MN roll call?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Amanda and I are back 12/25-12/31 ( 6 am flight :vik:)

so what's the plan?

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
::Watches thread with anticipation::

Hope I can meet up with you guys this time around.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Lots of food and drinks no doubt. I'm up for whatever, of course. Too bad you're both not here for one more day. We could've roll-called for King of Fighters...the movie, due out on the 31st.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Party party party party party party party party party party party party party

What would you like to do while you're in town? Any places you'd want to go, especially?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Party party party party party party party party party party party party party

What would you like to do while you're in town? Any places you'd want to go, especially?

places i want to go

Club Jäger
Donny Dirk's zombie den (tuesday if drinking with Ian is there)
Bar la grassa
Hautedish

I rocked these places pretty hard last trip and need to go back.

we haven't planned out anything yet... so i don't know what days we're doing what, but i'm pretty sure Saturday and Sunday are going to be busy with family stuff.

aria

Former Moderator
Nuts, I'm going to be in Socal/Vegas :(

At least let me recommend the latest awesome place:

The Inn

Great cocktails and food, located in the original Hell's Kitchen space (before they moved to the larger space on 9th) on 10th near the old Let it Be Records/Big Brain. It's a collaboration between the owners of The Strip Club (steak house) in St. Paul and the former sous chef of La Belle Vie/head chef of Barrio. We tried it and loved it.

It opened within the past few weeks. Seriously, go there before it blows up in the press.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
cool, i'll see if we can fit it in, but Amanda and I were very unimpressed with Barrio last time we were up... good for drinks sure, but the food imo was unimpressive, well at least what both of us had that night..

updates.

Saturday is booked

Sunday we should be free after 2ish... i'm thinking closin down Club Jager with Brett :vik:

Monday is booked

Tuesday is 100% open ... zombie bar... :vik:

Wednesday the only thing on the schedule is the Hold steady concert at First ave.... pre and post concert is wide open....:vik:

we're probably going to hit up Hautedish with Mom-in-Law at some point, so

aria

Former Moderator
It's definitely closer to the Strip Club than Barrio.

Also, Cafe Maude in South Minneapolis is great for brunch. Amazing fries with a truffle sauce.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Sunday we should be free after 2ish... i'm thinking closin down Club Jager with Brett :vik:

Tuesday is 100% open ... zombie bar... :vik:

I'll be there, and I'll be there:cool:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I'll be there, and I'll be there:cool:

<3

i'm going to be 100% honest... anyone with a cab want to let medicinehorse and me play garou till the wee hours in the morning on sunday 12/26.... after we close down club jager of course..... CVS 2 to follow the garou with RS:PJ happing after that?:vik:

Shogun17

Crazed MVS Addict
<3

i'm going to be 100% honest... anyone with a cab want to let medicinehorse and me play garou till the wee hours in the morning on sunday 12/26.... after we close down club jager of course..... CVS 2 to follow the garou with RS:PJ happing after that?:vik:

If you guys are gonna do this, keep me in the loop. I might be out of town on Xmas weekend, but I wanna get some Garou action in while you're in town. Otherwise, if I am out of town, I'd be up for some food and/or drink during the week.

aria

Former Moderator
While I've got you all looking here, I've got a Time Soldiers cab I'm willing to sell for $150 to anyone who's willing to pick it up. It won't fit on my wall with the two candies and Tron.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
sad, yet awesome at the same time....

So, yeah... Sunday night Garou who with a cab wants to host :D

aria

Former Moderator
Just throwing this out there, since I've dragged a few of you here (only to be told you loved it)...

Adam Richman, of Man vs. Food, called Brasa one of his top-5 restaurants this week on the Today Show:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/40548958#40548958

You can see a photo of him and Andrew Zimmern above the bathroom doors at the original NE location.

I'm sure a lot of you have been there, but it never hurts to spread the word about great restaurants.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've been out of Mpls too long. I don't even know the good spots anymore.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Brasa is pretty awesome, but every time I go they're out of the fucking plantains. Drives me nuts.

aria

Former Moderator
Brasa is pretty awesome, but every time I go they're out of the fucking plantains. Drives me nuts.

They were there last Thursday. I had them. They were delightful. :p

[and they are the best in town]

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
not a whole lot to update.

Sunday night garou and drinking

Tuesday food and fun

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
so you guys want to meet up for dinner somewhere else or just hit up Club Jager a little early and eat and drink there?