MY FIND OF THE YEAR! (Sega Astro City 29)

MarkMan

n00b
Hi I've been visiting the site for quite some time now, I don't post much. Thought I'd change that with this latest pickup of mine.

This is definately my find of the YEAR.

Well it's a long story...

I got a Sega Astro City 29 in wonderful condition for a mere $23.00 USD.

A friend of me linked me to the cabinet on Craig's List in my area.(Huge thanks to my homie Ace R. since he made all this possible).

Sure enough I emailed the seller and called them up. They just wanted to get rid of it. To make sure it wasn't a typo I asked again about the price, they said "$20."

So I go over there to inspect the cabinet. It's in beautiful condition. The buttons didn't work but that's because the wiring became unplugged, easy fix. And the coin door was missing(easily replaceable). Street Fighter II: World Warrior was already in the machine, and I didn't hesitate to buy it.

Turns out it was a lady and her son that just wanted to get rid of it. It was given to them by their neighbor awhile ago. It's an Astro City 29 cabinet with a Blast City panel. Pretty much brand new Sanwa buttons/stick. No burn in on the monitor at all. No signs of wear on the speakers. The lady told me that her son was going to keep the money from the sales, so when I offerred him $23 bucks his face lit up with the biggest smile his fat face could muster... he gladly accepted since he only wanted $20. Badabing badaboom. Oh yea it looks like this:

160930840_49baf7cda9_o.jpg

I have 2 arcade cabinets now.

This one and a dedicated Tekken Tag Tournament machine. Now I only need 1 more cabinet(Sega New Versus City) to go so I can complete my 'ideal' collection.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Congrats! Great find!"*

*I hate you, you suck

sven666

War Room Troll
$23!!! man you got ripped off! :make_fac:

great find/price/cab/everything, congrats :buttrock:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Wow, nice find. So when are you going to sell it to me for around $30???:chimp:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Dude i'll give you $46 for it (you'll double your money!) lol

Awesome find! That was practicly free man! HOly crap

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
This is literally like a kick in the balls :blow_top:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Did the guy not know just how much he COULD have gotten that for? I'd gladly drop 5-600 bucks for one of those. You lucky bastard!

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Unfreakinbelievable! It's in wonderful condition too.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Did the guy not know just how much he COULD have gotten that for? I'd gladly drop 5-600 bucks for one of those. You lucky bastard!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wonder what the kid's reaction would be if MarkMan told him how much it's really worth. I'd drop $500 for this in a flash :cool:

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
lucky you.. congratsn thats gotta be the find of the year:chimp:

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
...just checking why did you offer him $23:spock:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At least you didn't title the thread:

DID I JUST GET A GOOD DEAL????

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Aww man, you're a bad person. :kekeke:

The poor kid's face lit up for $23 when he could have gotten $400. :shame: :tickled:

Hahaha. Sorry, I shouldn't find this so funny.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Awsome, everybody's happy! Great find! Enjoy it.

fighting mania

Zero's Tailor
MarkMan said:
Hi I've been visiting the site for quite some time now, I don't post much. Thought I'd change that with this latest pickup of mine.

This is definately my find of the YEAR.

Well it's a long story...

I got a Sega Astro City 29 in wonderful condition for a mere $23.00 USD.

A friend of me linked me to the cabinet on Craig's List in my area.(Huge thanks to my homie Ace R. since he made all this possible).

Sure enough I emailed the seller and called them up. They just wanted to get rid of it. To make sure it wasn't a typo I asked again about the price, they said "$20."

So I go over there to inspect the cabinet. It's in beautiful condition. The buttons didn't work but that's because the wiring became unplugged, easy fix. And the coin door was missing(easily replaceable). Street Fighter II: World Warrior was already in the machine, and I didn't hesitate to buy it.

Turns out it was a lady and her son that just wanted to get rid of it. It was given to them by their neighbor awhile ago. It's an Astro City 29 cabinet with a Blast City panel. Pretty much brand new Sanwa buttons/stick. No burn in on the monitor at all. No signs of wear on the speakers. The lady told me that her son was going to keep the money from the sales, so when I offerred him $23 bucks his face lit up with the biggest smile his fat face could muster... he gladly accepted since he only wanted $20. Badabing badaboom. Oh yea it looks like this:

160930840_49baf7cda9_o.jpg

I have 2 arcade cabinets now.

This one and a dedicated Tekken Tag Tournament machine. Now I only need 1 more cabinet(Sega New Versus City) to go so I can complete my 'ideal' collection.

Wow !!! Congrats............ ;)

MarkMan

n00b
I offerred $23 cuz I felt bad.

Well obviously not that bad.

lol.

The mom and her son really had no idea what they had.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Thats the craziest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Congratulations, I'm pretty sure you're the envy of the board for now.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I honestly have nothing to say, words cant describe how good of a deal you just got.
I feel so ripped off now, fekin hell.