day that an individual like this can shatter your confidence when dealing with buyers - it almost makes me wonder whether selling on Ebay is really worth it?

*everyone* Thanks for taking the time to reply to the thread

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
yep, sounds like an asshole scammer. police? lol even IF they got involved, the simple fact that he is refusing the claim is all the evidence anyone would need. game over.

if he doesnt want his money back thats his own damn problem. unless your post office is really bad (kinda sounds like it with all the missing packages etc) its gonna arrive in a day or two if it hasnt already. wait til he gives you a positive then hit him with a neutral or negative.

buyers responsibility does not end when he sends paypal.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
hey dave...

...wtf, this buyer turned into a bitchy female that needs to get dickslapped in four corners, wtf is this punks problem?!!!?

parcelforce should be able to track if carrier indeed delivered at this prick's location right? you should not need tracking procedures for this, just an indication, a call from the local parcelforce distribution center or sumfin, that package had been delivered or not from you to this prick's mailbox. does he have to sign in for the package? even if not, you should be able to determine, at least, that there have been attempts to deliver on his mailbox coming from a certain source??

yeah man looking like this crachhead being downright unreasonable... :mad: :annoyed:

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
ok, check this email out I got tonight - I refused to give him a refund on Monday and this is what I got:

"You wont to do this the hard way david fair enough will do it the hard way dont
forget that ive got your emails two where you have admited you have got the
cash, and now you've sent me emails saying you cant prove that you recieved the
money, sounds like fraud to me and again you try and palm me of with the wrong
info about the royal mail, if you check the specail delivery they say ideal
for sending currency just like all the other bullshit you said about the parcel
force, 1 thing i did not tell you is that ive checked all the info about all
the stuff you said to me before and i still have all your emails on my media
centre saying about the anything over 2kg and parcel force send it, its all
bollocks david ive already put the complaints in to ebay and paypal my be they
will only refund me my £45 pounds but i will tell you something i will make
sure that you refund me the £160 because
i tell you david you dont no who your fucking about and if ive got to come up
to lincoln personaly to get it i will,so you can hide behind that fucking pc
all you want, but for a person that lives at home with his mummy i take it you
want to do this the easy way the problem is david i dont give a shit about a
poxy £200 pounds
its the principle, now ive given you a chane to sort this out and if you keep
fucking me around i will take this to the next level so if i was you david i
would sort this out asap, if you dont replie to this email i will take it you
would rather c me in person ive got the address its 49 buttery close lincoln
ln6 8sl"

I mean, jesus christ, what the hell do you say to that and what the hell do I do now?

TerryMathews

Mr. Big's Thug
You just need to keep your cool. You've got e-mails too, ones where you said you needed to wait until Monday, and that you need details from him to start an investigation with ParcelForce.

Stay cool and keep the peace. 99%, he's just trying to get his money back + the item.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
djrconsoles kr1 said:
I mean, jesus christ, what the hell do you say to that and what the hell do I do now?

you fight him. its as simple as that. when he shows up on your porch just open the door and uppercut him on the fucking chin.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Jesus christ this got out of hand fast. Take it easy man there are no worries. He is basically as patient as a coke head who wants to go to the party or a scammer. Just tell him simply this:

You are blowing this way out of proportion and very impatient. You get the package when it comes in. I sent it at my expense and you should get it. If its a problem then that's all yours to deal with, not mine. If you don't get the package after a long amount of time then it becomes my problem. I did my part. So chill the fuck out.

Thats pretty much what I would say. This is why in this type of situation I believe too much communication can be bad and not enough is even worse. Thats why I just give info and status and leave it there. It gets people nervous when you seem too honest on these things. People just think the worste it seems. Trust is just a big pain in the ass with strangers that have little faith. I had to deal with similar people when serving food to them waiting tables.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
He sounds like he is 10 years old, he probably lives with his mummy.

have you met him before?

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Better still post his e-mail addy....

Sounds like he needs some of that old internet punishment!

Such a creepy sort, he is probably bullshitting, I think he is definately a fraud after reading those mails.
Have you received anything from ebay/paypal yet? Thats how frauds operate, they try to put the pressure on, he will give up after a while if he already has the parcel.
Even if he has lots of posi feedback, it doesn't mean that people can't turn bad.

Anyway he basically has threatened you, you have proof now. Legally he can fuck off.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
I have had a complaint through Ebay and they are investigating matters - I had to confirm I had sent the parcel and give all information shown on the receipt, which I've done, so the balls now back in his court.

I do agree with Snknostalga that I think too much communication can be a bad thing, I mean, it went from ok, to threatening in less than 1 day, so i think this is something I;ll remember if i ever happen to get into this situation again.

The buyer has calmed down as I said if he didnt, I would inform ebay and the police of his behaviour - so hes become more reasonable, although still saying he will come and see me if it doesnt work out.

i think from now on, im just gonna calm down myself, deal with ebay and paypal, jump through the loops they want me too and let them resolve matters with him.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
beh3moth said:
Even if he has lots of posi feedback, it doesn't mean that people can't turn bad.
Unfortunately, positive feedback means less and less these days. All it takes is falling for one phishing scam and an account is toast.

I once had a buyer with decent feedback that overpaid shipping by like $50-$75 (hrmm) and said overnight the item to some other address. It looked a bit fishy so I told them I would refund their money (at my expense). They then proceeded to beg, plead, and came up with a ridiculous sob story trying to get me to complete the sale (hardcore ... they really worked on my conscience hard). A couple weeks later, their feedback was loaded with negatives ... the account was stolen.

After that, I spent a lot of time reading eBay and PayPal's seller protection policies. In short, they are highly biased toward the buyer. However, if you follow them to the letter, you will have some small amount of protection. Unfortunately a lot of this particular case just comes down to not CYA enough. Using a shipper with signature confirmation would have prevented some of this.

Good luck resolving this. It sounds like you're doing the right thing. Stick to your guns and it should work itself out.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
That last email is just ridiculous! The guy must be a scammer. No-one would put that much pressure on you a few days after the parcel is sent. He's trying to put pressure on you so you'll give in and give him a refund and he'll have the goods as well. Looking at his feedback I reckon his account count be stolen and some scammer is using it. You're doing everything by the book and he's not, so the only one who will get in trouble over this is him and with threatening emails like that I would inform ebay and the police straightaway. We don't need twats like that on ebay!

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
Amazingly, and I am genuinely pleased, the buyer has agreed to wait and work through the compensation proceedure with me and accepts that I shouldnt pay him out of my own pocket - so things have worked out ammicabley - and another good thing with this thread is its done wonders for my post count! :D

Again, thanks to all that gave their advice and took the time to reply - all has ended well.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Sounds like you got one of the eBay retards.

What annoys me with these people, is if it turns up tomorrow, you won't hear another thing, no "oh I've got it now" email, no "sorry about going a bit OTT" email.

I would agree you should get the refund process going via royal mail and then refund him when you get the cash.

From your point of view the guy could just get the parcel, say he didn't, and get a refund.

You're a sound seller, so I hope this doesn't sour your good attitude.

JW

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
FeelGood said:
i disagree. i think the sellers responsibility ends when he or she ships the item via the agreed upon method. it should be the buyers responsibility to cover the costs of any shipping method he prefers and any services like tracking and insurance.

many buyers want the cheapest possible method, so why should the seller be put at risk because the buyer wont spring for tracking/insurance? this is the reason i will only ship with tracking and/or delivery confirmation and leave insurance up to the buyer. on the flip side, if the seller will not ship with a method that allows for tracking, i will not buy from him.

just saying you shipped it isnt enough though, which is why all reciepts and paperwork should be held until the deal is finished.

I agree.

But the bottom line to me is that it's easier to issue a refund after all the avenues have been exhausted, i.e. you've proven it's been shipped and someone else fucked up.

I don't see any instance that you'd be culpable for a refund if you insured the parcel properly. If the post lost it, it's up to them to refund, and the seller, who's already proven himself to be a bit of a dick, will have to goddamn well wait for his refund. And that's after he's proven he didn't get it.

So fuck him, and pat yourself on the back for being one of the good ones. Just don't let this dink take advantage of your kindness by giving him an unwarranted refund, which would be tough to get back if he is indeed screwing you.

So. I repeat: under no circumstances refund this guy until you know exactly where the parcel went, and you yourself will be reimbursed. If he complains, explian this to him, then politely tell him to go fuck himself (seriously, say "sorry, no can do, buddy boy").

After all, what the hell is insurance for, if not this? Either post screwed up or he's lying. Either way your duty is done. No refund!