My dream arcade machine.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Can't find a decent picture but, definitely this:

rush2049.jpg

2P sit-down 2049 Special Edition. I would LOVE to own this....

wow, that cab brings me back. i was a game tester on these very machines back in college - chillest job ever.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
wow, that cab brings me back. i was a game tester on these very machines back in college - chillest job ever.

That was the cab you were always talking about! Pretty sick. Yeah, that sounds like a solid college gig.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

That was the cab you were always talking about! Pretty sick. Yeah, that sounds like a solid college gig.

You lucky fuck. Well, I'm after one. It's the only arcade machine I really want. If I can't get it, I'll have to opt for some sort of mini-PC set-up at home through my TV instead.

I managed to play the SE version once, in the Rosen Plaza on the IDrive in Florida whilst on holiday there a couple of years back. Good ol' Larry Rosen (or whatever he's called), upon my last visit, elected to turn the Arcade into a Nightclub (fair enough) and the 2049 SE cab was nowhere to be seen. Again. Tears. Tears... everywhere.

I looked in other arcade spots on my hols (Buster & Dave and Disney Quest, to name a couple) but not a 2049SE cab in sight :(

Ugh. I need it in my life. I need to go 'beyond' standard 2049. My mind and body is ready for the ultimate RUSH!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
After I got rid of my NeoGeo conversion I had a supergun setup with a PVM I liked a lot and said I wouldn't want any sticks n buttons cabs again. Holy Grails for me (not necessarily unobtainable, but ya know, goals) were a DDR and a beatmania IIDX. I bought a DDR in 2014, and I bought beatmania IIDX last month, here's a few photos I took a while ago of them + some of the other new cabs I got with it (not pictured- the original 5keys beatmania cab I also have):
mzYdEOI.jpg

kDsus8X.jpg

Not the best photos but yeah. IIDX is a really impressive cab in person.

Anyway to cap off what I started the post with, despite still loving my supergun setup I'm getting a candy somewhat soon, fuck lol.

Oh yeah, I played on a Galaxian 3 (or something that ran on that "cab") as a little kid at FunPlex in Missouri City, TX. My mom was always a bit peeved since I sucked ass at the game and it was somewhat expensive to play. If only I had appreciated the idea of a room-sized game more at the time, I really don't think it hit me at all how absurdly huge and over the top that cab was.

Last edited:

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Awesome cabs. I always wanted a DDR but do not have the space. Looks like you are running out of space there. :D

Since we are talking about dream machines, I wouldn't mind getting this one:

sAWdj (1).jpg

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The black stuff to the left of the second pic will be out of here sooner than later (a GuitarFreaks and DrumMania that I'm shipping to a friend), and the new cabs take up less room than the standing controller + TV setups I had to simulate them:
4c378bec33d40608af0398fd0c732eba.jpg

a8db65d113cede93b31c075632dbfd85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome cabs. I always wanted a DDR but do not have the space. Looks like you are running out of space there. :D

Since we are talking about dream machines, I wouldn't mind getting this one:

View attachment 34779
SWEET!

How about that new After Burner Climax, simple but so slick!
2805f4b1e69d454c1e218af0aa07ab8b-650-80.jpg

I always loved Virtua Racing...that cockpit made it intimate...
20130930104252-electrozor-181120071114204500.jpg

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
This thread gives my arcade boner much joy. Also I'm still looking for one of these bad boys:

04_michael_jackson_jeu_video.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That thing below looks like dear old Granny's holiday sheets...

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
My dream cab is one that I can hook up my Dreamcast on and maybe the Atomiswave if I ever get one.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For cabs, the ones that I always wanted to have were After Burner, Outrun and Virtual On.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
If we're talking Bemani games, then I'd like this:

parapara.jpg

Throw some "Bandelero Commanchero" on that bad boy and I'm set. So many good times with that machine.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I've always wanted a sit down Crazy Taxi or Jambo Safari. I just don't have the room.

This would be cool too, we played it a lot when my friends ran an arcade in high school.

maxresdefault.jpg