MVS Lowboy 25" 4 Slot restored cabinet

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi Folks,

I bought this pacific region lowboy 26" 4 slot about 10 months ago. I have been restoring it on and off over the past 6 months and I'm finally almost finished. (apologies I put this in the wrong section)

The work I had to do was as follows:

Refurbished chassis.
Refurbished Peter Chou psu
Replacement rear fan
Replacement 4 slot board
New reproduction cpo overlay
New side art sticker ( not fitted yet)
New Plexiglass and repro marquee
New marquee light
Refurbished MCA joysticks
New buttons ( I fitted Led buttons but not sure if I'll keep them in)

Everything apart from the Leds is as original.

My coin Led board just stopped working so that's next on the list to repair.

I'm originally from Europe myself so I'm not overly keen on the MCA joysticks for the fighters. I always has the US type sticks in Ireland and they have a better throw IMO.

I sourced the reproduction cpo overlay and side stickers from Carson @ Noodleshirt and I have to say he does amazing work.

I love these machines as they are so compact with a big screen. The button layout takes some getting used to but apart from that it's all good!

Guess its time to start playing some if the 60 odd carts I've amassed :cool:

Dave.

107cecba3731273a45675effcd0ca080.jpg

b6e4bb94f9c3b71781cda0952968e349.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1455799785370.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
5cbb31278a0cd2c48de0848c7ce2dd7a.jpg

74ac7746413c83765c6e01b795f6574e.jpg

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That cab looks awesome - especially with the LEDs. Nice work.

That CP button placement bothers me. The start buttons are fine.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That cab looks awesome - especially with the LEDs. Nice work.

That CP button placement bothers me. The start buttons are fine.
Cheers mate. Yeah the button layout is not great and I can't understand why LAI (Leisure and Allied Industries) designed it that way as there was room for the classic 4 button layout although it would be tight. LAI produced the pacific region MVS machines under license from SNK.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
For sure mate, Ive just had my first few games on the cabinet tonight! This is the first time its been fully functional in many years :D It's nice to bring these classics back to life.

Nice job on the restore. Time to start playing.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I never saw that type of model, shit is sexy.

Great job !

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Looks great except for those light up buttons. Take that KPJ shit off and get some nice IL parts in there.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I never saw that type of model, shit is sexy.

Great job !

Thanks Mate :)

Looks great except for those light up buttons. Take that KPJ shit off and get some nice IL parts in there.

I'm still not sure on the led's and had thought about IL's but they are not easy come by over here. I still have the original buttons that came with the machine but they are in bad shape and also pretty crap quality. The leds are growing on me though :)

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That cab looks really neat, but seems like it would cause neck pain...

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Looks like brand New Dave!...you have done a great job here. i like led buttons..i did something similar on my old Pony 28".
Awesome:)

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I always liked the look of the lowboys. Nice job. Restorations is the work of champions. :D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Very nice job on the restoration. Looks great. I could never get used to the control panel though.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That cab looks really neat, but seems like it would cause neck pain...
I should be able to answer this by tonight! :) Interestingly.. all the LAI produced MVS cabinets for the Pacific region had their monitors at an angle, not sure the reasoning behind this.
http://www.hardmvs.com/xml/pacific/pacCabs.htm

Looks like brand New Dave!...you have done a great job here. i like led buttons..i did something similar on my old Pony 28".
Awesome:)

Thanks mate, I was unsure on the led buttons at first but I kind of like them now.

I always liked the look of the lowboys. Nice job. Restorations is the work of champions. :D

Cheers mate, it was certainly and enjoyable one!

Very nice job on the restoration. Looks great. I could never get used to the control panel though.

Thanks mate, the layout becomes a bit annoying for fighters but having played it for a few hours now I dont find it an issue any longer.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Classy machine. Despite the strange layout, I don't figure it'd take long to adapt.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Awesome work dude, I have the exact same cab, they're great and the stereo output is LOUD! Where did you source the topper? I'd love to get one.

Regarding the button layout, it's fine and real easy to get used to, the only difference is your pinky is relaxed for the D button instead of being outstretched. Odd, but nothing a serious fighter couldn't get used to.

Regarding a credit board, as long as it's just the board, I may be able to help you out, let me look through my piles of extras and get back to you.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've always loved those lowboys pacific cabs, so amazing in design. The button layout sucks but it's more geared towards style over practicality. You can still play a lot of great games in it though, maybe even some KOFs...after getting used to it of course.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Nice LB2 MM. What does the header say above the marquees?
It would be cool to get a clearer picture of that.
Also what sticks are those?
Cab looks terrific!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice LB2 MM. What does the header say above the marquees?
It would be cool to get a clearer picture of that.
Also what sticks are those?
Cab looks terrific!

Keen to get a better look of the topper too.

The sticks are MCA's. Australian made, they were near everywhere on cabs back in the day. They have a very tight play style which I am not too keen on. I ended up putting Happ Competition bats on mine.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've always love the look of those cabs and the Lordsdale (or is it lordsvale?) cabs. I've tried similar sticks to those in Europe and they are awful.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Keen to get a better look of the topper too.

The sticks are MCA's. Australian made, they were near everywhere on cabs back in the day. They have a very tight play style which I am not too keen on. I ended up putting Happ Competition bats on mine.
Thanx for the comments folks!

I'll post a pic of the topper tomorrow :) it actually came on the cab. If you had a spare credit board that would be awesome!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanx for the comments folks!

I'll post a pic of the topper tomorrow :) it actually came on the cab. If you had a spare credit board that would be awesome!

Hey man, yeah, I forgot about this let me check and I'll PM you. It'd just be the credit board, no harness.