modified consoles

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
link

i know a lot of these you've probably already seen, but there were a few that i haven't.
the last one is my favorite though. where do the controllers plug in?!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
They are kinda cool. I wouldn't mind the R2 unit, shame it is not wireless though.

After a bit of digging I found your answer...

http://kotomiblog.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

zelcard01.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Christ those are all horrendous

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
crazym13.jpg

What the fuck is the point of this?

I can only imagine it was for some promotion or event. No other reason I could see to mold a 360 into your dash like that... Or mount a controller in your steering wheel. If it is a real car, though, rest assured that the driver has removed his airbag in order to fit that controller in... Or... Maybe we'll be really lucky, and find out he hasn't.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The toaster, R2D2 and the steampunk PS3 with wood finish look kinda nice.

Elixir said:
What the fuck is the point of this?

Why does everything need to have a point?

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
I'm with Tak, "because it's cool!" is usually reason enough to mod.

Although, I do hate idiots repurposing classic hardware into shit R0Mbox garbage with a fiery passion.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
some quality mods. I love the half life 3 xbox

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I don't mod stuff myself but if it makes people happy, more power to them. IMO there are worse ways to waste your time than transferring your SNES into a toaster or adding a copper pipe to a PS3.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I love working on projects like that, I don't really mod my consoles in that way but I am always working on arcade sticks or little things for my cabinet. Working on projects is definitely more fun than the end result :). I would never care about owning a steam punk ps3....but I imagine building one would be pretty awesome.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The pipes off the PS3 might actually be a design improvement, just because it's a much better heat sink. XD

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
the longhorns xbox kinda makes me miss texas a bit. and the R2 is just badass. i like this.

aria

Former Moderator
Some of those were pretty darned cool, others, not so much.

ghibben

Zero's Secretary
I should turn one of these gamecubes *points* into Wall-e the kids will love it.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
I guess I am not artistic enough to ever think to mod a system for cosmetic purposes. Most of my mods are more technical in nature and for me, that is where the real beauty is.

Oh, and the steampunk ps3 was cool.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
i liked a few of these. some of them seemed to take into account the natural design of the console itself while i thought others could just as well have been done on any flat surface. although its cool to see people do these so i enjoyed looking at all of them.