MISTer FPGA?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Got my mister all setup in a slim itx case. Mounting board is by some local outfit, Battye. Cheap as chips and barebones in design. Has a little controller that turns the momentary power switch on the case into a static on/off switch with pins for the front led's. Also got a usb splitter with motherboard headers to utilise the front usb ports, beats a pricey hub board. Cost me less than $100 kangaroos all up which is a fair bit less than the other itx board setups, of course a few less bells and whistles. Cool little thing this.1.jpg

Looking nice on the oled with pvm scanline filter, 1080p60 with matching refresh rate on this display. (to my surprise)
2.jpg3.jpg

Just for you @LoneSage
4.jpg

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Got my mister all setup in a slim itx case. Mounting board is by some local outfit, Battye. Cheap as chips and barebones in design. Has a little controller that turns the momentary power switch on the case into a static on/off switch with pins for the front led's. Also got a usb splitter with motherboard headers to utilise the front usb ports, beats a pricey hub board. Cost me less than $100 kangaroos all up which is a fair bit less than the other itx board setups, of course a few less bells and whistles. Cool little thing this.

That is interesting. I looked at those a while back but didn't really think I had the know how to make one work. I went with that Ironclad carrier board instead because it looked more plug and play for my simple mind. They have a new lite version about to release. That really would have been more my speed as I don't need all the shit the one I got can do.

Anyhow, I only recently started trying to put it all together. Am still working on the case as I have to do some modification to it. I'm really starting to like the mister but don't have a good grasp on how to do things with it yet.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Spent a good chunk of the weekend trying to mod a pc case to stick the mister in. Between that and doing some 3D designs for some mounting brackets and bits for the inside, it's been slow. Hopefully this week I'll have it done and throw up some photos. It will be nice to get it put back together in a nicer form.

The hardware side of things I don't mind. Software though I'm still having trouble getting things set up the way I want.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
I'm hoping later on down the line we have a more powerful Mister that can run all SH3 hardware , then you can count me in.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Hardware and software developers, you'll only be graced by the above's presence once you've put a $30K fpga chip with enough logic gates to support an SH3 - alongside the years of complex software development.

only then, then! will you bear the privilege of having trevor spencer 'in'

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
lamar-franklin.gif

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Lol :p dosnt bother me if I have to wait another 10yrs as I've got half the SH3 boards already and if I don't ,
I have the 360 ports anyway
so whenever.

Anyway thanks for your comment , it was most helpful 👍

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
I've been all like "cute, but who is it for?" I get having something I guess that's kinda physical, but it's not. It's nothing, and isn't worth anything to anyone outside of a very specific subset of a subset of emulator users (because the MiSTer, like all FPGA gaming, is emulation). So I'm going to spend real money to simulate a physical experience with what's essentially a bootleg echo of the genuine article for my emulation platform because I don't want to press a few buttons? Nah, pass, but you do you I guess.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
The MiSTer freed me from physical media. No worries, I don't want to return with this NFC Amiibo hobo shit. You still need to differ between hardware and software emulation I guess.