Modded my Gamecube In 2020

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I remember seeing a pretty definitive guide on doing this here but cant find it now.

{HELP} Can anybody hook a ninja up with some mini dvd-r 's that they know work on the Gamecube? {HELP}

Think I could use between 1-5. Maybe one for Swiss, Action Replay and GBI and a couple in case I make coasters.

I bought some on Amazon that a reviewer said worked and they don't. Don't feel like spending $100 on them till I find some that do. Right now I'm using a full sized DVD and I can't close the system back up. Don't want to murder the top.

{HELP} Using Xeno mod chip does anybody know a persistent way to get the console to boot to a SD skipping the DVD drive?{HELP}

Internet seems to say no. I bought a cheap memory card to SD reader that the net says only works for the Wii but seems to work fine for me.

I can get the DVD drive to shut off after it loads Swiss GBI or the Action replay disc so I'm not worried about unnecessary wear it's just time consuming and frustrating.

I find it hard to believe I can't because I can get access to the systems ROM. (I've left it alone don't know if I can alter it at all)

OPTIONS

There's a sd card loader that replaces the DVD drive. It's similar to the Saturn and Dreamcast one. I wanted one of these but it's sold out and $90+.

Theres the sd2sp2 It's a SD card reader that fits in the bottom of the system in the parallel port slot. They can be purchased on Ebay for $2-15 shipped.
I purchased one and I got a refund a few days later instead claiming the post office lost it. WHAAAT?

Theres some nicer modchips out there but they all seem to be sold out and command a premium if you can find a NOS one.

Route I went:

I bought this cheap memory card to SD loader on EBay a couple years ago. Net says it only works for Wii but now that I have everything up and running seems to work fine for me. Swiss seems to say it has read speeds of 32mhz. Cost $5-$10 shipped

Xeno mod chip cost about $5 shipped.

Skips region and copyright checks for optical disks on start up that's about it.
Has a couple options when you hold buttons when powering on.

SO after I ordered the mod chip I skimmed through some installation guides.

Once I got it I read them again and watched a you-tube video while I installed it. The video I was watching said if the chip is working properly it blinks three time and on the third time it blinks either green or orange. Mine blinked red.

It didn't seem to work either because the disc I burned did nothing.

I tried resoldering it about a dozen times then desoldering and resoldering it three times.
The third time I desoldered it a bunch of the pads came off.

I then went from a wireless install to a wired one. I had to find new points to solder to.

Most guides say the wireless install isn't smooth and suggest using wires. One of these guides said newer Xeno chips will blink red the third time and that's perfectly normal.

It then goes on to talk about adjusting the laser pot . I dink around with it for a bit but it still wouldn't read the disc. I look at the DVD and it's a DVD-RW, I could swear ordered regular DVD-r's. Anyways I got and burned some full sized DVD's I found laying around and voila it's working!

What a nightmare.

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
-If you need a couple mini disc known to work I can burn swiss for you also, lmk

PLEASE!, Swiss is still being updated and recently there's been HUUUUGE improvements on load speeds from SD cards and some other features + compatibility. So I would need the newest version.
Again please and thank-you.

You know what I don't need the Action Replay, it's old and outdated don't think there's anything it has Swiss doesn't (but it does seem to load up super fast). Also think I'm going to convert all my iso's into nkit iso to save space and increase compatibility. Not sure if it works with those.

Some GBI discs would be nice because the GBA Player is a feature I use a lot and plan to in the future.

Theres a program you can use to injected gamecube discs with multiple codes (to save on discs) but it would consume time to figure and and you still might make some coasters.

Anyways yeah, if you could burn a copy of of the newer version of Swiss for me or send me a couple blanks discs that's be great.

Sent this as a PM, in case you don't check back here.

Thanks, pretty sure that's what I was looking for.
Guess I should have asked before I started. HAHHAA

Last edited: