MOST ADDICTIVE GAME EVER?

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
What do you think is the most addictive game ever? was there a game you just couldnt put down only for toilet breaks lol or maybe you just had a bed pan next to you lol. Most addictive game then, wot u guys reckon?

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Halo, Halo 2, Puzzle Fighter, 4 player Bomerman for DC, 4 player Mario Kart Double Dash, 4 Player Quake 3 for DC, Mark of the Wolves, and Revenge of Shanobi.. :drool:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
RXBANDIT said:
What do you think is the most addictive game ever? was there a game you just couldnt put down only for toilet breaks lol or maybe you just had a bed pan next to you lol. Most addictive game then, wot u guys reckon?

World of Warcraft. :oh_no:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Original Goldeneye 007, high school, 4-player: "Seriously, you guys have been over here every day for the past 17 days, now. Don't you have homework or something?"

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Most addictive NEO:GEO related is...

League Bowling *As basic as it is, once I tried it out back in 1991 I just couldn't get enough of it. Had it on all the CD three different times {2 NEO CDs + 1 CDZ}, once on the AES and finally now on MVS. The game is just freckin' addictive, most ppl are like: "I hate bowling ball" then they see the game and just fall in love with it. My wife and a few others for some reason still have a hard time understanding/utilizing the two power meters used in the game, and it does take some good hand-eye coordination to get it right, but most easily fall into it and just keep playing. Once I played against about 13 ppl in round robin sessions for 5 hours.

NON NEO:GEO related is...

CONTRA
{Famicom/NES} *Seriously with or without that 30 man code, I never get tired of blasting through that game. Especially the JPN version.

MERCENARY X99

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
For me, the only game I've been like that on was Secret of Mana on the SNES/SFC. Simply THE BEST game ever.

ericb

NEST Puppet
Mercenary X99 said:
Most addictive NEO:GEO related is...

League Bowling *As basic as it is, once I tried it out back in 1991 I just couldn't get enough of it. Had it on all the CD three different times {2 NEO CDs + 1 CDZ}, once on the AES and finally now on MVS. The game is just freckin' addictive, most ppl are like: "I hate bowling ball" then they see the game and just fall in love with it. My wife and a few others for some reason still have a hard time understanding/utilizing the two power meters used in the game, and it does take some good hand-eye coordination to get it right, but most easily fall into it and just keep playing. Once I played against about 13 ppl in round robin sessions for 5 hours.

Gooooood call. I really need to buy that cart, but I've been putting it off for some time now. I remember wasting a retarded amount of quarters on that game back in the day...

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
On the Neo? For me it's Last Blade 2 and now KOF 03' (holy crap is this game fun).
My sister is absolutely obsessed with Magic Drop 3. Her hands move faster then I would think humanly possible when she's playing it.

Non Neo, would be a fairly long list but definitely would include PSO (in all forms) FFXI, Kengo, Halo 1&2, Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Dragon Warrior 4, Super Mario Brothers 3, Splatterhouse (arcade), TMNT (arcade), Alien Vs Predator (arcade) and SFIII:Third Strike.

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Historically and figuratively speaking TETRIS
is the most addictive game ever reaching
players aged 2-99 years old. It has been played in
almost every country in the world, ported to just
about every game system, computer system and
is one of the most infamously cloned gameplay
types and copied games in history.

Even the NEO-GEO got to see it's very own
Joy Joy Kid / Puzzled as an example of the
TETRIS phenomenon.

Not one developer in the world would deny
that when it comes to the most addictive
and breathrough games in history TETRIS
is second only to smut, beer, sex and
drugs. :D

Or for the more wild at heart: sex with beer
while high as a kite on smut and reading drugs.

Aww fuck it then...

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I love SNK as much as the next guy, but video game addiction is spelled "Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo".

venom x

n00b
Sometimes, me and a couple of my friends will play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for hours at a time.

neo>all

Super nO0b
jro said:
Original Goldeneye 007, high school, 4-player: "Seriously, you guys have been over here every day for the past 17 days, now. Don't you have homework or something?"

Stayed up so late playing it i temporarily lost my vision...Now i type by braille :lol:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Honestly, the most addivtive game I've ever played would have to be Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction net play. I played it for 2 1/2 days straight once and only got up to eat, shit and piss. In the end, I lost my girlfriend over the game. The most addictive ever! :loco:

daybona

Juz,
Off topic: Street Fighter. I've been playing it constantly for the past twelve years in one form or another.

On topic: The most addictive game on the Neo for me is the Metal Slug series.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
.Neo-Geo related
King of Fighters 98 + Good human challengers

.Non-NG related
Hmmm... I wouldn't know.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Resident Evil 4 had me up waaayyyyyy past my bedtime until I beat, and then even some after that.

But the game that I found the most addicting would have to be A Link to the Past. I thought about that fucking game all day at work, and played it instead of having lunch. Man, that game was totally engrossing.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
NG: Magical Drop3 / Pop 'n bounce
Non NG: Sunset Riders / SF3TS

Also, recently I've been really addicted to Zelda:Minish cap for the GBA! What a great game.

[OCEAN]

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Bust-A-Move or Puyo Pop ( any version ) are pretty addictive.

KoF2k0 - Just the overkill of strikers can lead to months of playing around with different fighter / striker ideas.

NeoTurfMasters or any really good golf game.

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
Neo related I would have to say Garou: MOTW...I cannot get enough of this game..no matter how much I play it I never get bored..always trying to get better. I'll play for hours on end when I have friends over..great game.

Non-Neo related...theres alot actually..but one that springs to mind is Star Wars KOTOR...something about that game kept me totally engrossed..I played through it a dozen times or more trying to see every little thing and try out every possible character class combination.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I can list a few i was addictive to.

NeoGeo
League Bowling
Wind Jammers
MetalSlug: just to save all those P.O.W for a perfect score.

NonNeo
PSO: what can i say much reach a level 200 :loco:
Bust a Move
The Legend of Zelda: beat, it a millon times i still keep playing it.

Robert

20 Year Member
Gran turismo serie.

3000+ days on each one. Is it worrying doc?